'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Entertainment Value  (Read 3325 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Entertainment Value
« on: January 10, 2019, 11:09:22 AM »
A miracle buzzer beater.  A 53 point performance.  A 106-104 overtime game.  Last night's game was one of the most entertaining college basketball games I can think of.  After a sloppy start in the turnover column for Marquette, the two teams combined for 23 total turnovers in 45 minutes of basketball, both teams shot over 50% from the field and the 3 point line, and both teams shot over 80% from the free throw line.  The pace was frantic and players were hitting tough shots left and right.  We gave up 104 points and I thought the defense was okay (not great, but not terrible).  Players from both teams were hitting tough, contested shots and Creighton plays a very fun style of basketball, pushing it up the court even after made baskets, spreading the court with shooters everywhere and driving and kicking to shooters.

That was fun.  Especially because we came out on top, but it was just fun basketball to watch.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:15:02 AM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuMark

• All American
Re: Entertainment Value
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 11:11:42 AM »
agree with it all........Amazing shooting by both teams.......man the Big East is putting out an amazing product the last few years.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 11:19:27 AM »
Probably more entertaining for folks who weren't Marquette or Creighton fans.

For me, that game was pretty nerve-wracking for the first 39:59.2
Have some patience, FFS.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 12:53:32 PM »
I think the most entertaining non-MU game was the UConn/Syracuse 5(6?) OT game. 

This is definitely top 3. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 12:54:55 PM »
For this season...
Gonzaga/Duke & Kentucky/Seton Hall were top of the list as well.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 12:58:18 PM »
A miracle buzzer beater.  A 53 point performance.  A 106-104 overtime game.  Last night's game was one of the most entertaining college basketball games I can think of.  After a sloppy start in the turnover column for Marquette, the two teams combined for 23 total turnovers in 45 minutes of basketball, both teams shot over 50% from the field and the 3 point line, and both teams shot over 80% from the free throw line.  The pace was frantic and players were hitting tough shots left and right.  We gave up 104 points and I thought the defense was okay (not great, but not terrible).  Players from both teams were hitting tough, contested shots and Creighton plays a very fun style of basketball, pushing it up the court even after made baskets, spreading the court with shooters everywhere and driving and kicking to shooters.

That was fun.  Especially because we came out on top, but it was just fun basketball to watch.

+ tax
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 12:58:57 PM »
agree with it all........Amazing shooting by both teams.......man the Big East is putting out an amazing product the last few years.

A lot of these Big East teams are young, too.  All of this BEast is down is short lived.  A ton of potential talent returning next year in the conference.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
I can say I was not entertained by a 49% FT shooter (Krampelj) making 13-14 from the line. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »
I can say I was not entertained by a 49% FT shooter (Krampelj) making 13-14 from the line.

Smh kept waiting for the bastard to miss one!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »
I think the most entertaining non-MU game was the UConn/Syracuse 5(6?) OT game. 

This is definitely top 3.

Agree 100%.  I remember that game. I got home from work and decided to watch the last couple of minutes of the game and what, an hour an a half later I was finally calling it a night.  What a game that was.  So fun....

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 01:47:43 PM »
As the teams were going back and forth in the OT hitting shot after shot, I absolutely had the thought that it was one of most entertaining games I'd ever watched.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 03:19:02 PM »

The game was so entertaining that this was the only thing that was truly upsetting me.
That Slovenian stepping up and swishing ft after ft had my BP thru the roof.
I kept thinking all Marquette’s reach equilibrium and was so bothered by it that I was hoping wojo would intentionally put him at the line again

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 03:38:26 PM »
Never a doubt in this game, hey? So might as well let him shoot over 90% this game so he can shoot under 20% when he comes to Milwaukee when we might actually need extra points to win!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 10:55:09 PM »
Probably more entertaining for folks who weren't Marquette or Creighton fans.

For me, that game was pretty nerve-wracking for the first 39:59.2

So your nerves were totally cool when there were still .8 seconds left?  Knew we'd get the ball back on an improbable turnover and then Sammy was gonna hit the tying shot?  :)
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 07:09:27 AM »
So your nerves were totally cool when there were still .8 seconds left?  Knew we'd get the ball back on an improbable turnover and then Sammy was gonna hit the tying shot?  :)

By that time, I thought the outcome was set. Unlike many of the folks on this board, I don't continue to ruminate about game play for days afterwards.
Have some patience, FFS.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 07:46:21 AM »
By that time, I thought the outcome was set. Unlike many of the folks on this board, I don't continue to ruminate about game play for days afterwards.

Got a point there but everyone is different.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

feedback