[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Creighton  (Read 10171 times)

tower912

• All American
Creighton
« on: January 07, 2019, 11:47:09 AM »
To take this out of the 'what are we ranked' thread.........    Creighton is tough at home.    Gave Gonzaga all they wanted in Omaha.   Good 3 pt shooting team (43.6% as a team), particularly at home.     9 guys averaging double digit minutes.    I get the notion that MU needs a statement road win.    And, for MU to win a Big East Championship, they need to find a way to win 4-5 road games.    But kenpom isn't wrong and I expect Vegas to favor Creighton, too.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
Re: Creighton
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 11:49:45 AM »
To take this out of the 'what are we ranked' thread.........    Creighton is tough at home.    Gave Gonzaga all they wanted in Omaha.   Good 3 pt shooting team (43.6% as a team), particularly at home.     9 guys averaging double digit minutes.    I get the notion that MU needs a statement road win.    And, for MU to win a Big East Championship, they need to find a way to win 4-5 road games.    But kenpom isn't wrong and I expect Vegas to favor Creighton, too.
FIFY.

HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:55:30 AM »
Wojo might have better luck bringing the women's team to Creighton.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 12:00:33 PM »
Creighton....elite offense...bad D......

Offense is going to have carry the load in this one for MU to have a chance

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »
Have watched Creighton a lot this year. They are the typical Creighton style team, which moves the ball around fast and can go on runs. Should be a loud environment and a great game for the fans to watch. 
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 12:25:07 PM »
Harry Froling's brother, Samson, plays for Creighton.

MUMountin

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »
We’ve had pretty good success at Creighton since they joined the BE.  Always a tough environment but I hope we can keep it up.  Would be a big win for the confidence to get an early conference win on the road against a top half team, and sets us up nicely to have another decent winning streak into the end of the month.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 12:35:20 PM »

I would not be totally surprised if the BE champ is 12-6, or even 2 or 3 teams at 11-7.  There just isn't a standout team this year and the bottom of the conference will still win some games.  Last place team could very well have 4 or 5 wins; some years last place only wins 2.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 12:40:33 PM »
Could be a first to 95 wins type game. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 01:02:06 PM »
FIFY.

Yeah, gotta agree that beating this Creighton team wouldn't be a "statement" win, at least not the way I think of what that term means.

Harry Froling's brother, Samson, plays for Creighton.

Maybe Wojo should bring some shears and secretly cut off this guy's hair.

I would not be totally surprised if the BE champ is 12-6, or even 2 or 3 teams at 11-7.  There just isn't a standout team this year and the bottom of the conference will still win some games.  Last place team could very well have 4 or 5 wins; some years last place only wins 2.

Agree. Several good teams, no great teams, no horrifically bad teams. Hoping that at the end of the season we'll be a "very good" team -- and the champion.

I hope we can keep it up.

That's what she said. (Sorry.)

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 01:10:39 PM »
Weird team. Top 5 players in terms of minutes are all 6'5" or shorter. Biggest guy in that group is Mitch Ballock who is 8/21 on 2P FGs this season. Martin Krampelj is their only good big and he has been dominate in his first two Big East games. They will play him max minutes and surround him with a bunch of short guys who can shoot. He can shoot as well so I would expect to see very little Theo and more Joey/Ed at the 5.

Personally, I think they are a tad overrated by the metrics. They have been munching on really good buy games, beating 5 teams ranked between 72 and 120 on KenPom and avoiding any sub-300 opponents. And the team ranked #72 was missing its leading scorer (AJ Reeves of Providence) when they played. They are 1-5 against teams ranked 71 or higher in KenPom with the one win being against #36 Clemson on a neutral court. Granted, 3/5 of the losses were true road games and the two home losses were both to top 25 teams (including #3 Gonzaga).

Keys to this game:

1. Run them off the three point line. 3 of their top 5 players have more 3PMs than 2PMs. They are not bad scoring inside the arc but I don't think they can win without it.

2. Kill them on the offensive glass. We will have size at every position not manned by Markus Howard. Getting Krampelj in foul trouble could help with this.

