Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Big East Conference Results/ NCAA/NIT/CBI  (Read 211349 times)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Big East Conference Results
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2018, 09:34:24 PM »
SHU has the ball trailing by 1 with 3.9 seconds to play. Will inbound under the offensive hoop, so legit chance to win it.

SJU offense:  Five guys around the three point line.  Shoot a three or someone goes one on one.  That’s it.

+100

Good ball movement to create threes, but if you cover the arc, eventually they get frustrated and just put their head down and bull to the rim.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

geps

• Team Captain
  • Double down
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2018, 09:40:45 PM »
Are you freaking kidding me???

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2018, 09:41:29 PM »
Seton Hall just stole one from St. John's. Good defensive play by SJU should've given them possession with 3 seconds to play but the refs blew what was effectively an inadvertent whistle that gave possession back to SHU. The Pirates then hit a three at the buzzer to win 76-74.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
Seton Hall just stole one from St. John's. Good defensive play by SJU should've given them possession with 3 seconds to play but the refs blew what was effectively an inadvertent whistle that gave possession back to SHU. The Pirates then hit a three at the buzzer to win 76-74.

The refs stole that from St. John’s. What in the world was that ref even trying to call?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2018, 09:44:54 PM »
St John’s got screwed but it was a fun game to watch. Let’s give em their second loss Tuesday!

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2018, 09:46:00 PM »
What channel is it on? I see FSN but also see GB/Milwaukee
That's why you need to look at my tv listings.  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »
well goodbye to St Johns votes. Hello 5 Seton hall votes. jeez no one else besides us is gonna get ranked.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2018, 09:47:26 PM »
I couldn't watch the game because it wasn't on Fox Sports Go. I guess I'll see some highlights eventually.

I wanted St. John's to be undefeated when we play them, but oh well. I'd like to see Seton Hall get a little love in the polls -- wins over Kentucky, at Maryland and over an unbeaten St. John's team, and a nice response after a 2-2 start to the season. But maybe they're not quite there yet.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2018, 09:48:28 PM »
Crazy ending. Enjoyable game.  The Hall has been good at the end of games this year.  Johnnie's are going to be loaded for bear against MU.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2018, 09:54:16 PM »
St. Johns athleticism and quickness concerns me and we better protect the ball. They are going to gunning for bear on Tuesday after being robbed tonight. I just hope it's not an IU repeat and Wojo has the guys prepared.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2018, 09:58:11 PM »
well goodbye to St Johns votes. Hello 5 Seton hall votes. jeez no one else besides us is gonna get ranked.
Johnny I would not be surprised if the Johnnies go up in the some voters esteem.  They played well against a quality team.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »
Creighton traveling to face Cooley & Company Monday  Should be a good game at the Donut Hole.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:37:49 AM by Herman Cain »
                       ---Al McGuire

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2018, 10:19:34 AM »
Creighton traveling to face Cooley & Company today.  Should be a good game at the Donut Hole.

That game is tomorrow

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »
That game is tomorrow
Thanks correction is noted.
                       ---Al McGuire

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2018, 11:04:44 AM »
St johns game absolutely incredible and i cannot imagine how enraged i woukd be if that happened to MU and this board would be in entire meltdown mode.  Might blow the server. 
Now SJU missed two front ends of one and ones in the last 45 seconds but...
Even after they reviewed the play 500 times how did seton hall get the ball back?
Figueroa deflected the inbounds pass and then passed it to anither st johns player, even with the obvious inadvertant whistle st johns had the ball.  He blew the whistle n st johns had the ball how in the world does seton hall get the ball back?  That entire crew needs to be suspended for the entire season.  U dont go watch video for ten minutes and make a call for something that did not exist on the tape.  The only thing the tape showed was seton hall turned the ball over.  As bad a referee blunder as i probably have ever seen.  There was no alternative ending yet they came up with one.  So so bad.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »
I don't agree with the ref's call but the call was that since the clock failed to start they had to in effect "do it again".  They do this during the game if there is a clock problem usually on an inbound.  The team inbounds the ball again and off you go.  However in this case it created a complete injustice.  The problem is STJ didn't have possession when the whistle blew, nobody did.  The STJ player in bounds would have gotten possession a second later but you can't assume stuff like that after the whistle.  I'm not sure how they should have resolved it.  I guess the most fair disposition would have been an old fashion jump ball with 2 players jumping it up.
I'm not sure whether its better for MU that STJ lost or had they won.  I've got to believe STJ is more likely completing for us with the top 3 rather than SH.  In that case its better to deny STJ a road win.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2018, 12:23:15 PM »
Life on the road in the BEast is tough. 

Is it? Home win percentage last season was 56.7%. The year prior...58.9%... and den...54.4%

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2018, 04:39:27 PM »
St johns game absolutely incredible and i cannot imagine how enraged i woukd be if that happened to MU and this board would be in entire meltdown mode.  Might blow the server. 
Now SJU missed two front ends of one and ones in the last 45 seconds but...
Even after they reviewed the play 500 times how did seton hall get the ball back?
Figueroa deflected the inbounds pass and then passed it to anither st johns player, even with the obvious inadvertant whistle st johns had the ball.  He blew the whistle n st johns had the ball how in the world does seton hall get the ball back?  That entire crew needs to be suspended for the entire season.  U dont go watch video for ten minutes and make a call for something that did not exist on the tape.  The only thing the tape showed was seton hall turned the ball over.  As bad a referee blunder as i probably have ever seen.  There was no alternative ending yet they came up with one.  So so bad.
Nonetheless the last play was incredible. Mamu made a heads up and unselfish move to kick it out , and then the kid who started out as a walk on makes the game winner.
                       ---Al McGuire

YoungMUFan4

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »
I just hope the refs don't go out of their way make up for it on Tuesday

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2018, 04:05:41 PM »
Creighton up 3 at halftime in the Donut Hole vs Cooley & Company.
                       ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
Creighton' offense is impressive.......making contested 3 after contested 3.

They have the number 1 effective fg percentage offense in the country......13 TH best  overall.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »
Creighton up 8 with 3:58 left. A very good game.
                       ---Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2018, 05:02:33 PM »
Creighton big 11 point win on the road over Cooley & Company . The Blue Jays have some decent young players .
                       ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2018, 05:41:27 PM »
Impressive shooting from Creighton, but what I couldn't help notice the most during the many minutes I watched the game was that Creighton constantly outhustled Providence -- which is pretty shameful for any team to let happen on its home floor in its conference opener.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 06:42:22 PM »
Big East admits official made mistake in St. John's - Seton Hall game, but once error in judgment was made on initial call the officials properly handled subsequent sequence of events.

http://www.bigeast.com/news/2018/12/31/mens-basketball-big-east-statement-regarding-officiating-of-st-johns-seton-hall-game.aspx
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire