[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Seton (on the edge of my seat) Hall thoughts  (Read 13837 times)

LloydsLegs

• All American
Re: Seton (on the edge of my seat) Hall thoughts
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2019, 06:35:33 PM »

++ Wonder why Bailey didn't play at all, given the JC's struggles.

He was pulled I think after Wojo was unhappy with team defensive rebounding effort on a long SH possession.

Also, many have correctly noted how bad of a man Mr. John is.  He challenged early for every single rebound it seemed.  And he altered many many more shots than he blocked.  B-East.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2019, 07:18:30 PM »
The Crowd was very weak imo. Outside of the last few minutes in the game the crowd was pretty quiet. Unlike the Buffalo and Wisconsin game where every stop/made shot the roof was coming off. Maybe because they were not ranked but this was my 4th game of the year (K-State, Buffalo and Wisconsin) and it was the weakest as far as crowd noise out of all.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2019, 07:21:53 PM »
Wojo was awesome today
Agreed. I love how he’s settled in and doesn’t appear to get rattled under 8 minutes.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2019, 07:29:00 PM »
The Crowd was very weak imo. Outside of the last few minutes in the game the crowd was pretty quiet. Unlike the Buffalo and Wisconsin game where every stop/made shot the roof was coming off. Maybe because they were not ranked but this was my 4th game of the year (K-State, Buffalo and Wisconsin) and it was the weakest as far as crowd noise out of all.
I brought this up early on. The attendance has been outstanding this year! Marquette was struggling in the 2nd half after looking pretty solid in the 1st half. I lost my voice yelling at the crowd and waving to finally get them going! We can't take winning for granted at Fiserv Forum. Student body coming back will help the cause.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:30:42 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2019, 07:29:48 PM »

Poor shooting, lots of turnovers, and timeouts at inconvenient times really kill the vibe in the arena. It would have been loud if the game had a better flow to it. Creighton will be a good atmosphere when they come here.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2019, 07:30:15 PM »

The bench with a whopping two points. I get Ed got hurt, but that is pretty brutal.

I noticed that Seton Hall, like MU, used 5 players from the bench. Also got only 2 points from their bench. Strikingly bad for both teams.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2019, 07:34:07 PM »
Poor shooting, lots of turnovers, and timeouts at inconvenient times really kill the vibe in the arena. It would have been loud if the game had a better flow to it.
I've been to so many rock fight games over the years, so flow has nothing to do with it. 7 mintues left needs to be a sign of energy from crowd when the team is trailing.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:35:51 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2019, 07:34:56 PM »
I brought this up early on. The attendance has been outstanding this year! Marquette was struggling in the 2nd half after looking pretty solid in the 1st half. I lost my voice yelling at the crowd and waving to finally get them going! We can't take winning for granted at Fiserv Forum. Student body coming back will help the cause.

Missed your post earlier but Yes I saw Wojo on multiple occasions swinning his arms trying to get the crowd to get loud when Seton hall was taking the ball up court. As many said maybe it was the flow of the game that killed the vibe. Either way it was a great grind it out win. Hopefully we shoot the 3 ball better on Tueday.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2019, 07:36:35 PM »
I've been to so many rock fight games over the years. 7 mintues left needs to be a sign of energy from crowd when the team is trailing.

I don’t disagree. The UW game had great energy during the 12-8 min mark and I’m not sure there were any field goals made during that time. I do think the opponent makes a difference and this is supposed to be a “down” seton hall even though they are playing well this season.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2019, 07:37:20 PM »
Also need to give props to McKnight from S.H. He shout down Howard pretty good in the second half. It was the rest of the team that stepped up when Howard was locked down.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2019, 08:59:15 PM »
The crowds are always going to be louder on Friday and Saturday nights or late afternoon games because of one thing: beer.   Don't underestimate the effects of boozing it up before and during a weekend night game when it comes to crowd noise.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2019, 09:05:27 PM »
Some on here have suggested that Willard can't coach and that Seton Hall would be bad this season.  Care to reassess?
I’ve never said he can’t coach.....but I’m not sold. And nothing that he did today made me change my mind. They battled. Does this make Willard something other than what we’ve seen the last several years?

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2019, 09:09:46 PM »
Love Theo so, so much. Would probably hate him if he was on any other team though.

That Cale dude was doing his best Dougie McFlopper impression. Glad Theo pretty much told him to sit down.

