[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: OT Out-of-Bounds Call  (Read 6116 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: OT Out-of-Bounds Call
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 11:07:59 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 11:09:28 PM »
There were a few obviously bad calls on both sides. The only thing I truly didn't like was the T on Wojo and the no T for McDermott or Ballock later in the game when they were getting in the refs faces and certainly looked like they were saying things not appropriate for young ears. Gotta call those if you are going to get Wojo earlier in the game.

Ballock said the magic word and absolutely should have gotten T'd up. A little gutless to not make that call because it was OT. But hell, they called Sam's shot good, so all is forgiven!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior97

• All American
  • Team Whiny Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 11:09:41 PM »
I’ll take our win in sams shot vs our loss on Markus OOB.

Yessir
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »
It was a quick replay. My suspicion was the ref only watched Markus hand throwing the ball towards out of bounds but didn’t continue the play to see Creighton tip it back?
Markus had a foot out of bounds when the ball hit him after the Creighton player bounced it on the end line.  The only thing I can think of is that they weren't sure the ball hit the baseline before it hit Markus (though it seemed pretty obvious to me) so they let the call on the floor stand.  I'll take the trade-off of Sam's shot called good vs. that bad call.  Plus we were up six at the time, so we were still in good shape.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 08:04:31 AM »
Markus had a foot out of bounds when the ball hit him after the Creighton player bounced it on the end line. 

That's all I could think when they gave Creighton the ball, but the replays (at least none that I saw) didn't seem to confirm it. And obviously Markus had gotten fouled on the possession.

I have been effusive of my praise of Markus, and deservedly so, but I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish on that play. IIRC, there were still 20 seconds left on the shot clock and we were up by 6 with less than a minute to play. Why was he dribbling like a maniac toward the baseline? Hold the ball 40 feet from the hoop and get fouled.

Obviously, he more than made up for a few mistakes. And on the podium after the game, he very eloquently credited Sam for the victory. He is quite amazing for many reasons, a true Warrior, a great representative of our great university, and I'm thankful for that!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 08:48:48 AM »
I thought Wojo took a page out of Coach K's book intentionally getting a T, he had just called a timeout before that to stop the Jays MO and things were still not going according to plan and he didn't want to burn another TO there but wanted to fire up the team a bit.

Osiris

• Starter
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 09:06:41 AM »
Not really. Reffing is hard, they all miss there share of calls, some worse than others.

Yes, reffing is hard, but it’s not that hard.  Every game you can expect bad calls.  Block/charge calls or how much contact to allow is hard to adjudged in real time.  Did he get ball?  Enough ball?  Inconsistency is bound to occur from time to time.  However outright non compliance to the rule book is NEVER acceptable and it happens multiple times every game.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:56 AM »

🏀

• All American
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:14 AM »
Deleted. What was it?

Lesser version of this.

TallTitan34

• All American