3. Big games from the Hausers (or Cain/Bailey) would really help. At any given moment one of the Hausers (or Cain/Bailey) are going to have 3-5 inches on the guy defending them. That makes shooting so much easier. Creighton is not a good defensive team. If Howard can find the open Hauser then our offense should be clicking.

Creighton is a lot like us from the last two seasons. When their offense is on all cylinders, it can beat anyone. Given that Wojo has absolutely owned Creighton since starting here, I'm feeling confident heading into the game.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »
I also think there is one big X factor that is not being discussed. Marquette has been blown out on the road. I felt that both games the team did not seem dialed in. Wojo let them have it after the St. Johns game. I would assume that Marquette will be ready to play on Wednesday and wil want to prove they can win on the road.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 01:59:43 PM »
I think the only way Creighton pulls this one out is if Howard goes broke. While we kind of played Gonzaga close we still got outscored by 18 in the 2nd half. Defense isn't good so it will be very difficult to keep up with a good scoring team.

KampusFoods

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »
I think the only way Creighton pulls this one out is if Howard goes broke. While we kind of played Gonzaga close we still got outscored by 18 in the 2nd half. Defense isn't good so it will be very difficult to keep up with a good scoring team.

Twins. Just like when we played Kansas.

denverMU

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 02:11:13 PM »
I also think there is one big X factor that is not being discussed. Marquette has been blown out on the road. I felt that both games the team did not seem dialed in. Wojo let them have it after the St. Johns game. I would assume that Marquette will be ready to play on Wednesday and wil want to prove they can win on the road.

It seems to me that they try not to get too amped up on the road and as a result they come out flat.  We need much more energy to start road games.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
I'm not saying MU can't or won't win this game, but I do feel like we're being a tad too optimistic. We're likely to be 3-4 point underdogs. We haven't shown any ability to play well on the road yet. I'd expect a better performance than SJU simply because it is a better matchup for us, but I don't think we win this one.

Should be a good game.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2019, 02:58:59 PM »
This just in:

https://twitter.com/mjdemarinis/status/1082376092948881409

@mjdemarinis
Follow Follow @mjdemarinis
More
#Jays sophomore big man Jacob Epperson will have surgery soon on his injured right knee and will miss the remainder of the 2018-19 season.

Recovery timetable is 5-6 months. Creighton will apply for a medical redshirt.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 03:02:11 PM »
He had appeared in 9 of their 15 games averaging 9 minutes a game.  10th on their team in minutes.   The equivalent of MU losing Heldt.

Still, too bad for the kid.  Best of luck on his recovery.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19:47 PM »
I was wondering how he regressed so much. Looked really good at the end of last season. Hope he recovers well
TAMU

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2019, 03:42:31 PM »
I was wondering how he regressed so much. Looked really good at the end of last season. Hope he recovers well

Magic Epperson.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 04:00:31 PM »
Magic Epperson.
He did look like Alley Oop Magic against MU in spurts last year.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 04:29:50 PM »
A tough year for Epperson as he also had a back injury during the summmer.  Really liked him in his short  season last year after burning his redshirt.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 05:20:49 PM »
Weird team. Top 5 players in terms of minutes are all 6'5" or shorter. Biggest guy in that group is Mitch Ballock who is 8/21 on 2P FGs this season. Martin Krampelj is their only good big and he has been dominate in his first two Big East games. They will play him max minutes and surround him with a bunch of short guys who can shoot. He can shoot as well so I would expect to see very little Theo and more Joey/Ed at the 5.

Personally, I think they are a tad overrated by the metrics. They have been munching on really good buy games, beating 5 teams ranked between 72 and 120 on KenPom and avoiding any sub-300 opponents. And the team ranked #72 was missing its leading scorer (AJ Reeves of Providence) when they played. They are 1-5 against teams ranked 71 or higher in KenPom with the one win being against #36 Clemson on a neutral court. Granted, 3/5 of the losses were true road games and the two home losses were both to top 25 teams (including #3 Gonzaga).

