[Today at 10:09:34 AM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by GoldenEagles03
[Today at 09:54:22 AM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kansas game thread  (Read 15330 times)

muhoops1

• All American
Re: Kansas game thread
« Reply #175 on: November 21, 2018, 08:29:40 PM »
Guys always be happy with the product.  Dukiet was the coach when I was at MU.  Just sit back and accept it.  This is what we deserve.  Spend a ton of money and get embarrassed on National TV.  But there’s always a reason.  Not coach or teams fault.  If there are extenuating circumstances no one is held accountable.  For example in Feb you’ll hear “No shame in losing to SJU by 30 at home.  Ponds is playing.”

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #176 on: November 21, 2018, 08:29:46 PM »
Morrow- zero points
             zero rebounds
             zero assists
             four fouls.

There has to be something physically wrong with this guy.

OnlyGetsTheEasyPosts

• Walk-On
« Reply #177 on: November 21, 2018, 08:30:18 PM »
Disappointing to not continue in the second half, but the first half was great to watch. Nice to see some good competition after the IU game.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #178 on: November 21, 2018, 08:31:56 PM »
Poor coaching absolutely poor.  And we thought Crean sucked at Xs and Os.  2 free throws? Really?  Best talent we’ve had under Wojo and getting zero improvement.  Sad

JoeSmith1721

• Starter
« Reply #179 on: November 21, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »
So we chuck threes the entire game and when we actually need to take them we work it inside? How dumb can we be?

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
I can see the "moral victory" crowd has arrived. Good grief is that how low this program has sunk, when we are PROUD of having a 9 point lead against the #2 team in the country for a half??  ::)
We're settling for morale victories when a lot of us expected a S16 run. Love it.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #181 on: November 21, 2018, 08:32:59 PM »
So we chuck threes the entire game and when we actually need to take them we work it inside? How dumb can we be?
I said the same thing. Just bizarre
No Finish Line

muhoops1

• All American
« Reply #182 on: November 21, 2018, 08:35:27 PM »

We’re Wojo dumb

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
The 22-0 run was similar to the run to start at IU.  Turnover driven.
I belive many should go crazy and jump out of tall buildings. 
But i think things are taking shape.  Morrow, bailey and sacar proving they should not be out there.  Heldt with a decent stint.  Game we coulda shoulda had a chance to win, but to say we lost by 9 and gave up a 22-0 run shows that the ability is there.  Joey, theo, and joey keep getting up to speed and we gonna be ok.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2018, 08:43:58 PM »
But i think things are taking shape.  Morrow, bailey and sacar proving they should not be out there.  Heldt with a decent stint.  Game we coulda shoulda had a chance to win, but to say we lost by 9 and gave up a 22-0 run shows that the ability is there.  Joey, theo, and joey keep getting up to speed and we gonna be ok.

+1

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #185 on: November 21, 2018, 08:49:09 PM »

Almost like we were getting open 3s in the first half....and KU ran us off the line in the 2nd. Crazy.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #186 on: November 21, 2018, 08:52:22 PM »
Almost like we were getting open 3s in the first half....and KU ran us off the line in the 2nd. Crazy.
That would explain not forcing 3s the first 10-12 minutes of the second half (which we did), but it doesn’t explain not forcing 3s late when it was getting away from us (which we didn’t).
No Finish Line

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #187 on: November 21, 2018, 08:54:36 PM »
Not sure Kansas really did anything differently defensively.  MU stopped moving the ball and started turning it over, mostly unforced.  Most of MUs fist half baskets were off of 2-3-4-5 passes and a ball reversal or two.  That rarely happened in the second half.  Much of the blame i put on Howard and his stupid hero ball.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #188 on: November 21, 2018, 08:58:28 PM »

That was bizarre.  However, was good to see Joey operate out of low post and get some dump off action going with Theo.  That can be reproduced going forward.  We have to become at least two-dimensional on O, can't be all 3's and nothing else.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »
It was an adjustment.    After no space was being created by passing around the perimeter, they passed into the post, hoping to get a double team and then start swinging the ball to an open shooter.    But Kansas did not double teams and there were no open shooters on the perimeter.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #190 on: November 22, 2018, 12:18:16 AM »

I told you all Bailey would have difficulty acclimating after a 2 year mission with no organized basketball or supervision in skill or strength work during that time. 
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #191 on: November 22, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »

Agree on Morrow and Bailey, but not Sacar. Sacar had a clear role last year as our best defender who needed to be on the floor. And he played well in that role. He even had a much improved offensive game by the end of the season because he found ways to get to the rim when defenses extended too far to account for all our shooters.

Once we figure out what lineups work well together, I think there's 15-20 available for Sacar. And if we ever get Markus under control and get the ball moving around better, we can see the same Sacar we saw last year.