collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Firing a college basketball coach mid season  (Read 3387 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Firing a college basketball coach mid season
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 12:49:42 PM »
Thanks Gary Parrish.

I just don't think the job is as desirable as UCLA thinks it is. Jamie Dixon said he's not interested on the record today. Sometimes I agree with Parrish, sometimes I don't. I'm not convinced the show-cause is coming because it would likely mean similar punishments for a number of other guys as more of this comes out. Besides, when has the NCAA taken more than the head in the sand approach to punishing their brand name coaches?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 01:11:42 PM »
I just don't think the job is as desirable as UCLA thinks it is. Jamie Dixon said he's not interested on the record today. Sometimes I agree with Parrish, sometimes I don't. I'm not convinced the show-cause is coming because it would likely mean similar punishments for a number of other guys as more of this comes out. Besides, when has the NCAA taken more than the head in the sand approach to punishing their brand name coaches?

Jim Tressel and Chip Kelly received them in football.  I'm fairly certain that Pitino will get one too.  I mean, why wouldn't they?  He's gone and coaching in Greece now.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 01:39:23 PM »
If the NCAA does give Pitino a show cause it likely wouldn't happen for several years yet. I suspect as long as he's in Greece it's a case of "out of sight out of mind" and no investigation happens.

feedback