Was Cale the one who Theo was jawing with near the end of the game? 
After the goaltending on Theo, the tv audio caught Theo essentially saying, "How'd you like that, Beotch?"

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:10:25 PM by 94Warrior »

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 09:15:24 PM »
Paid Attendance- 17,180.

Crowds have been excellent this season. People coming out in huge numbers. That said, Marquette look good in the 1st half. Had it's problems scoring in the 2nd half. We as a crowd need to bring it! I lost my voice in the final 7 minutes getting people to their feet for defense of stops. Wojo felt the same as he was himself trying to get the crowd going. I hope we are not taking winning at Fiserv Forum for granted.
Yes—great crowd again today!
And yes..Wojo emploring the crowd to get behind the Warriors was great.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2019, 10:45:22 PM »
Was Cale the one who Theo was jawing with near the end of the game? 
After the goaltending on Theo, the tv audio caught Theo essentially saying, "How'd you like that, Beotch?"

I was yelling at the TV, "Shut up!"  The last thing we needed was a technical there.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2019, 10:49:38 PM »
When's the last time we had a dude as bad as Theo? Like the reason he's there is to talk sh!t, intimidate you, and attempt to kill you if you try and drive to the basket.

As much as I wanna say Jae, he's not really close. Haven't had a player like that since I started paying attention to MU.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:26 PM »
When's the last time we had a dude as bad as Theo? Like the reason he's there is to talk sh!t, intimidate you, and attempt to kill you if you try and drive to the basket.

As much as I wanna say Jae, he's not really close. Haven't had a player like that since I started paying attention to MU.

Theo is a bad man on the court. I love it.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2019, 12:13:28 AM »
We gave up a lot of offensive rebounds today.  Noticeable because we have been so good at limiting those this year. 

I would love to see us play well for large percentages of the game as the season wears on.

Cain and Chartouny were really bad today, I thought.  John and Anim were very good.  Everyone else somewhere in between.

If Sam gets it going like last year we are going to be awfully good.  He and Joey missed many high percentage 3s today.  SHU reminded me a bit of SJU.  Very athletic, made it very hard on Markus.

You can add Joey to the list with joe c and cain.  Was terrible on both ends today.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2019, 12:40:03 AM »
I've been to so many rock fight games over the years, so flow has nothing to do with it. 7 mintues left needs to be a sign of energy from crowd when the team is trailing.

I didnt sit and screamed my head off. arena was fine when we needed it. #opaquecupseverywhere
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2019, 06:17:30 AM »
I was yelling at the TV, "Shut up!"  The last thing we needed was a technical there.

I was surprised we didn't get a technical and I couldn't hear any of the audio. Another play that had me nervous was when SHU was fouled on a three and Theo swatted away the shot right as it got below the rim. It wasn't close to going in, but it looked like one that could've been called goaltending anyway, especially with Big East refs this year.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2019, 07:21:49 AM »

The bench with a whopping two points. I get Ed got hurt, but that is pretty brutal.
Yikes. Cain and Bailey are really hard to watch at times. Cain in particular does at least one boneheaded thing a game i.e. dribble the ball off his leg or catch the ball with a foot on the baseline. He does some of the little things well but man there are times he looks like he’s only been playing basketball for two years
No Finish Line

MU82

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2019, 07:29:00 AM »
Theo is a bad man on the court. I love it.

Soft, according to Johnnies fans.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ducs

• Walk-On
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2019, 08:17:22 AM »
No we didn’t.

Refs let them play all game, that benefited the SHU physicality.

Cain was mugged twice. Bang bang charges went on us. We were banged on numerous defensive rebounds.

Powell had a pretty weak leg kick out called on Markus in the 1H.

Refs mostly let them play. There wasn’t home cooking.

The foul on Theo under our basket where I think he handed off the ball to Markus, turned around and the SHU player banged into him was a gift for SHU

IrwinFletcher

• All American
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2019, 08:36:40 AM »
The foul on Theo under our basket where I think he handed off the ball to Markus, turned around and the SHU player banged into him was a gift for SHU

No.  that was an incredibly stupid play by Theo.  No reason to move into the SH player.  He has to be smarter than that, especially with Morrow out for a bit.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2019, 08:41:04 AM »

IDK young Skywalker and I'm sure someone will come up with one but I'll throw out Maurice Lucas for ya; the baddest MU baller ever.

feedback