[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: UTEP thoughts  (Read 19308 times)

fjm

• All American
Re: UTEP thoughts
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2018, 04:20:31 PM »
Rewatched some of the UTEP game. I saw 4 UW game offensive fouls on Markus without trying too hard. (This is assuming Dayvesun gets his flop calls).

It is a must that he keeps that arm in.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2018, 04:22:20 PM »
Rewatched some of the UTEP game. I saw 4 UW game offensive fouls on Markus without trying too hard. (This is assuming Dayvesun gets his flop calls).

Very true.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2018, 04:53:52 PM »

I saw a few during the game too and was thinking about how it could play out Saturday. Hopefully this is a point of emphasis this week in practice for Markus. Last night, a few times I saw him do it, he didn't really even need to. If he can break the habit to avoid charges this week, it could benefit him the rest of the year as well.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2018, 05:07:52 PM »
Theo's spin move from the foul line is the best move he has made at MU.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2018, 07:49:55 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks tooney is the most freshman looking grad transfer ever?  He looks clueless with the ball.  Has made lots of top of the key turnovers and his scoring ability / shot is very questionable. 

I am failing to see the talent here at all.  Very disappointed.

Ill take the W but this weekend is gonna make or break the season.

So if we lose Saturday should we cancel conference play?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2018, 08:45:49 PM »
Am I the only one that thinks tooney is the most freshman looking grad transfer ever?  He looks clueless with the ball.  Has made lots of top of the key turnovers and his scoring ability / shot is very questionable. 

I am failing to see the talent here at all.  Very disappointed.

Ill take the W but this weekend is gonna make or break the season.
I'd recommend another 5.5 year hiatus
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2018, 09:22:40 PM »
Watched a replay this morning and was quite impressed with Joey.  His composure while being quite aggressive both on offense and defense makes him pretty special. 
Next game, the ball needs to go to Sam on the first play so he can see it go in.  Then he'll be fine. 
I do like establishing the low post early, but ball (and unfortunately people) movement is stopping when that happens.  First 2-3 possessions need to have easy buckets or open 3's off of good ball movement.  Then establish the post. 
Lots of sloppy turnovers.  Can't do this against bucky.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2018, 10:27:40 PM »
Theo's spin move from the foul line is the best move he has made at MU.

Agreed.  I said the same thing to friends sitt8ng next to me at the game.  Best more so far fo Theo.   More to come

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2018, 11:52:33 PM »
What is this, a football game? Vanilla offense? We ran the same offense we always run - I don't expect any "trick plays" (flea flicker, fumbleruski, fake punts, end arounds, etc.) on Saturday. LOL, where do you get this stuff?

I said it feels like it, I didn’t say that is what we were doing.  Sheesh.  Read.

Yes, like we were going through the motions with limited playbook. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2018, 05:00:17 AM »
Yep.  I was saying to Glow last night at the game that he is a Davante wannabe.

He can't hit the short jumper (or should I say, heel-rocker) like Davante, though.

Some how I get the feeling that it was you that got Glow interested in MU basketball.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2018, 06:52:05 AM »
Some how I get the feeling that it was you that got Glow interested in MU basketball.

Not true at all.  That honor goes to my father.  Been going to games since the 1960s.  And honestly it was me that suggested we get season tickets when they were doing the $99 special perhaps 12 years ago.  That said, Chick is certainly a more dedicated fan averaging 95% attendance every year.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2018, 06:56:56 AM »

We didn't meet until I was a senior and he had already graduated. I was already a big fan by then.
Have some patience, FFS.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2018, 07:27:13 AM »
Who fin cares?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2018, 07:31:50 AM »
Who fin cares?

That’s pretty much the motto for your posting history.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2018, 08:28:45 AM »
I said it feels like it, I didn’t say that is what we were doing.  Sheesh.  Read.
Possibly the most chicos shifting of an argument ever.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »
What is this, a football game? Vanilla offense? We ran the same offense we always run - I don't expect any "trick plays" (flea flicker, fumbleruski, fake punts, end arounds, etc.) on Saturday. LOL, where do you get this stuff?

