[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Poll

Did you turn off the game before Creighton messed up inbounds play?

Yes
53 (30.5%)
No
121 (69.5%)

Total Members Voted: 174

Author Topic: How Many of Us Turned it Off?  (Read 5863 times)

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
Re: How Many of Us Turned it Off?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 04:49:19 PM »
I learned when my family was very close to leaving the Illinois/Arizona Elite 8 game with 5 mins, Illini down 15 that you do not under any circumstance shut it off until it is 20 points with under a min left.

Oh man, I remember that one. I was like 12 at the time. Went to bed early nearly in tears, woke up the next morning to an Illini win.

thebigjake

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:33 PM »
I shut it off.  Switched to the Bucks game.  During the Bucks game they ran a quick "Coming up on Sportcenter" thing where they teased the college player that just scored 53 points.  Didn't say who.  I wondered who could have put that up, figuring Markus finished with 39.

So I pulled out my phone and looked up college hoops scores.  Saw the OT win score and said "WTF??" very loudly while sitting alone in my living room.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »
Dont turn games off early n dont leave early, never have, never will.  Even stayed til the end of the Southern game
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 05:15:42 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 05:27:22 PM »
Dont turn games off early n dont leave early, never have, never will.  Even stayed til the end of the Southern game
+1.
I always root for the walkons. Drives me crazy when Wojo will not let them take a shot in the last 30 seconds. southern knew they were going to get killed before the tip. No reason to not let the walkons get their chance.

2TimeWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 05:27:29 PM »
I had it DVR'd.  So I started watching about an hour late when I got home.  Around halftime, I got a few texts that spilled the beans that the result was a win.  I continued to watch without looking at anything more.  I have to say that I was pretty confident that the texts were intended to mess with me when Creighton was inbounding with .8 on the clock and MU down by 3. 

Fun game to watch!!

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2019, 05:36:27 PM »
I watched it with my brother, a Creighton alum. After Howard was stuffed he said, “sorry man, great game thot.” After the inbounds play he threw his hat. After the Hauser shot he threw his phone! Fortunately it didn’t break
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2019, 05:41:56 PM »
I was in a hotel room in Tysons Corners, VA that did not carry the game in the bar or on In-room Tv. So no, I did not turn it off

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:47 PM »
I set the DVR for 30 minutes extra and still missed the last minute of OT  >:(. From now on it's set the DVR for an hour more...

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »
Was coaching basketball, phone in hand watching the game. Saw the missed three when it was 80 to 85 with 2 seconds left. Put phone away, whipped it out to text someone at the end and saw marquette won by two. Queue me going wtf how for 15 minutes

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2019, 10:33:40 PM »
I generally watch every MU game to the end win or lose, even if angry, but this one pissed me off so much that I turned it off when the announcers said “and Creighton is going to get a huge win over Marquette” before the inbounds pass. I figured there was 0.00001% chance they could win and figured they’d only win if they somehow stole the inbound pass and got a shot up but I figured I would just get more mad watching them fail at that attempt. I can’t believe how dumb Creighton was for throwing it the length of the court. Just throw it off someone’s leg under the basket and the game is over. I saw someone tweet “SAM HAUSER” right after I turned it off and thought “no f***ing way did Sam somehow just tie the game?” and turned it back on

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2019, 05:24:30 AM »
my oldest son and i watch the game together via texting.  we were so busy bitching about this and that of the game, we both just left in on in the back ground. the usual, fire wojo, bench so and so, bad calls by the refs, etc etc and  then we heard the announcers in utter disbelief about the in bounds pass and hey, maybe we have something here....then the long wait on the replay.  because my sons feed was a little later than mine, i asked him-do you want me to tell you if they rule the shot good before your feed gives it to you?  and before he could answer, i could contain myself
don't...don't don't don't don't

milwaukee ex-pat

• Starter
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2019, 08:16:29 AM »
Had allowed my 8 year old son to stay up late since game was so close much to the chagrin of the wife.  He insisted game wasn't over when .6 was left on clock and had the remote and was literally dodging around while I tried to take it from him and turn off tv.  Very glad he is a quick little bugger.  Was dumbfounded when the inbounds went awry and just in shock when Sam made shot.  By then wife and daughter watching too all of us going crazy. What a night...

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2019, 08:31:44 AM »
I told my wife

Better update your profile quote, son
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
+1.
I always root for the walkons. Drives me crazy when Wojo will not let them take a shot in the last 30 seconds. southern knew they were going to get killed before the tip. No reason to not let the walkons get their chance.

Yeah this drives me nuts.  In the old days when games were decided the end of each bench would be on the floor for the last few minutes playing regular basketball trying to impress the coach.  More fun than just standing and dribbling out the clock.  I think the three point shot keeps the guys on the bench longer because crazy comebacks are more possible now.  But when you're up 30 with 3 minutes to go, let the end of the bench guys in.  I think part of the problem is that the teams getting killed leave their regulars in, too. 
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

flash

• Team Captain
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
I turned it off when there were . 6 seconds left.  The announcers had basically called it.  It wasn't until about 10 minutes later when I checked my phone and saw it went to overtime.  I had trouble finding a replay of the Creighton turnover that gave the ball back to MU.  All of the highlights I saw didn't include that play.   How is that possible? all they needed to do was inbound the ball and game over.  I never saw the play.   

Moonboots

• Starter
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2019, 03:19:44 PM »

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »
If you haven't seen the play yet, this might help --> https://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2019/1/10/18177563/breakdown-of-creighton-infamous-inbound-play-against-marquette

That's great.  And, once again, if he'd just tossed the ball to Theo, they'd have won.  Honestly, there's a chance Theo wouldn't have even scored because he was right on the baseline behind the backboard.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

CrowdOf5

• Starter
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2019, 03:45:48 PM »
Since we had no timeouts I wonder why Wojo even guarded the inbound considering a toss to Theo ends it??

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
I never leave the game early and never turn tv off if watching on tv.  Watch a great game. Omg.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2019, 10:36:14 PM »
Like a couple others, I will walk away from a game when we're down by 20 with 3 minutes to go or something. But no, I wouldn't (and didn't) walk away from a close game like this with that little time left.

My little brother turned it off, though. When he told me about it, I laughed my arse off. Happened to check his phone about 10 minutes later and couldn't believe it was in OT. Went back to watching it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2019, 11:23:54 PM »
I went down with the ship. Watched everything at an alumni game watching party in Chicago. So glad I did.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2019, 10:38:00 AM »
I had it off.  Guilty.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2019, 10:40:14 AM »
I went down with the ship. Watched everything at an alumni game watching party in Chicago. So glad I did.

Where was the party at?
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

feedback