[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Where's morrow  (Read 19204 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: Where's morrow
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2019, 06:35:05 PM »
Maybe someday.  Not yet, though.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GoldenEagle323

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2019, 11:02:32 PM »
any news???

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2019, 11:15:02 PM »
HIPPA trumps Vegas.

Pretty sure that HIPAA doesn’t apply to universities—FERPA is the act that governs privacy of education records.

That said, FERPA I believe would extend similar protections to a student-athletes medical info.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2019, 11:22:32 PM »
Pretty sure that HIPAA doesn’t apply to universities—FERPA is the act that governs privacy of education records.

That said, FERPA I believe would extend similar protections to a student-athletes medical info.

University doctors, nurses, mental health practitioners, etc are all bound by HIPAA as well as FERPA.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2019, 11:46:37 PM »
University doctors, nurses, mental health practitioners, etc are all bound by HIPAA as well as FERPA.

Ok, this is getting a bit technical, but if their records pertain to a student and therefore would usually fall within FERPA’s definition of education records, then HIPAA no longer applies and FERPA governs (under an exception to HIPAA).  There are probably some situations where the records may not, but I think talking about student-athletes, the concern is generally going to be about FERPA and not HIPAA. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2019, 01:09:52 AM »
Do we know if it was the right or left foot?  Didn’t he break a bone in his right foot when he was at Nebraska?

Right foot at Nebraska
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2019, 03:47:18 AM »
Ok, this is getting a bit technical, but if their records pertain to a student and therefore would usually fall within FERPA’s definition of education records, then HIPAA no longer applies and FERPA governs (under an exception to HIPAA).  There are probably some situations where the records may not, but I think talking about student-athletes, the concern is generally going to be about FERPA and not HIPAA.

HIPPA has nothing to do with it.  If it did they would never announce the nature of injuries, ever.  If HIPPA was the issue, Wojo would be a lawbreaker for telling us about Greg Eliott's hand when explaining why he was red-shirted.

Instead, it is about coaches being control freaks and not wanting to say anything until they are forced to.

With states now allowed to have online gambling, the more that coaches say nothing the more guys named Vinnie with greasy hair will be handing out benjamins around the practice facility asking for information.  And it doesn't have to be the players, plenty of graduate assistants, secretaries and janitors that know what is going on.
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2019, 03:48:16 AM »
Right foot at Nebraska

Who went to jail in Nebraska for violating HIPPA laws by making this public?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2019, 05:37:59 AM »
The student or their family can give permission to disclose.   Just like the forms you sign every year at your doctor.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2019, 06:22:53 AM »
With states now allowed to have online gambling, the more that coaches say nothing the more guys named Vinnie with greasy hair will be handing out benjamins around the practice facility asking for information.

“In a speech delivered in 1961 to the Italian American War Veterans of America, (Vice President) Nelson Rockefeller quoted the number of 1.5 million as the total of Italian-Americans who served in World War II, thereby constituting about ten percent of the entire US armed forces.”  Yet they represented only 3 percent of the entire American population.

You call these unsavory characters  “greasy haired Vinnies“, an obvious implication to Italian American stereotypes?

You may want to reconsider your definitions going forward, Rick Majerus Towel.

You didn’t go to Marquette to be stupid.
Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2019, 11:04:02 AM »
I feel like if it were broken, we would know by now.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2019, 11:17:34 AM »

“In a speech delivered in 1961 to the Italian American War Veterans of America, (Vice President) Nelson Rockefeller quoted the number of 1.5 million as the total of Italian-Americans who served in World War II, thereby constituting about ten percent of the entire US armed forces.”  Yet they represented only 3 percent of the entire American population.

You call these unsavory characters  “greasy haired Vinnies“, an obvious implication to Italian American stereotypes?

You may want to reconsider your definitions going forward, Rick Majerus Towel.

You didn’t go to Marquette to be stupid.

Calm it down PC principal. Us Italians are known to be part of organized crime, and we are also known to be quite the gamblers. Even what he said of greasy hair is true. Since I have to shower twice a day just to keep it out.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2019, 11:23:53 AM »
I feel like if it were broken, we would know by now.

Could be.  Or they could be attempting to determine if it needs surgery or other recovery possibilities.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2019, 11:45:29 AM »
We'll know one way or another by this time tomorrow.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2019, 11:50:41 AM »
I wish I had enough hair for it to look 'greasy'.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2019, 12:09:42 PM »
HIPPA has nothing to do with it.  If it did they would never announce the nature of injuries, ever.  If HIPPA was the issue, Wojo would be a lawbreaker for telling us about Greg Eliott's hand when explaining why he was red-shirted.

Instead, it is about coaches being control freaks and not wanting to say anything until they are forced to.

With states now allowed to have online gambling, the more that coaches say nothing the more guys named Vinnie with greasy hair will be handing out benjamins around the practice facility asking for information.  And it doesn't have to be the players, plenty of graduate assistants, secretaries and janitors that know what is going on.

You are 100% right that "HIPPA" has nothing to do with it.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »
Given that MUscoop is never right ... the fact that we have passionate internet doctors and mind readers arguing over what it means that Morrow out tells me he is going to be fine.

A colossal waste of time.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2019, 12:28:46 PM »
Probably.   Get the appropriate bets down in Vegas then.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2019, 12:33:02 PM »
Given that MUscoop is never right ... the fact that we have passionate internet doctors and mind readers arguing over what it means that Morrow out tells me he is going to be fine.

Oh the irony.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
I wish I had enough hair for it to look 'greasy'.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2019, 12:37:18 PM »
Not far off.   Contractually obligated to keep it short.    A good friend, who had gone 33 years keeping his hair buzzed to the bone, retired and then did not shave or cut his hair for, well, we are at 2 years now.    Every time I see him, like everybody else, I mock the crap out of him.    His wife has this haunted 'save me' look on her face every time she is at a gathering with him.     I keep threatening my wife that I will do the same when I retire.   She then reminds me she works with attorneys. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2019, 12:58:05 PM »

Message boards amirite?? Who wastes time discussing opinions on a message board?!
No Finish Line

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
Calm it down PC principal. Us Italians are known to be part of organized crime, and we are also known to be quite the gamblers. Even what he said of greasy hair is true. Since I have to shower twice a day just to keep it out.

Not looking to be PC, or get off track.  And I never look for trouble, on or off a message board.  It's never productive.

But if you truly are of Italian heritage, please do me a favor and research the damage that this false "organized crime" narrative has done to the Italian American people.

Start off by googling:

New Orleans 1891 lynching. 

It will open your eyes, paesano.

And Irish Spring Shampoo and Conditioner is a life saver.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

jnolan23

• Walk-On
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2019, 03:05:05 PM »
Ed is questionable for tomorrow night per the team's twitter feed (https://twitter.com/MarquetteMBB/status/1084917940523282432).  Hopefully that means it's nothing too serious.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »
I hope that is enough for Heisie to properly bet the Vegas line.   

feedback