[Today at 11:25:44 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[Today at 11:16:57 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 11:15:58 AM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[Today at 10:50:38 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: If you’re going to the Badger game Sat. PLEASE NOTE:  (Read 13027 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: If you’re going to the Badger game Sat. PLEASE NOTE:
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:04 AM »
I don't know how you manage to pull this off. This would be my biggest complaint with FF thus far, and I have HEARD it hasn't gone unnoticed by others and that is has actually been talked about on radio/tv personalities, and that is the lack of viable,(close by) on the street parking. Last week, I got incredibly lucky, but that's not going to happen most of the time. This never seemed to be an issue with the BC, could almost always find street parking fairly close..not with FF, IF I do happen to find a spot on the street, it's usually pretty far away..like a 10+ minute walk afterwards.

Sure, I can park in the same spots I used to for the BC, but that's a bit further than I'd like. I want something that is close by that takes me 5 minutes at most to get to the car after and get the heck out of there. Street parking around FF is NOT optimal by any stretch.

How close to you expect to park?  Glow and I part on the street about 3 blocks away, and have never had trouble finding a spot.
Have some patience, FFS.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »
Also, any standing room available with a view of the court?

I don't know about actual tickets, but in the new arena, ALL the standing room has a view of the court. Even a lot of the booze stands have a view of the court.

Maybe next year some of you cheapskates should get a job as a beertender there so you can watch the game and get paid for it.
Have some patience, FFS.

LAMUfan

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
Random suggestion for some of the less phone inclined, more experienced mu fans, you can save your ticket in the wallet app on your iphone so you don't have to pull it up online when getting in   

MU_CHI

• Walk-On
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 01:21:00 PM »
I don't know how you manage to pull this off. This would be my biggest complaint with FF thus far, and I have HEARD it hasn't gone unnoticed by others and that is has actually been talked about on radio/tv personalities, and that is the lack of viable,(close by) on the street parking. Last week, I got incredibly lucky, but that's not going to happen most of the time. This never seemed to be an issue with the BC, could almost always find street parking fairly close..not with FF, IF I do happen to find a spot on the street, it's usually pretty far away..like a 10+ minute walk afterwards.

Sure, I can park in the same spots I used to for the BC, but that's a bit further than I'd like. I want something that is close by that takes me 5 minutes at most to get to the car after and get the heck out of there. Street parking around FF is NOT optimal by any stretch.

Seems like you were pretty spoiled and have pretty high expectations for downtown street parking in a decent sized city, while also expecting a less than a 5 minute walk to a professional sports stadium, during a marquee sporting event. I don't think that is a reasonable expectation anywhere in the US, so I'm very surprised people are wasting air time talking about it.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »
muguru will be working security for that lane.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »
Street parking was gone on 4th street, that was south of Kilbourn Ave to Well Street. That area killed some great street parking spots. That was due to re-doing the road, that project is now done.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:59:31 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

DancingEagle32

• Walk-On
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
Random suggestion for some of the less phone inclined, more experienced mu fans, you can save your ticket in the wallet app on your iphone so you don't have to pull it up online when getting in

Can confirm that you can also do this for android. Also you can save all the games to your phones not just the next one up so if you have some time and wifi you can download the whole season to avoid trying to pull it up in the cold outside the forum with questionable reception and make the line hopefully go quicker.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2018, 02:29:28 PM »
Is this true for the breezeway from the garage third floor as well. Thinking of parking there this time.

Better get to that structure at least 45 minutes before tip or pre-buy access cause we got to the area 30 minutes before the Kansas State game and the structure was full.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 03:11:55 PM »
It seems like the Isaacs Parking Lot is less busy now that the Fiserv Forum is open. I believe it's $15/$20 for gameday.
https://isaacsparking.com/
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:16:45 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

fjm

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »
Y’all should go to Glass and Griddle up on 6th, have a drink and walk the 3 blocks.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »
Can confirm that you can also do this for android. Also you can save all the games to your phones not just the next one up so if you have some time and wifi you can download the whole season to avoid trying to pull it up in the cold outside the forum with questionable reception and make the line hopefully go quicker.

I believe it works OK on I-phones, but for android, if you use Google Pay that has a bug that you cannot swipe to a 2nd ticket, it only displays the 1st ticket if you have more than 1. You can take a screen-shot of the bar code and scan those.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2018, 03:38:20 PM »
Thanks. Do you need to flash your mobile student ticket to get into the student section? We have a few singles from other parts of the stadium that would like to sit with us.

Depends on how young you look, I can get in the student section no problem with a larger crowd of obvious students. If you look 30 though, they gunna be asking.

