[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Jayme Close found alive  (Read 11211 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Jayme Close found alive
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 12:49:28 AM »
I will assume she was a 13 year old kidnapping victim instead of a murderer of her own parents until something to suggest otherwise comes out.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 04:54:52 AM »
I will assume she was a 13 year old kidnapping victim instead of a murderer of her own parents until something to suggest otherwise comes out.

This^^^^^^^^^

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 08:23:35 AM »

+1

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 09:39:59 AM »
In Douglas Co, WI.  Suspect in custody.   Missing since October.   Amazing, hope she is ok.

ZFB, check your spelling

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 10:03:56 AM »

Feels like a universal truth
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 10:18:36 AM »

Assumption is the mother of all f—k ups.  Perhaps its best to assume nothing?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 11:29:25 AM »
How so?   Sure seems like the police never had the kidnapper as a suspect, didn't find her, and she escaped on her own. 

Again, I greatly respect the jobs LEOs do, but I don't see a lot of success here.   I'll be happy to read that the kidnapper made mistakes due to the police closing in on him, but so far that's not known.

Tripping over themselves to thank each other.....seems like the last thing they were doing.

I can only imagine the heartache the law enforcement offers felt over the past 80+ days, and having to stuff it inside and do their job professionally.  To have this kind of a case come to a “good” ending was probably the last thing they were expecting 24 hours previously.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2019, 12:57:28 PM »
Assumption is the mother of all f—k ups.  Perhaps its best to assume nothing?

In a situation like this I’m fine assuming she’s a victim here. If the police felt there was a reason to suspect wrongdoing by her she probably wouldn’t be back reunited with family.

And even if she was at fault for anything here, chances are, being that she was 13 years old, her parents gave her some reason to feel a desperate need to get out of some situation, or some 21 year old guy convinced her she was in a situation she needed to be out of. So even if she did do something here, which again, I’ll assume the 13 year old girl who went missing after her parents were murdered, I’ll still feel more concerned about how the adults in her life could put her in that situation rather than lay a bunch of blame on her.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
In a situation like this I’m fine assuming she’s a victim here. If the police felt there was a reason to suspect wrongdoing by her she probably wouldn’t be back reunited with family.

Nonsense.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 01:45:14 PM »

And even if she was at fault for anything here, chances are, being that she was 13 years old, her parents gave her some reason to feel a desperate need to get out of some situation, or some 21 year old guy convinced her she was in a situation she needed to be out of. So even if she did do something here, which again, I’ll assume the 13 year old girl who went missing after her parents were murdered, I’ll still feel more concerned about how the adults in her life could put her in that situation rather than lay a bunch of blame on her.

I always find discussions on age vs responsibility interesting. We really haven't figured out, as a society, how to reconcile those 2 thing. And I am reminded of the Dave Chapelle bit:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/75XKGVwGEt4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/75XKGVwGEt4</a>

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 01:53:59 PM »
Tripping over themselves to thank each other.....seems like the last thing they were doing.

I can only imagine the heartache the law enforcement offers felt over the past 80+ days, and having to stuff it inside and do their job professionally.  To have this kind of a case come to a “good” ending was probably the last thing they were expecting 24 hours previously.

Agree.

This week was law enforcement appreciation.

Three more cops killed this week, two of them female cops.  2018 more cops died than 2017.

Tough gig.   
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 07:44:45 PM »
Wow, there is some inane speculation in this thread. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:48:31 PM by Vander Blue Man Group »

reinko

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 07:51:06 PM »
Wow, there is same inane speculation in this thread.

Welcome to the internet friend.  You must be new here.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 09:06:49 PM »
Agree.

This week was law enforcement appreciation.

Three more cops killed this week, two of them female cops.  2018 more cops died than 2017.

Tough gig.   

great point my man!!  i saw true, raw emotion from sheriff calling jayme closs the real hero here.  if i'm not mistaken, he looked like he had some watery eyes
don't...don't don't don't don't

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 09:17:44 PM »

God help you if you ever meet parents of a mentally ill child.  I guess it’s the parents’ fault if they didn’t genetically engineer their child, right?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »
God help you if you ever meet parents of a mentally ill child.  I guess it’s the parents’ fault if they didn’t genetically engineer their child, right?

What the eff are you talking about?

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »
Welcome to the internet friend.  You must be new here.

I was just surprised at the extent of it, which I guess I should have expected. 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 09:32:11 AM »
CBS had a "48 Hours" episode last night about Jayme Closs.

At the time the crimes happened, they searched the family's phone records and computers, and there is no evidence that there was any communication between the Jake Patterson and the Closs family. He lived 80 miles away. Several years ago he worked for one day at the same plant that the parents worked at - in a completely different department.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 09:54:31 AM »
CBS had a "48 Hours" episode last night about Jayme Closs.

At the time the crimes happened, they searched the family's phone records and computers, and there is no evidence that there was any communication between the Jake Patterson and the Closs family. He lived 80 miles away. Several years ago he worked for one day at the same plant that the parents worked at - in a completely different department.

So the questions remains is how he "found" her.  Online? Randomly out in public somewhere? The answer will come out soon.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 03:30:27 PM »
Looks like this (not shockingly) is holding up. Seems like whole story came out today. Very frightening.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 03:33:53 PM »
Spotted her getting off the bus and decided she was the one he would abduct.  Crazy guy, no conspiracy.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

nyg

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2019, 03:40:32 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-wisconsin-killings-kidnapping-due-court-045806027.html

Good writeup based on the criminal complaint filed by arresting officers. 

No description of an sexual assault, detectives wouldn't put that in the complaint knowing it would be made public. 

A predator, who looks like he confessed, now background on whereabouts and has he done other crimes in his past. 

buckchuckler

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »
What a completely horrifying story.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2019, 04:39:21 PM »
As graduates of a Jesuit institution, let us all pray tonight that God blesses her with His grace as she seeks to overcome this unimaginable nightmare, one day at a time.  Jamye has upwards of 70 more years here on earth.  May God grant her peace and strength.  Amen.   

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »
As graduates of a Jesuit institution, let us all pray tonight that God blesses her with His grace as she seeks to overcome this unimaginable nightmare, one day at a time.  Jamye has upwards of 70 more years here on earth.  May God grant her peace and strength.  Amen.   

Grant her the strength to survive the trial and the perseverance to heal.

Completely irrational and random acts like this have the same effect on the public psyche as terrorism... maybe one might expect this in a foreign country or a big city.  But it only shows that no matter how much effort you expend to avoid risk, evil can still find you.