[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

NC State by MUMountin
[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference Results/ NCAA/NIT/CBI  (Read 211373 times)

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2019, 01:36:49 PM »
Georgetown won in overtime. Cooley and his buddy McDermott can get together and cry in their beer now.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2019, 05:11:50 PM »
Ponds out tonight for The Johnnies against DePaul. Back Injury.
https://twitter.com/BrandonTierney/status/1084210135990456321
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2019, 05:13:01 PM »
Ponds out tonight for The Johnnies against DePaul. Back Injury.
https://twitter.com/BrandonTierney/status/1084210135990456321

Cue “carrying the entire St. John’s team on his back” jokes.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2019, 06:04:29 PM »
DePaul up 1 at half . 31-30.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2019, 06:25:07 PM »
DePaul up 48-41 @St. John's.
12:12 left on CBSSN.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »
DePaul up 7 . 48-41 . 12:21 left in second.
                       ---Al McGuire

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2019, 06:30:50 PM »
Would ponds be sitting if it was against a better team?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2019, 06:35:11 PM »

DePaul isn’t really DePaul bad this year. Don’t get me wrong, still bottom half of the BEast, but they may be able to avoid the play in game for the tourney if things go right.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2019, 06:38:45 PM »

Yeah I'd assume so. No reason to make an "easy" conference game into a hard one.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2019, 07:04:02 PM »
Final

DePaul 79 - #24 St. Johns 71

When was the last time DePaul beat a ranked team on the road?
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2019, 07:04:48 PM »
DePaul doesn't crap their pants versus Northwestern & Boston College, they would be 12-3.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2019, 07:06:09 PM »
DePaul is a solid team. They are learning how to win. Very dangerous can't let guard down against them.
                       ---Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2019, 07:08:30 PM »
Ponds or not, DePaul has NO business winning at SJU..I know everyone thinks that team is the greatest team since sliced bread...but they are a .500 team in the BE currently..MU getting blasted there was NOT by any stretch a good look.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
SJU without Ponds is like MU without Markus.  I would expect Depaul beat MU if Markus didn't play.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2019, 07:26:22 PM »
DePaul isn’t really DePaul bad this year. Don’t get me wrong, still bottom half of the BEast, but they may be able to avoid the play in game for the tourney if things go right.

Yeah, no doubt. MU will have their hands full in both games against them. Just seemed odd when they said he has been dealing with a back injury the past few games.

St. John’s escaped against Georgetown last week or so. Could easily be 1-4 in conference play. Not sure where they end up in the standings. Could be near the bottom. 😳

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2019, 07:55:09 PM »
Ponds or not, DePaul has NO business winning at SJU..I know everyone thinks that team is the greatest team since sliced bread...but they are a .500 team in the BE currently..MU getting blasted there was NOT by any stretch a good look.

1. This isn't a usual DePaul team
2. Shamorie Ponds is one of the top two players in the conference and top 25ish in the country. Any team would struggle without him
3. Since playing us, SJU had their sixth man Mikey Dixon transfer
4. With Dixon and Ponds out, they really only have 4 Big East level players on the roster. Playing guys like Trimble, Williams Jr, and Keita for big minutes is not a recipe for success
5. Sometimes good teams play bad. Sometimes bad teams play good. Sometimes both things happen on the same night.

Getting blown out by anyone is not a good look. But trying to make it more than one bad game on an otherwise strong resume is not a good look either.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2019, 08:13:25 PM »

Pitt beat Louisville a few days ago.  Today Louisville beat North Carolina by 20 in Chapel Hill. 

Sometimes teams do crazy things.  SJU hasn’t played without Ponds, they looked lost.  Not surprising.  DePaul has given teams fits, including Villanova.  Why is this hard to comprehend?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »

DePaul isn't bad. They were 85+% to win in the second half against Northwestern, BC, and X. Finish those games and they're a tourney team. This is the best DePaul team in more than a decade.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »
DePaul isn't bad. They were 85+% to win in the second half against Northwestern, BC, and X. Finish those games and they're a tourney team. This is the best DePaul team in more than a decade.

That isn't saying much, they are still DePaul
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2019, 08:39:24 PM »

They are still Depaul as in the DePaul that always seems to play us close or beat us when they have no business even being in the game? Then yes I agree they are still DePaul. The same Depaul that ended our season last year.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #220 on: January 12, 2019, 08:45:28 PM »

Wow.  Yeah, actually it says a lot.  Teams can get better, each year is totally different than the previous year.

Again, this is not hard.  Kansas State for decades was a horrific football program, then they got good and routinely went to bowl games.  It can happen.  Come on.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #221 on: January 12, 2019, 08:46:43 PM »
They are still Depaul as in the DePaul that always seems to play us close or beat us when they have no business even being in the game? Then yes I agree they are still DePaul. The same Depaul that ended our season last year.

Penn State ended our season last year,  but yes DePaul has played us tough over the years.  They beat a Buzz team, beat Wojo and Crean teams, etc. 

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #222 on: January 12, 2019, 08:59:41 PM »
Penn State ended our season last year,  but yes DePaul has played us tough over the years.  They beat a Buzz team, beat Wojo and Crean teams, etc.

We’re their Super Bowl.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #223 on: January 12, 2019, 09:01:18 PM »

I meant the loss to Depaul all but sealed out fate that we were not going to the tournament.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #224 on: January 12, 2019, 10:42:45 PM »
I meant the loss to Depaul all but sealed out fate that we were not going to the tournament.
I agree with this analysis.
                       ---Al McGuire