Keys to this game:

1. Run them off the three point line. 3 of their top 5 players have more 3PMs than 2PMs. They are not bad scoring inside the arc but I don't think they can win without it.

2. Kill them on the offensive glass. We will have size at every position not manned by Markus Howard. Getting Krampelj in foul trouble could help with this.

3. Big games from the Hausers (or Cain/Bailey) would really help. At any given moment one of the Hausers (or Cain/Bailey) are going to have 3-5 inches on the guy defending them. That makes shooting so much easier. Creighton is not a good defensive team. If Howard can find the open Hauser then our offense should be clicking.

Creighton is a lot like us from the last two seasons. When their offense is on all cylinders, it can beat anyone. Given that Wojo has absolutely owned Creighton since starting here, I'm feeling confident heading into the game.
I think ETSU buy game has worked out really well for them.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »
Will be a tough game to win

But if we struggle offensively in this game like IU and SJU...the road woes will be real concerning.

We should at least be able to score a lot
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 06:30:11 PM »
What? There isn't a standout BEast team this year? But wait...I thought all the soothsayers said we were the standout team. Hmmmm....or was it DePaul?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »

Don't know if we were "dialed in" or not for the the St. John's game but we had the lead with 6:35 to go in the first half and it was still a 4-point game 5 minutes later until Ponds hit 2 shots from Manhattan.

But maybe we really "dialed out" in the second half. Wojo sure wasn't pleased, whatever it was.

We're gonna kick some bird feathers Wednesday.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2019, 08:14:21 PM »
What? There isn't a standout BEast team this year? But wait...I thought all the soothsayers said we were the standout team. Hmmmm....or was it DePaul?

Have a Mazzos burger Willie. And a shake.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2019, 10:47:26 AM »
Interesting stat I noticed on Creighton.

3P% 44.8% (4th in the nation)
FT% 64.0% (316th in the nation)

Freshman year Jamal would have felt right at home on Creighton's roster.
TAMU

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »

Yep. Elite offense that is a poor FT shooting team.

#FTsNoMatta
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 12:44:48 PM »
Was stressing out about how to watch the game tomorrow, since I'm traveling for work and CBS sports is a little dicier on streaming options.  Then it occurred to me that I am traveling to OMAHA.  And staying at a hotel that is 5 minutes from the CHI Health Center.  Now I just have to weasel my way out of a 7 PM dinner and I can go see the boys in person.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2019, 12:50:12 PM »
Was stressing out about how to watch the game tomorrow, since I'm traveling for work and CBS sports is a little dicier on streaming options.  Then it occurred to me that I am traveling to OMAHA.  And staying at a hotel that is 5 minutes from the CHI Health Center.  Now I just have to weasel my way out of a 7 PM dinner and I can go see the boys in person.
You probably picked up the flu on the flight.  Wouldn't be fair to go to dinner and subject your colleagues/clients to that.

Solved.

Now, make sure you stay off the jumbotron.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2019, 12:57:08 PM »

Maybe they should step back a few feet before shooting their FTs.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2019, 01:12:03 PM »
Maybe they should step back a few feet before shooting their FTs.

I have legit wondered why some players don't try that.

Like Ethan Happ. If he really wanted his team to win, he'd take a few crossover dribbles and try a top-of-the-key pull up jumper, instead of standing there flat footed and making 3 of 10.

I guess some players are less concerned about winning and more concerned about not looking like an ass.

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2019, 01:40:50 PM »
There has been a lot of discussion on beckyville about why doesn't Happ attempt underhanded FTs?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2019, 01:42:53 PM »

Like Ethan Happ. If he really wanted his team to win, he'd take a few crossover dribbles and try a top-of-the-key pull up jumper, instead of standing there flat footed and making 3 of 10.

I guess some players are less concerned about winning and more concerned about not looking like an ass.

A long while back I think there was a NBA player that used his Jump shot for FT.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2019, 01:48:26 PM »
A long while back I think there was a NBA player that used his Jump shot for FT.
IIRC, Dave Meyers of the Bucks tried it for a while.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2019, 01:50:29 PM »

Ryan Evans from the Badgers was one that resorted to shooting a jump shot for free throws.