Thank you for this.  However, Cheeks isn't the only one to suggest that we've yet to unveil our "real" offense.  Such "insight" is actually quite entertaining to read.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:44 AM »
I have thought Chartouny has turned the ball over quite a bit. Homerun pass attempts, and just unsure on where to go with the ball at times.

The link below shows that Chartouny's TO% is the worst in the Big East, by a large margin.
https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/stats?season=2018&category=ADVANCED&group=14&sort=16&time=0&pos=0&team=0&qual=1&sortOrder=0&opp=0

However, using the same link, he is top 10 in Assist %. I hope he can settle in, but teams are just going to sag off of him he is unable to put the ball in the basket.
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2018, 09:54:19 AM »
Thank you for this.  However, Cheeks isn't the only one to suggest that we've yet to unveil our "real" offense.  Such "insight" is actually quite entertaining to read.

Really? Who?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2018, 09:55:13 AM »
Really? Who?

Must be referring to hoopaloop. 

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
Really? Who?

I can't recall specifically who but high likelihood members of the Scoop Intelligencia.  Chose to let it slide at the time because no need to call out all of the ill-conceived points thrown out here (usually made in an attempt to prop up the spotty/shaky performance of our team.)

I mean we have a thread here "Some ranked teams didn't escape the upset."

tower912

• All American
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »
The offense looks normal.   Sacar is getting the same  lay up looks around the double screen at the elbows that JjJ cleaned up on. (And Sacar, when he chose to).   Sam and Joey are getting the same wide open 3 look from the side that has been a staple the last couple of years.   The obligatory passes to the post with Theo and Ed catching the ball on the blocks with the defender a half step late creating an angle to the basket or a jump hook.     The offense looks the same EXCEPT for not hitting 3's at the anticipated %.     Seriously, if MU had gone 9-22 shooting 3's against UTEP instead of 6-22, no one would even mention the offense.   

It looked off because reliable shooters missed wide open looks badly.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2018, 10:06:07 AM »
I can't recall specifically who but high likelihood members of the Scoop Intelligencia.  Chose to let it slide at the time because no need to call out all of the ill-conceived points thrown out here (usually made in an attempt to prop up the spotty/shaky performance of our team.)

What are you talking about?  Seriously find one post that has seriously suggested that the “real offense” hasn’t been installed.

It’s essentially the same offense MU has been running for years. And as tower said, many of the same looks without the same shots falling.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2018, 10:10:57 AM »
The offense looks normal.   Sacar is getting the same  lay up looks around the double screen at the elbows that JjJ cleaned up on. (And Sacar, when he chose to).   Sam and Joey are getting the same wide open 3 look from the side that has been a staple the last couple of years.   The obligatory passes to the post with Theo and Ed catching the ball on the blocks with the defender a half step late creating an angle to the basket or a jump hook.     The offense looks the same EXCEPT for not hitting 3's at the anticipated %.     Seriously, if MU had gone 9-22 shooting 3's against UTEP instead of 6-22, no one would even mention the offense.   

It looked off because reliable shooters missed wide open looks badly.

I agree with this. I guess I singled out Sam primarily, but had he hit 2 more 3s we'd have been ok with the result (at least I would have been). I do think that the past 2 games have been helpful in showing that when some things aren't working, they find a way to get stops and scrap.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
What are you talking about?  Seriously find one post that has seriously suggested that the “real offense” hasn’t been installed.

It’s essentially the same offense MU has been running for years. And as tower said, many of the same looks without the same shots falling.

Angry this morning Sultan?  Sheesh.  You have better sleuth capabilities here than I do, based on your numerous previous posts re-hashing things I posted as far back as 7 years ago.

The point we haven't rolled out our real offense had been alluded to early this season - guessing probably after the struggles with Presby, IU, etc.

I agree entirely with Tower's post below.  We haven't held anything back in our offense this season.  To allude so, and say as much, is just dumb.  Perhaps it was Warrior Dad and Billy Hoyle who made those points earlier this year.  (That would make sense.)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2018, 10:18:01 AM »

I agree entirely with Tower's post below.

Dear diary.....

feedback