Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Next 6 Games  (Read 2648 times)

HowardsWorld

• All American
Next 6 Games
« on: January 10, 2019, 08:24:12 AM »
Seton Hall
@ G'Town
Providence
Depaul
@Xavier
@Butler

I can realistically see Marquette going 5-0 going into the Butler game. If Marquette plans to win the Big east this year they need to go at least 5-1 over this next stretch.

MU82

• All American
Re: Next 6 Games
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:27:10 AM »
If Marquette plans to win the Big east this year they need to go at least 5-1 over this next stretch.

Not really.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:27:55 AM »
Seton Hall
@ G'Town
Providence
Depaul
@Xavier
@Butler

I can realistically see Marquette going 5-0 going into the Butler game. If Marquette plans to win the Big east this year they need to go at least 5-1 over this next stretch.

Should be favored in the first 5, maybe all 6.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 08:29:42 AM »
Seton Hall
@ G'Town
Providence
Depaul
@Xavier
@Butler

If Marquette plans to win the Big East this year, they’re thinking too far ahead.

Wojo said as much with Homer postgame. The Creighton away “season” is over.

It’s Seton Hall season.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 08:31:57 AM »
Agreed 5-1 is doable.  Nova is really starting to put it together.  Booth was Markus like in their win over SJU.
Dont sleep on Georgetown, it seems people think winning in DC is gonna be easier than it actually will be.  Butler has such a good home court advantage they will be tuff as well.  So glad Martin is gone.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 08:46:20 AM »
Agreed 5-1 is doable.  Nova is really starting to put it together.  Booth was Markus like in their win over SJU.
Dont sleep on Georgetown, it seems people think winning in DC is gonna be easier than it actually will be.  Butler has such a good home court advantage they will be tuff as well.  So glad Martin is gone.

I watched a decent amount of the Georgetown game last night, and they really fell apart after a hot start. If they can put a full game together like their first 10-15 minutes last night, they could surprise a lot of teams this year. I'm not betting the farm that they'll do that a whole lot, but they may have some big upsets here and there.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 08:47:11 AM »
If Marquette plans to win the Big East this year, they’re thinking too far ahead.

It’s Seton Hall season.

I didn't mean as in Marquette looking ahead to win the big east. I meant statistically it would be a challenge if they were sitting at 5-3 instead of 6-2 or 7-1 while Nova is getting stronger each game. I can't see the winner of the Big East having more than 4 losses and if we were 6-2 or 5-3 without playing Nova for 2 games I would say it could be difficult. Anyway I'm just talking as a fan nothing more. I'll enjoy each game but I like to look ahead.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 08:49:58 AM »
3-1(or 4-0) in the next 4 is crucial.

Really think we have to win at least 3 of the next 4 if we want the highest of BE expectations.

With 3 at home and the away game being Gtown id like to think we can get 3 wins.
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 09:21:33 AM »
Biggest game of the year Saturday.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 09:31:50 AM »
I keep thinking back a couple of years when MU beat Villanova and the fans stormed the court and it was the greatest game ever and put Wojo on Mt. Rushmore.    How did MU play over the next few games?  hint:  So bad that Wojo announced during a week lull between games that every single position on the team was open and those who worked the hardest during practice would start.   Resulting in a JjJ DNP/CD.     

So, by that standard, SHU is the toughest game on the schedule.   How mentally tough is this team?   Will they be able to work through the euphoria hangover and beat a tough SHU team?   Or will they repeat the mistakes of two years ago and show up soft?    I hope that junior leaders Markus and Sam show up and don't let the team slack.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 09:36:36 AM »
I keep thinking back a couple of years when MU beat Villanova and the fans stormed the court and it was the greatest game ever and put Wojo on Mt. Rushmore.    How did MU play over the next few games?  hint:  So bad that Wojo announced during a week lull between games that every single position on the team was open and those who worked the hardest during practice would start.   Resulting in a JjJ DNP/CD.     