But how good was that jump shot that he rode all the way to 8% shooting from three?

Ended his senior season shooting 42% from the line.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »
IIRC, Dave Meyers of the Bucks tried it for a while.

My memory foggy but I'm guessing Walt Greer(PG) I think.  He played with Wilt the stilt.  Now I'll have to Google.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »
My memory foggy but I'm guessing Walt Greer(PG) I think.  He played with Wilt the stilt.  Now I'll have to Google.

Hal Greer, Hall of Famer.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2019, 02:10:36 PM »
I like the matchup. MU struggles on the road against long/athletic competition, not soft short shooting teams. The 3 ball is the great equalizer of course, so if Creighton is hitting and we aren't it's game over. But we have the length, strength, depth, and defensive advantage. I think we'll take it hard to them early, weather a shooting storm, and pull it out down the stretch for the first big road win of the season.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2019, 02:14:30 PM »
One stat I saw this morning that's interesting....Creighton is 0-5 against Quadrant 1 teams. MU is a Quadrant 1 team. Discuss
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2019, 02:19:44 PM »
There has been a lot of discussion on beckyville about why doesn't Happ attempt underhanded FTs?

Don't knock the underhanded FT. When Rick Barry retired he held the all time record for career FT%. Still in the top 5 all time.
TAMU

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2019, 02:34:10 PM »
One stat I saw this morning that's interesting....Creighton is 0-5 against Quadrant 1 teams. MU is a Quadrant 1 team. Discuss

Bottom line here, they are very good at home, almost beat Gonzaga  as they were crazy good on shooting the 3.  If they do that again, MU will go down just
like they did against St. Johns.  Epperson is out for the year so they are not real big, again MU can go inside  but can they score the ball is another question.  They
have some quickness which MU does not have from the Hausers and Theo.  So it will be interesting.  They do not play D like X or St. Johns.  Beatable, but if you let
them shoot the 3, it might be a long night.  Morrow and Sam have to show up.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2019, 02:39:46 PM »
Don't knock the underhanded FT. When Rick Barry retired he held the all time record for career FT%. Still in the top 5 all time.

My son (7th grade B team) saw the Rick Barry piece on that ESPN Basketball mini-series and wanted to start shooting 'em granny style.

I told him absolutely. As soon as he could make 50% in practice regularly.
Not there yet, but to his credit, he still stays after practice to work on it.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »
My son (7th grade B team) saw the Rick Barry piece on that ESPN Basketball mini-series and wanted to start shooting 'em granny style.

I told him absolutely. As soon as he could make 50% in practice regularly.
Not there yet, but to his credit, he still stays after practice to work on it.

From a physics perspective the granny FT is far superior to the overhand shot. Just a question of practice and temperament.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 04:15:23 PM »
It's hard to tell (watching on TV) but it sure looks like a lot of players have the tip of the shoe on the line. Lane violations are so rarely called.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 01:44:52 PM »
I have another fun stat for Creighton. Because fun stats are fun.

In their seven games against high major opponents, Creighton has allowed 9 different players to score season highs on them. In fact, the only game against a high major where they didn't allow an opponent to score a season high was their game against Providence. Every other team had at least player score a season high.

Butler: Kamar Baldwin 28 points (averages 16.5)
Oklahoma: Brady Mankek 18 points (averages 11.5) & Rashard Odomes 13 points (averages 5.4)
Nebraska: Thomas Allen 18 points (averages 8.7) & James Palmer Jr 30 points (averages 20.1)
Gonzaga: Brandon Clarke 27 points (averages 17.0) & Zach Norvell 28 points (averages 16.2)
Clemson: Marcquise Reed 27 points (averages 19.6)
Ohio State: Keyshawn Woods 19 points (averages 7.9)

For comparison's sake, in 8 games against high majors (and Buffalo), Marquette has allowed 5 different players to have season highs
Indiana: Rob Phinisee 12 points (averages 7.2) & Evan Fitzner 16 points (averages 4.5)
Kansas: Marcus Garrett 11 points (averages 5.8)
Wisconsin: Ethan Happ 34 points (averages 19.3)
Buffalo: Dontay Caruthers 20 points (averages 7.8)

So other than Ethan Happ, Marquette has allowed a couple of role players to have their biggest scoring games, whereas Creighton often lets superstars go off for season highs.

