[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: DUDES I TURNED IT OFF!!  (Read 2609 times)

MUBigDance

• All American
DUDES I TURNED IT OFF!!
« on: January 10, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »
Worth a topic post to admit the biggest mistake in my life!
Was moving furniture and no time to watch. Flipped it on quickly Not realizing how early the game was...caught About a minute including John fouling the CR guy down 3 with 8sec. He hits both and I turn off...loss...back to moving with thought my 14-4 in jeopardy. This morning saw a cryptic text from son last night “Amazing basketball from Marquette” ... yeah if a close loss means anything methinks. Go to espn scores. Must have wrong year 106 104??? Look closer....no way? No way?! No way!!!!?

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
Re: DUDES I TURNED IT OFF!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 10:22:24 AM »
I didn't get the game on TV, but was listening to it on Tunein.  Shut it off when it was down three with .8.  Was closing apps on my phone a couple minutes later and saw the score said 85-85.  Figured it was a typo, came back to the broadcast only to hear Homer going nuts.

Love it.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

burger

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 10:26:13 AM »
I turned it off with 1 second left.....

Told my wife she could change the channel because I ddi not want to listen that F'ing Creighton announcer how this was such an important signature win for Creighton......

Would love to find a place where the last second and overtime are out there for viewing......

Please post if you do......

I want to hear that a-hole eat crow at the end of the game......

LloydsLegs

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:27:21 AM »
Lloyd does not turn it off.

Down 3 w/ .8 seconds to go (and CU's ball!), doable.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:37 AM »
I got a text from an MU buddy around 10:50 PM:

"Man I am getting sick of these road losses."

My response:
"You might want to turn on the 11:00 sportscenter my friend."

10 minutes later:
"Holy S#$%@#$"

As another friend said:
Never leave church or a basketball game early.

Mobot

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 10:43:19 AM »
With .8 left and Creighton inbounding, I opened the guide to flip to the Bucks game.  Then I saw the ball bounce out of bounds in the background and quickly closed the guide.  :o

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 11:10:11 AM »
i flipped to the Bucks game with 8 tenths and Creighton ball.......flipped back to see if there was another game on.....saw 101-98 Marquette in OT......almost had a heart attack,

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 11:10:43 AM »
I turned it off with 1 second left.....

Told my wife she could change the channel because I ddi not want to listen that F'ing Creighton announcer how this was such an important signature win for Creighton......

Would love to find a place where the last second and overtime are out there for viewing......

Please post if you do......

I want to hear that a-hole eat crow at the end of the game......
So, we are mad at Brent Stover and Bob Wenzel in what looked like a Creighton win 99.9% of the time. Got it!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 11:26:34 AM »
Lloyd does not turn it off.

Down 3 w/ .8 seconds to go (and CU's ball!), doable.

Signature update. Much appreciated (tips cap)

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »
When Creighton threw it to the other side of the court and it went out, I thought the ball would be taken out on the Creighton side.  But since it never got into play, it was now a turnover with the ball being taken out on the Marquette side.  Then I see Markus taking the ball out and I am saying, "Why is MU's best 3 pt shooter taking the ball out?"  Incredible finish of regulation.  Pretty tense waiting for the refs to ok Sam's 3 pointer.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55:55 AM »
I don't remember exactly what the announcers said, but it seemed like they thought Creighton would get another attempt to inbound the ball.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

MUMBA

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
I was listening to the game on the TuneIn app as I was getting the kids ready for bed.  With .3 left, I recall Tony Smith saying something along the lines of “they can do it, but something crazy would have to happen.”   A few minutes later “something crazy happened! This could be it!”   I keep telling my kids to brush their teeth a second and third time as I listen to the last possession.  Sam hits the shot.  “Daddy is doing his happy dance!”  My kids wanted me to read them a story about unicorns or princesses or some bullcrap like that.  Nope. We’re all wound up. We listened to the OT period. We were all clutching stuffed animals (self included.) then listened to the post game show. Late bed time for them last night.  Late for daycare and work today. No regrets.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 12:03:43 PM »
I don't remember exactly what the announcers said, but it seemed like they thought Creighton would get another attempt to inbound the ball.
That was just Brent Stover who said that. He was lost on saying that. Heck, he is a studio guy 95% of the time.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 12:06:38 PM »
With .8 left and Creighton inbounding, I opened the guide to flip to the Bucks game.  Then I saw the ball bounce out of bounds in the background and quickly closed the guide.  :o
Same

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 12:10:17 PM »
Watched the "whole" game with my 5-year old son. Turn it off with 0.8 to play and my son protests that the game isn't over. I explain to him that it most certainly is because of X, Y, and Z. Moments later, he is on my ESPN app and I see "Creighton turnover" and "85-85."

Needless to say, we quickly turned the game back on and I explained the astronomically low likelihood of what transpired transpiring - he wasn't impressed. I ate crow.

We moved on and delighted in Markus' magical encore.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »
That was just Brent Stover who said that. He was lost on saying that. Heck, he is a studio guy 95% of the time.

He shouldn't have quit his job kicking for the Ravens.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »
I bailed at 2 seconds left. Switched to the Seton Hall game before I went upstairs to say good night to my Grand daughter. Came back and logged onto Scoop to read the post mortems and went directly into the game thread and saw "finally a road win!" Then I heard the announcers on the Pirates game saying Howard went off shooting 53 points. I thought April Fools came early but no one was fooling.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 01:44:17 PM »
99 out of 100 times I would have turned to the Buck's game with.8 to go, but was texting my wife updates and did not flip to Bucks game. Have to say, it was a fun ending and more fun talking to a bunch of friends via text after the game. Most texting action post victory since the 'Nova win a couple of years ago.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 01:49:30 PM »
AT 0.8, I tossed the remote to my wife and said "turn on whatever you want." We got through about 3 minutes of "The Masked Singer" before I checked twitter.

Thank you, Sam. That show is terrible.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 04:28:37 PM »
Always stick with it to the very end.

Bricky

• Starter
  • sparkle sparkle
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 05:01:38 PM »
I was so upset at the under 17 gameplay that I took to twitter. As my phone was freaking out as I was maybe button mashing the keyboard a bit too hard so the posts weren't coming out. While tapping on the screen to get my ramblings to post, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Marquette somehow got the ball back.