[Today at 04:49:35 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Shooter McGavin
[June 14, 2024, 11:05:04 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by mug644
[June 14, 2024, 11:02:51 PM]

2024-25 Roster by El Guerrero 2
[June 14, 2024, 10:37:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Conference championships are won on the road.  (Read 14750 times)

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
Re: Conference championships are won on the road.
« Reply #125 on: January 02, 2019, 08:10:47 PM »
Losses should bother you...and every one. That's my whole point. Just because you may have "expected" it, doesn't mean you should like it, or be "ok" with it. You should want them to win every game. I can't say i EVER EXPECT them to lose going into a game. I definitely realize it's a possibility, but can honestly say I don't EXPECT it. To be honest this was one I really thought they SHOULD win. SJU hadn't impressed me to this point against poor competition. I also understand it's hard to win on the road in CBB...yet, to hear some people talk about it, it's virtually impossible...well it's not, teams win on the road all the time.

I just can't ever EXPECT them to lose any game(while fully understanding it's possible), because to me personally, expecting a loss is a loser's mentality. I'm just not wired that way.

Not freaking out over a loss doesn't mean the loss was expected. It doesn't mean the loss wasn't disappointing or frustrating.  It doesn't mean someone doesn't want them to win every game.

But if you seriously expect a win every game you're living in a fantasy world. It's delusional. And only showing up to complain after losses and not celebrating wins because they're "expected" doesn't sound particularly enjoyable. It's like you think your type of fandom is some kind of badge of honor. It's not.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #126 on: January 02, 2019, 09:45:25 PM »
Losses should bother you...and every one. That's my whole point. Just because you may have "expected" it, doesn't mean you should like it, or be "ok" with it. You should want them to win every game. I can't say i EVER EXPECT them to lose going into a game. I definitely realize it's a possibility, but can honestly say I don't EXPECT it. To be honest this was one I really thought they SHOULD win. SJU hadn't impressed me to this point against poor competition. I also understand it's hard to win on the road in CBB...yet, to hear some people talk about it, it's virtually impossible...well it's not, teams win on the road all the time.

I just can't ever EXPECT them to lose any game(while fully understanding it's possible), because to me personally, expecting a loss is a loser's mentality. I'm just not wired that way.

It is a marathon, not a sprint.  The Patriots lose, the Golden State Warriors lose.  Learn from them, improve, get better.  I'm fine with a few losses in December and January if they lead to lessons learned.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TheyWereCones

• Starter
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2019, 10:18:33 PM »
If you think Cain was contesting those two shots to the same degree that Buffalo's guards were contesting most of Markus' 3s, you need to go back and watch the Buffalo game.

I'm sticking with Cain was surprised by the first one but shouldn't have been by the second one.

Exactly.  I think Floorslapper & I are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one, where I believe more could have been done to prevent at least that second 3.

Regarding my comment that it's part on Wojo too, if Cain really did mess up and didn't follow the scouting report, then after the first 3 he should have been all over him as MU went back on offense, and when they were back on D again he should have been shouting for Cain to get up in him.  I didn't go back and watch the replay so if Wojo did those things then it is 100% on Cain and I'll change my opinion.
Those could have been guests at her wedding.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2019, 07:24:27 PM »
Whatever...why are you and so many others always so "no big deal" after losses?? You might lead the parade in that area to be honest. It honestly makes me sick to see so many "so called fans" here after every single loss, just blowing it off like it's no big deal and "on to the next one". Where is the passion?? I guess most just aren't all that competitive, which is fine, I'm just not that way.
Another muguru Scoop Takes collaboration! Well done!
Goal is National Championship