Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Bradley Center Carcass pic  (Read 27794 times)

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Bradley Center Carcass pic
« on: November 20, 2018, 03:11:22 PM »
Saw this on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/milwaukee/comments/9yry00/door_was_open_this_morning_so_i_went_inside/

Loved this comment:

[–]Henchman_TwentyFour

119 points 7 hours ago
It was cold. It was horrible. It was not made for Basketball. Every seat felt a million miles away. If you had to go to the bathroom there would not be any eye-line to the court or TV in sight. Stairwells that went to nowhere. Worst food and beer options ever except for the one stand with spotted cow and river west stein hidden in the corner. The worst sounding concerts ever with the upstairs covered in tarps to not look so empty.

But Damnit it was ours. For the fans that were die hards through the Redd and Brandon Jennings years this was ours. $70 scalped lower level playoff tickets. Blacked out drunk regular season game with only your friends and the squad 6 fan section in a mostly empty Arena. Not an attractive girl in sight.

I will miss you Bradley Center. I bet you would have been a great professional hockey Arena.

Thanks for the memories.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
Re: Bradley Center Carcass pic
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 03:15:04 PM »
Many great moments in my life at the Bradley Center. I'm glad to see it go, because it's blocks the view to Fiserv Forum.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

BobWildLoyalist

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 04:53:15 PM »
Lost and won a lot of things in that building.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 10:29:23 PM »
Haha have to agree with it all.  Place was horrible
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 10:55:09 PM »

Not horrible in my opinion.  Saw some NCAA tournament games there, some great wins by Marquette over ranked teams.  Wish I had seen more over the years.  Had its role and served MU and Milwaukee well.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 11:38:18 PM »
Wrong chicos.  Putting what happened in the building aside, prolly the worst designed stadium i have ever been in and provided a poor home court advantage.
Must be hoops season Sybil is showing her many faces again.  Please seek mental help.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 11:56:24 PM »
Aside from the actual bowl of the arena, I’ll take the Bradley Center.

The concourses at the Forum look cheap. At the BC, the concourses May have been a bit dated but they didn’t look cheap.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2018, 12:12:21 AM »
Not horrible in my opinion.  Saw some NCAA tournament games there, some great wins by Marquette over ranked teams.  Wish I had seen more over the years.  Had its role and served MU and Milwaukee well.

Good job with the GA seats for students, kin.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 06:03:17 AM »
Saw some great wins there no doubt, but MU lost too much there for my liking, no home court advantage..I won't miss it.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Class71

• All American
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2018, 06:14:22 AM »
It is not the stadium, it is what MU does in the stadium that matters.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2018, 06:34:45 AM »
Saw some great wins there no doubt, but MU lost too much there for my liking, no home court advantage..I won't miss it.

False.  That place was rocking in the early BEast days and was absolutely a tough place for competition to play.  Unfortunately when not full it’s cavernous and not loud at all. 

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2018, 08:24:41 AM »
Be thankful for what we had,  what other options were there? Panther Arena? 

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2018, 08:41:48 AM »

As college basketball goes, we were lucky to have had the Bradley Center, in my opinion. Of course I like FF more because it's brand new and has many upgrades from the BC, but I never really saw anything wrong with the BC.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2018, 08:48:30 AM »
For about 12 years (1988-2000), it was one of the premier venues.  From a recruiting perspective, it was also the home of the NBA, so that was very helpful.  The upper deck was ridiculously large, obsolete, and often empty, but it could be very noisy when the moment was right.  Overall, it was an upgrade from the Arena in terms of comfort, and it helped keep the program in the big leagues of college sports.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

i71_dawg

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2018, 08:59:46 AM »
That picture really shows the worst part of the BC...the fact that there were so many seats in the upper deck...my goodness!

MUBB fan for nearly 30 years

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Wrong chicos.  Putting what happened in the building aside, prolly the worst designed stadium i have ever been in and provided a poor home court advantage.
Must be hoops season Sybil is showing her many faces again.  Please seek mental help.