Let's hope the trend continues tonight....and that Markus is the one to do it. Beating a season high of 45 would be hard to overcome.
TAMU

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »

In their seven games against high major opponents, Creighton has allowed 9 different players to score season highs on them. In fact, the only game against a high major where they didn't allow an opponent to score a season high was their game against Providence. Every other team had at least player score a season high.

Oklahoma: Brady Mankek 18 points (averages 11.5) & Rashard Odomes 13 points (averages 5.4)
Nebraska: Thomas Allen 18 points (averages 8.7) & James Palmer Jr 30 points (averages 20.1)
Gonzaga: Brandon Clarke 27 points (averages 17.0) & Zach Norvell 28 points (averages 16.2)

For comparison's sake, in 8 games against high majors (and Buffalo), Marquette has allowed 5 different players to have season highs
Indiana: Rob Phinisee 12 points (averages 7.2) & Evan Fitzner 16 points (averages 4.5)

So other than Ethan Happ, Marquette has allowed a couple of role players to have their biggest scoring games, whereas Creighton often lets superstars go off for season highs.

Let's hope the trend continues tonight....and that Markus is the one to do it. Beating a season high of 45 would be hard to overcome.

Next level research project: how many career highs have they allowed? Markus could be in line for 55+!

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2019, 01:54:09 PM »
Mid-single digits from Cam would be a good sign.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »

It is EXACTLY this and nothing more.

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/30/malcolm-gladwell-wilt-chamberlain-rick-barry-nba-free-throw-granny-shot

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »
Mid-single digits from Cam Buddy would be a good sign.

FIFY
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 05:14:18 PM »

Now that definitely sounds like us the last few years!!
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 09:40:35 PM »
Next level research project: how many career highs have they allowed? Markus could be in line for 55+!

Well, any luck with that research project  ;)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 08:01:41 AM »

This post looks pretty genius in retrospect.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 01:23:55 PM »

Make that 10 now.  8-)

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 01:35:33 PM »
Did they end up counting Joeys three as a three? Or did it stick as a two?
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »
Did they end up counting Joeys three as a three? Or did it stick as a two?

They changed it to 3 at the under 4 timeout

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 02:06:55 PM »
This post looks pretty genius in retrospect.

TAMU

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2019, 02:08:49 PM »

In their seveneight games against high major opponents, Creighton has allowed 910 different players to score season highs on them. In fact, the only game against a high major where they didn't allow an opponent to score a season high was their game against Providence. Every other team had at least player score a season high.

Marquette: Markus Howard 53 point (averages 25.8)

Very happy to say, updated!
TAMU

Hubert Davis

• Starter
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2019, 02:15:34 PM »
Incredible win! Wow.

Can someone confirm- how many wins in a row is that against Creighton? I can think of 7...I believe we have swept them the past 3 seasons and now the win last night makes it 7... right?

Go Marquette!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 02:19:28 PM »
Incredible win! Wow.

Can someone confirm- how many wins in a row is that against Creighton? I can think of 7...I believe we have swept them the past 3 seasons and now the win last night makes it 7... right?

Go Marquette!

We have now won 6 in a row. Last night, sweeps in the past two seasons, and we beat them at their place Henry's year. We lost at home Henry's year.
TAMU

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2019, 07:25:49 PM »
Very happy to say, updated!

Oooh, the Creighton message boards would enjoy this!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

1SE

• All American
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 03:03:16 AM »
Amazing game. Hopefully we all remember how we stole this one when we lose one we aren't supposed to.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »
Amazing game. Hopefully we all remember how we stole this one when we lose one we aren't supposed to.
I will remember it, but I'll still be furious.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

feedback