collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Congrats To Tim Tebow  (Read 9288 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
Re: Congrats To Tim Tebow
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »
Dude's finally gonna cut a slice. 31 years dry.

Looks like his gal can teach him some tricks, aina?
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:05:00 PM »
now thats a spicy a meatball!! schwing schwing schwing
don't...don't don't don't don't

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:20:56 PM »
Dude's finally gonna cut a slice. 31 years dry.

Looks like his gal can teach him some tricks, aina?

3 humps or 2, ya figure?

mudeltaforcegurl

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:32:24 PM »
Behind every successful man is a beautiful woman.  :-* Maybe more accurately men appear successful when they are with a beautiful woman.  :P :-* ;D

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 07:19:43 AM »
3 humps or 2, ya figure?

10 second time on target x 3

"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 09:00:39 AM »
10 second time on target x 3

I'll take the under.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
3 secs. in da lane, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 11:54:37 PM »
Invited to Major League camp.  I so hope he makes the team to watch heads explode. 

http://tv5.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25788660/tim-tebow-open-spring-training-new-york-mets-major-league-camp?platform=amp
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2019, 12:28:18 AM »
Invited to Major League camp.  I so hope he makes the team to watch heads explode. 

http://tv5.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25788660/tim-tebow-open-spring-training-new-york-mets-major-league-camp?platform=amp

Explode for good reason.  He was not in the top 50 in any batting category in the Eastern League, and his OPS was barely top 75.  There are 3 diff AA leagues so he's likely not in the top 125 hitters in AA, plus he's 30.  If he was any other minor leaguer, he'd be lucky to be there.

Kudos for working hard and chasing a "dream" but give me a break.  The Mets are desperate for eyeballs and attention.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 01:24:43 AM »
Explode for good reason.  He was not in the top 50 in any batting category in the Eastern League, and his OPS was barely top 75.  There are 3 diff AA leagues so he's likely not in the top 125 hitters in AA, plus he's 30.  If he was any other minor leaguer, he'd be lucky to be there.

Kudos for working hard and chasing a "dream" but give me a break.  The Mets are desperate for eyeballs and attention.

Point is that the experts said he wouldn’t get out of rookie ball, and a lot of the anti comments against him are because of his belief system....sadly.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

🏀

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 05:43:57 AM »
Point is that the experts said he wouldn’t get out of rookie ball, and a lot of the anti comments against him are because of his belief system....sadly.

Could it be because he's just weird and cringey?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 08:25:32 AM »

Nah.  He was fellated by the media because of "his belief system" and the legion of weirdos that follow him, despite the fact that he was a poor NFL quarterback and now is a poor professional baseball player.  He's clearly being strung along by the Mets for publicity reasons.  No other 30 year old with his stats would be given these same opportunities.

Not that I care.  The Mets are a joke.  This is just further evidence of that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »
Could it be because he's just weird and cringey?

Weird because his belief system is different than others?  I’d call it rather interesting since that side levels same acccusations towards others around other belief systems.

How about we all get along and accept each other’s weirdness?

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2019, 09:50:42 AM »
Nah.  He was fellated by the media because of "his belief system" and the legion of weirdos that follow him, despite the fact that he was a poor NFL quarterback and now is a poor professional baseball player.  He's clearly being strung along by the Mets for publicity reasons.  No other 30 year old with his stats would be given these same opportunities.

Revisionist history to fit a victim complex narrative? Not the Chicos I know!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 09:55:07 AM »

"Anti comments"...you mean a bunch of jokes?  And my post which was 100% statistically based?  There has been nothing here that was anti-Tebow, there was more positive than otherwise.

Experts said he wouldn't get out of rookie ball cause he hadn't played baseball in years and was in his late 20s, not cause of discrimination.  Being invited to spring training and being promoted by a floundering organization via preferential treatment doesn't mean he somehow overcame all his haters.

He's made millions because of the cult of personality around his belief system otherwise he'd be just another great college player, failed pro doing 3rd team color commentary on the SEC network.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 10:23:34 AM »
And to be fair, he was a legitimately great college quarterback. It is no exaggeration to say he is one of the best five of all time.  He also is a decent TV personality and will get better.  But it is clear that the Mets are using his celebrity, and I in no way blame him for that. By all accounts he works hard and is a good guy. But you have to acknowledge the obvious truth here.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:48:38 AM by Sultan of South Wayne »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2019, 10:28:58 AM »
And to be fair, he was a legitimately great college quarterback. It is no exaggeration to say he is one of the best five of all time.  He also is a decent TV personality and will get better.  But it is clear that the Mets are using his celebrity, and I in know way blame him for that. By all accounts he works hard and is a good guy. But you have to acknowledge the obvious truth here.

Every word of this is true.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »

Tolerance ---- imagine if he was Muslim and sports writers, comedians, every day people said they things they did about him because of his faith. It would be universally shunned.  But, you know, he was Christian and overtly so, therefore attack at will.  FIRE AWAY.