Disagree chicos.  How can one say putting aside what happened in the building? Isn't that where the games are played?  I've been in my share of sports buildings that were worse and our home court advantage was pretty good considering the start of that building had some awful MU basketball teams.  The Palace in Detroit (Auburn Hills), Sacramento Kings arena, All State arena, old Richfield coliseum where the Cavs played.  Nassau coliseum.  Others
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2018, 10:22:38 AM »
prolly the worst designed stadium i have ever been in and provided a poor home court advantage.

You must not have been to a basketball game at Allstate Arena.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2018, 10:30:43 AM »

This is something we can probably all agree on.  Quote from a Chicago friend when we attended an MU game in Rosemont after renovations: "see how far we are from an aisle?  And this is the improved version of this dump."

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2018, 10:57:30 AM »

Or Freedom Hall.

The biggest negative of the BC was the number of seats in the upper bowl, though that design was probably due to wanting the suites as close to the action as possible.  It was such a different atmosphere down below and when Crean got GA the atmosphere changed.  I'll never forget the electricity in the building for the 2002 Cincy game (11 am tip-off), and the Louisville game later that year (national TV, Dicky V in the house). Novak's shot to beat ND in 2005, the entire 2003 season. Even when we weren't that good the place came alive - St. Bonaventure NIT game in 1995, #4 Iowa State in 1996, top 10 Memphis in 1996 when Amal schooled Lorenzen Wright, Al's Night in 1997 against ND.

It may not have been perfect, but it was our place. So many great memories there, I'll miss it.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2018, 12:07:47 PM »
False.  That place was rocking in the early BEast days and was absolutely a tough place for competition to play.  Unfortunately when not full it’s cavernous and not loud at all.

Way to completely contradict yourself in only two sentences.  Bravo

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 12:16:33 PM »
14000 in the fiserv will be entirely different than 14000 in the bradley as will 17000 in the fiserv be completely different than 17000 was in the bradley.  Therefore all things being equal the Bradley Center as an arena fin sucked.  IS there some sentimentality?, the we liked it because its ours, great games there etc? Sure but bottom line all emotion aside the place sucked.  Horrible sightlines and less than 15000 people the place was a mausoleum.  Show me another facility in america with 14000 people in it that was quieter n provided as little homecourt advantage.  Quite honestly its one of the reasons our home court winning percentgae was lower than it should have been.  Massive upper bowl absorbed all the crowd noise unless packed.  Again show me another college venue in America that was quiter with 14000 in it and provided a poorer home court advantage. I will patiently wait for reponses.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 12:19:48 PM by Mr. Sand-Knit »

ski44

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 12:23:12 PM »
Any idea if they're selling individual seats to the BC?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2018, 12:45:26 PM »
d.  Again show me another college venue in America that was quiter with 14000 in it and provided a poorer home court advantage. I will patiently wait for reponses.

I don't know any arena that was "quiter" than the BC or if this counts as a "reponse," but immediately off the top of my head: Madison Square Garden, whatever G-town's arena is called these days, Allstate and the Prudential Center right in our conference. I remember going to a game at SLU in their 20,000 seat arena during the 2001-02 season and that was depressing as well.

Outside of the conference: Ohio State's arena, NC State's arena, even the Dean Dome traditionally hasn't been known as a loud place other than during games against Duke.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2018, 12:58:33 PM »
Any idea if they're selling individual seats to the BC?

All were sold off in one package from what I've read.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2018, 01:09:57 PM »
I don't know any arena that was "quiter" than the BC or if this counts as a "reponse," but immediately off the top of my head: Madison Square Garden, whatever G-town's arena is called these days, Allstate and the Prudential Center right in our conference. I remember going to a game at SLU in their 20,000 seat arena during the 2001-02 season and that was depressing as well.

Outside of the conference: Ohio State's arena, NC State's arena, even the Dean Dome traditionally hasn't been known as a loud place other than during games against Duke.

Is this billy, chicos, hoopaloop, warrior dad or whom.  A psychiatrist’s wet dream.  Went to Aalstate many a time back in the day with 14k and that place was Loud!!!!!!! .  Problem is most people under 40 have never seen more than 4k in it for a bball game.  A loud old barn,  wooden roof, tight seats, place got loud!!  Swing and a miss Sybil

feedback