[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Bob "Big Daddy" Wild
[Today at 08:40:12 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: If Sam's shot had not counted  (Read 4232 times)

bilsu

• All American
Re: If Sam's shot had not counted
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2019, 06:15:21 PM »
1. I thought it was late, so I would not of complained.
2. The play call was a good one. However, I do not think Wojo was planning on the shot taking so long. Sam had to catch and gather himself before he shot it. I also believe Sam is our most clutch player, so I would generally pick him to take the last shot.
3. I feel to good about how we won that game. I would not have been down about the loss, but I would not of been on the high I have been on all day.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 07:12:17 PM »
Do I have .08 to answer?

No you have to blow .08 to answer. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 11:01:11 PM »
Yes. After watching the 1000 replays, I had convinced myself that the ball was still touching Sam's fingertips when the red light came on. I was surprised (and elated, of course) that the shot counted.

No, because I know he's not.

I'd have been a hell of a lot more productive over the next 24 hours if the shot had missed! I was obsessed with watching replays, talking about it, etc. And that's pretty rare for me; it was just such a unique situation.

My HS team's head coach and other assistant hadn't seen it, so after our practice yesterday I showed them the Youtube highlight film. They were both in awe of Markus, and amazed by Sam's shot. Unfortunately, the highlights didn't include Creighton's boneheaded pass, so I had to draw it up for them on the whiteboard. My coach's reaction: "Damn! That's some terrible coaching!"

Not sure if I answered about the mood I'd have been in or not, but that's enough dribble from moi.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:11 PM »

My HS team's head coach and other assistant hadn't seen it, so after our practice yesterday I showed them the Youtube highlight film. They were both in awe of Markus, and amazed by Sam's shot. Unfortunately, the highlights didn't include Creighton's boneheaded pass, so I had to draw it up for them on the whiteboard. My coach's reaction: "Damn! That's some terrible coaching!"

McDermott has been roasted on Creighton message boards and Twitter. I think it's overblown. Anyone puts a finger on that ball and the game is over. The full court throw out of bounds barely ever happens (can anyone remember the last time they saw that?). It was just the middle of a perfect storm punctuated by Sam's bolt from the blue.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 07:02:57 AM »
McDermott has been roasted on Creighton message boards and Twitter. I think it's overblown. Anyone puts a finger on that ball and the game is over. The full court throw out of bounds barely ever happens (can anyone remember the last time they saw that?). It was just the middle of a perfect storm punctuated by Sam's bolt from the blue.

Glow and I have been wracking our brains, but we are sure we saw it very early this season. We just can't remember who was playing.  I want to say it was over Thanksgiving.
Have some patience, FFS.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 07:27:23 AM »
1. Yes - But very disappointed after first calling it good.  I am pretty sure the "Sh_t" word would of came out of my mouth.
2. No - It is apparent Wojo is going to live and die with Markus Howard's shot.  It is his career that is riding on it.  He knows the team better than anyone.
3. Any time the team plays their heart out and loses, I probably feel worst for the team.  I would only been concerned that we would be now W1 and L2 and Nova is W3 L0.  Hence for being a pre-conference title contender it would start to look disappointing.  But at W2 L1 the hunt for conference championship looks much better.

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 08:50:04 AM »
1.  Yes.  The ball is moving up AND forward.  Only a side view (which there were none) can reveal if his hand is actually still touching.  Everyone is focused on the up vs. forward.  Non-conclusive = The call on the floor stands.  Brave call by the refs, but the one they had to make.

2.  I'm not doubting Wojo in the long run yet.  MU is a lot better off with him coaching than me!

3.  I'm with MU82 on this.  My productivity really suffered the next day showing people re-runs.  LOL.

BEAT SETON HALL!