“IN MY TIME OF PLAYING HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE AND PRO I HAD PEOPLE SAY THE MOST HORRIFIC THINGS TO ME: SAY EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO TO MY SISTERS AND MOM, THEY’RE TELLING ME WHERE TO SHOVE MY BIBLE, THEY’RE SPITTING IN MY FACE, THEY’RE GIVING CHEAP SHOTS, ALL THESE DIFFERENT THINGS TO ME, AND SO I KNOW WHAT IT’S LIKE TO HAVE PEOPLE TAKE CHEAP SHOTS AND SAY THINGS TO YOU, BUT YOU ALSO GOT TO KNOW AT THAT MOMENT THAT YOU’RE WINNING, THAT YOU’RE UNDER THEIR SKIN, SO YOU CAN’T DIP DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL BECAUSE YOU ARE ALREADY DOMINATING THEM. THEY’RE SAYING THAT BECAUSE THEY’RE ALREADY INTIMIDATED, THEY’RE DISAPPOINTED, THEY’RE UPSET BECAUSE THEY WANT SOMETHING THAT YOU HAVE.”

From others

”Inside the NFL” analyst and former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Cris  Collinsworth concluded that much of the hatred against Tebow was based on his  religious beliefs. Responding to a question from fellow host James ‘JB’ Brown,  Collinsworth showed his disgust for Tebow’s treatment: ”It’s unbelievable,  though, JB, that one of the best kids – just pure kids that’s ever come into the  NFL – is hated because of his faith, because of his mission work, because of the  fact that he wears it on his sleeve, because of the fact that he lives his life  that he talks about.”

And CBS analyst and former 49ers offensive lineman Randy Cross blamed  the media for anti-Tebow coverage: ”People, especially the media, root  against him because of what he stands for.

‘Daily Show’ comedian John Oliver declared:  ”I dislike Robert Mugabe. I hate Tim Tebow.”

Brown and Collinsworth concluded that much of the hatred against Tebow was  based on faith. Brown pointed out: ”There’s a number of guys who come into the  league with a big marquee, fat paychecks, a lot of attention, and folks don’t  seem to hate them with the same intensity that they hate Tim Tebow.”  Collinsworth concurred with Brown: ”I couldn’t agree with you more. And it’s  kind of a sad commentary, that, you know, if someone is out carousing every  night, the Joe Namath thing, or whatever, they’re American heroes, and Tim  Tebow, who’s working in missions in Asia somewhere, is a guy that we’re going to  vilify.”

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:10 AM »
Same amount of tolerance for kneelers, Aina?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 10:51:30 AM »
Yeah. It's hard to be a white, Christian male in America these days.  ::)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 10:51:52 AM »
And to be fair, he was a legitimately great college quarterback. It is no exaggeration to say he is one of the best five of all time.  He also is a decent TV personality and will get better.  But it is clear that the Mets are using his celebrity, and I in know way blame him for that. By all accounts he works hard and is a good guy. But you have to acknowledge the obvious truth here.

Yes
Yes
Maybe.  How about we see how he performs...might be a good idea.  How many "experts" said he wouldn't succeed at rookie ball, and he did.  Or Single A, and he did.  The odds are stacked against him, but he has already proven some of the so called experts wrong.

“We’ve got guys who’ve been playing five, six, seven years not having the success he’s had at Double-A,” Harrisburg manager Matt LeCroy said. “A lot of people probably thought he could not do that and now he’s starting to thrive in Double-A.”

“To hold your own after being out of it for however long he had been, you got to give the guy credit,” New Hampshire manager John Schneider said. “Baseball is a hard thing and hitting is a really hard thing. To show improvement and hold his own here in Double-A is pretty impressive.”

But remember this.....

“His presence here is a farce, and he looks like an impostor pretending to have talent he does not possess,” ESPN’s baseball insider wrote.

“There’s no hope this thing turns around,” Fox Sports wrote. “Scouts - given no choice but to evaluate this out-of-place media member - have been turning in scathing reports about Tebow’s long swing, poor fielding, and bad pitch recognition.”

TDS is pretty strong with way too many.  https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/nfl/os-tim-tebow-hate-david-whitley-0630-20160629-column.html

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2019, 10:51:57 AM »
This thread, it's really going places.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:17 AM »
Same amount of tolerance for kneelers, Aina?

Tebow is a kneeler, and crucified for it.  Thus the irony of your statement.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 10:52:36 AM »
Yeah. It's hard to be a white, Christian male in America these days.  ::)

And there it is......I prefer not to pretend how hard or easy it is for anyone in this country, since everyone has their own unique circumstances.

I can talk about a white, male, Christian relative of mine fighting cancer at the moment as an example. But to each their own.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:59:04 AM by Cheeks »