So, by that standard, SHU is the toughest game on the schedule.   How mentally tough is this team?   Will they be able to work through the euphoria hangover and beat a tough SHU team?   Or will they repeat the mistakes of two years ago and show up soft?    I hope that junior leaders Markus and Sam show up and don't let the team slack.

Aside from can't remembering anybody putting Wojo on Mt. Rushmore back then, I agree with all of this stuff.

I expect a good performance in front of a loud, supportive crowd on Saturday. Looking forward to the game.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
Yes, the next game is always the biggest. Hoping for 17.5.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 09:47:21 AM »
Biggest game of the year Saturday.

Next game is always the biggest of the year.  Us as fans must NEVER look ahead, or we (fans) will be in danger of the dreaded trap game.  Can't tell you how many times, I (as a fan) looked too far ahead, and the team (which I don't play on) failed to perform.

One game atta time folks...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
Next game is always the biggest of the year.  Us as fans must NEVER look ahead, or we (fans) will be in danger of the dreaded trap game.  Can't tell you how many times, I (as a fan) looked too far ahead, and the team (which I don't play on) failed to perform.

You know you personally cost us that NCAA game against South Carolina, reinko. You were looking ahead to Duke. Don't try to deny it!

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 10:03:17 AM »

It’s Seton Hall season.

Love this quote. I'll have to find that online.
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 10:22:20 AM »
I didn't mean as in Marquette looking ahead to win the big east. I meant statistically it would be a challenge if they were sitting at 5-3 instead of 6-2 or 7-1 while Nova is getting stronger each game. I can't see the winner of the Big East having more than 4 losses and if we were 6-2 or 5-3 without playing Nova for 2 games I would say it could be difficult. Anyway I'm just talking as a fan nothing more. I'll enjoy each game but I like to look ahead.

I know. Ur cool, man. MU82 and reinko kinda got me anyway, lol. It’s our “job” as fans to look ahead.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

🏀

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 10:28:49 AM »

Freints, please let me bring you to January 18th, 2015. PTM started browsing Amazon for a second TV to go behind his basement bar before Mike McCarthy put the final dagger in Pete Carrol's Seattle Seahawks. Figured the Pack was in the Super Bowl, need another TV for the party.

What happened literally seconds after ordering a 55-inch Samsung LED TV?

Fan should never, ever look past anyone or any team with seconds on the clock. We're important.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 10:47:49 AM »

Agreed on Gtown. They were missing McClung and Mourning last night in their loss at X. X was without Goodin, as well.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2019, 10:50:44 AM »
Aside from can't remembering anybody putting Wojo on Mt. Rushmore back then, I agree with all of this stuff.

I expect a good performance in front of a loud, supportive crowd on Saturday. Looking forward to the game.

Sam and Markus logged some heavy minutes last night. I know they are young, but hopefully lots of rest between now and Saturday.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2019, 10:53:42 AM »
Freints, please let me bring you to January 18th, 2015. PTM started browsing Amazon for a second TV to go behind his basement bar before Mike McCarthy put the final dagger in Pete Carrol's Seattle Seahawks. Figured the Pack was in the Super Bowl, need another TV for the party.

What happened literally seconds after ordering a 55-inch Samsung LED TV?

Fan should never, ever look past anyone or any team with seconds on the clock. We're important.

Not as bad as yours...but reminds of me of L'Ville debacle from 2011, up 18 w/ 5:30 to play...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=310150097

well, this genius watched it on a few hour delay on my DVR because I had to work...and successfully went dark to the world and avoided any spoilers...lesson learned as a fan, never watch a game on delay, because who knows, maybe watching it live would've been enough to impact the game.

My bad y'all on that one.  Hand up

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2019, 11:04:46 AM »
You know you personally cost us that NCAA game against South Carolina, reinko. You were looking ahead to Duke. Don't try to deny it!
+1