Tons of standing room.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2018, 03:42:01 PM »
Better get to that structure at least 45 minutes before tip or pre-buy access cause we got to the area 30 minutes before the Kansas State game and the structure was full.
And the 3rd floor is preferred, so I don’t think you can buy those as a drive up on game day.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2018, 04:14:41 PM »
What is causing this problem is the explosion of apt/condo residences in the immediate vicinity of the Forum.  Back when the areas around the BC were a bunch of closed down warehouses parking was easy to come by.  Now the residents take up a lot of that parking forcing us game day parkers further and further away.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
What is causing this problem is the explosion of apt/condo residences in the immediate vicinity of the Forum.  Back when the areas around the BC were a bunch of closed down warehouses parking was easy to come by.  Now the residents take up a lot of that parking forcing us game day parkers further and further away.

I am outraged! How dare the city allow those dilapidated buildings be replaced by upscale housing that brings more real estate and sales tax dollars into the city? Don't they realize that people have a right to free parking within two blocks of anywhere they want to go in the Downtown area?
Have some patience, FFS.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2018, 04:27:47 PM »
There are a ton of businesses running free shuttles to the FF. Easy + free parking, cheap food and drinks etc., just sayin'.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »
There are a ton of businesses running free shuttles to the FF. Easy + free parking, cheap food and drinks etc., just sayin'.

Is there a list of all the shuttles? I know a few and usually just do Jackson's as it's a fairly easy walk if the shuttle leaves without me.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2018, 05:43:01 PM »
Is there a list of all the shuttles? I know a few and usually just do Jackson's as it's a fairly easy walk if the shuttle leaves without me.

Great question, I'd like to know this as well as the schedule, like when do they leave, when do they return etc??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2018, 10:03:46 PM »
Can always take the choo choo....wait.  nvm.

DancingEagle32

• Walk-On
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2018, 09:17:56 AM »
I believe it works OK on I-phones, but for android, if you use Google Pay that has a bug that you cannot swipe to a 2nd ticket, it only displays the 1st ticket if you have more than 1. You can take a screen-shot of the bar code and scan those.
Haven't had that problem yet  and I can swipe my two tickets, but certainly will look out for it. I will say I wish there was a way to download the whole season at once or at least all the tickets for one game at once instead of having to click on each individual ticket for each game.

Eye

• All American
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2018, 10:04:42 AM »
That is not true. The Fiserv Forum can print tickets for you at the box office. So, can the Al McGuire Box Office. Plus, the ushers last Saturday confirmed that to me. I brought two older people who don't have smart phones to the game. Those free tickets we get as STH.

Nielsen, just making sure as the only person in their 40s on planet earth without a smart phone (on purpose, have a job that where they'd expect to be able to reach me 14 hours a day instead of 8 if I had a phone that could get e-mail) that I have this right. If I buy a ticket via the exchange this year, I'll have to go to the box office, have them print it for me, then go in? Correct? Thanks in advance
GO WARRIORS!

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2018, 10:12:19 AM »

This site might help https://www.tripsavvy.com/grab-free-shuttle-to-a-milwaukee-bucks-game-3572016

Or at the next game, check out the names on all of the shuttles making pickups outside the FF, they line up all down the block.

I know O'Lydias, Stenny's, Saz's (PITA more often than not), Mo's downtown, WI Athletic Club all run shuttles.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:18:29 AM by Waldo Jeffers »

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2018, 10:52:17 AM »

For what its worth, I looked at this briefly from Wauwatosa at places we've taken Brewers shuttles before:

Jackson's/ThirstyDuck on Bluemound&113th does not for MU. Neither does Mo's on Bluemound&Hwy100. 

Saz's on State&55 does. They have two shuttles that each run twice before game (used to have a school bus). At least twice after game.....For UW might schedule more? People reserve spots so no guarantee if you just drop in. Call ahead.

Intown locations for these might be different like Jackson's.

There might be others I missed too. Any info on West/NorthWest shuttles appreciated.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2018, 10:53:10 AM »
Nielsen, just making sure as the only person in their 40s on planet earth without a smart phone (on purpose, have a job that where they'd expect to be able to reach me 14 hours a day instead of 8 if I had a phone that could get e-mail) that I have this right. If I buy a ticket via the exchange this year, I'll have to go to the box office, have them print it for me, then go in? Correct? Thanks in advance

You know, you could always get a phone and not tell your employer.

Also, I made it clear to my employer that I don't check my work email when I am not working (especially because I don't have a company-provided phone).  They can text me if they need an answer right away, but it better be pretty f*cking important.  They have respected my policy, mostly because they don't have much of a choice.  At the beginning, when I was called on it, I would ask, "Exactly why did you need an immediate response to that email?"  They usually didn't have one other than, "I just wanted to know the answer to my question".  They looked pretty sheepish when I responded with, "And that was worth invading my private time?"

The people that actually do respond to emails on vacation or at night feed their own problem.

For most people, 99% of  work emails received during off-hours involve issue that can be handled the next time the person is actually on duty.
Have some patience, FFS.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2018, 11:01:08 AM »
Lmao @ all you old people complaining about not having parking directly next to the arena.

feedback