[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Favorite encounters with athletes  (Read 6382 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Re: Favorite encounters with athletes
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2019, 11:15:05 AM »

The Kris Scorecard:

Points for being a genuine Patriot, Kiowa Driver, getting tabbed, marrying a hot babe, hanging with Willie, Waylon, and Johnny.

Demerits for hanging with Barbra Streisand.

Your scorecard is incomplete. He also hung out with you....

leading me to an entirely different conclusion. Kris lacks all social filters and is open enough to hang with any fellow human....even you.
lol
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »
Hmmmmm......

The Greek culture wasn't very big at Marquette during my time there. I heard that has changed.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
The Greek culture wasn't very big at Marquette during my time there. I heard that has changed.

It has not.  My daughter says very few join.  600 students in total according to Office of Student Life, that is less than 10%

https://www.marquette.edu/student-development/greek/documents/guide-to-greek-life.pdf
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2019, 06:09:31 PM »
It has not.  My daughter says very few join.  600 students in total according to Office of Student Life, that is less than 10%

https://www.marquette.edu/student-development/greek/documents/guide-to-greek-life.pdf

But that is three to four times what it was when I was a student in the early '80's.  And at least on the sorority side, there are way more girls rushing than there are spots for them.  And several new Greek Houses have been built around campus in the past few years.  Cedar Square, the big landlord in the Marquette area, built them in exchange for long-term leases with the fraternities and sororities.

But yeah,  it's not like it's Greek like an SEC school or anything.
Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2019, 07:02:15 PM »
But that is three to four times what it was when I was a student in the early '80's.  And at least on the sorority side, there are way more girls rushing than there are spots for them.  And several new Greek Houses have been built around campus in the past few years.  Cedar Square, the big landlord in the Marquette area, built them in exchange for long-term leases with the fraternities and sororities.

But yeah,  it's not like it's Greek like an SEC school or anything.

In the late 80s, the only people that joined frats or sororities were those who had trouble making friends the normal way.  They did throw good parties during rush week though. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback