[Today at 09:22:20 PM]

NIL Future by PointWarrior
[Today at 09:03:13 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[Today at 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[Today at 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: R-E-L-A-X  (Read 53150 times)

KampusFoods

• All American
Re: R-E-L-A-X
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2018, 04:58:22 PM »
What about Jay Wright's performance last night?

I think we'd be giving Wojo a pass on this one if we won the natty last year and lost a Player of the Year PG, as well as 2 underclassmen to the NBA.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
It wouldn’t be Scoop if people weren’t comparing Wojo to Wright.  Let’s get it straight once and for all:  Wright didn’t make the tournament until his fourth year at Nova.  Wojo made it in his third year at Marquette.  Therefore, Wojo is better than Wright.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 05:27:56 PM »
Jay Wright has earned the right to call a blowout a bump in the road. Wojo isn't there yet. Wright's resume speaks for itself. Wojo's is practically empty at this point.

You can't judge Wojo based on last night's game any more than you can judge him based on the Nova game in 2017.
Have some patience, FFS.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 05:35:57 PM »
You can't judge Wojo based on last night's game any more than you can judge him based on the Nova game in 2017.

I don't think anyone here is judging Wojo based only on last night. They're adding last nights game to a growing list of frustrating and embarrassing games over the last 4 years. He's had plenty of history now at MU for fans to judge.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 05:38:31 PM »
I judged Wojo on the post ‘Nova win in ‘17.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 05:55:17 PM »
Wojo can't cary Wright's jockstrap, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 06:27:56 PM »

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 06:53:18 PM »
It wouldn’t be Scoop if people weren’t comparing Wojo to Wright.  Let’s get it straight once and for all:  Wright didn’t make the tournament until his fourth year at Nova.  Wojo made it in his third year at Marquette.  Therefore, Wojo is better than Wright.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 07:36:59 PM »
I can't tell if post like this are serious or meant to be funny.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
I can't tell if post like this are serious or meant to be funny.

+1

Well done!

jutaw22mu

• All American
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 08:47:09 PM »

It appears that games like last night are the general trend and the Nova one in 2017 was an abberation.  I really hope things change but I am not holding my breath anymore.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 09:06:21 PM »
It’s like people forget about Vandy, Ohio St., Florida, Iowa...All of which were at home.

It happens once a year to Marquette without fail. No need to freak out about a loss on the road in the 3rd game of the season.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
5th year.  Made the polls for a short two days and out.  Just not even close to being good enough.  That’s just me though, I’d prefer to have high expectations.  I refuse to lower my expectations.  Others may feel differently. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2018, 09:12:22 PM »
It wuzant just a loss. MU wuz stripped down ta bare ass naked and people laughed at da sight.  Keep weighten four Wojo ta turn da corner, butt he keeps goin' streight. Kinda get da feelin' he's incapable, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2018, 09:26:06 PM »

We've had 10 coaches at Marquette before Wojo over the last 65 years. Wojo has a better record than one of those 10 - Bob Dukiet. Can we judge him on that?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2018, 09:34:30 PM »
One game in Year 5, now added to an ever growing portfolio of frustratingly similar performances. If Wojo had a couple years of tournaments berths and big time wins on his MU resume, it would be easier to write off the IU game as an outlier. But because it looks so similar to the past 4 years, there is cause for concern.

If we make the Big Dance this year, Does this(Above) go away for you then?
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Boone

• All American
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2018, 09:39:01 PM »
Can’t say I’d be happy/content with just a bid. Wojo reached that bar in year 3, then took step back. Feel like we’re just spinning our wheels with him

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2018, 09:42:30 PM »

If we make the Big Dance this year, Does this(Above) go away for you then?

If we make the tournament after having a strong BE season, that would help improve my outlook on Wojo. But if we limp in and get embarrassed like we did 2 years ago, then I don't see my opinion changing. With the talent on this roster, I think most college coaches (maybe even a number of Scoopers!) could earn a bid this year. To me, that's still a pretty low bar.

seakm4

• Team Captain
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:21 PM »
Aaron Rodgers career has largely been wasted due to his coaching and his team’s defense

How is that any different that Markus?

Just kidding.  The jab was too easy.  Its November.  We whooped up on the cupcakes and got overfed.  A reality check happens pretty often.  At least this wasn't a head scratcher on our home court.  Do you remember Vanderbilt in 2011, Purdue last year?  I get Purdue was ranked, but remember a November blowout is a Marquette tradition.

Otule's Glass Eye

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 11:44:29 PM »
How is that any different that Markus?

Just kidding.  The jab was too easy.  Its November.  We whooped up on the cupcakes and got overfed.  A reality check happens pretty often.  At least this wasn't a head scratcher on our home court.  Do you remember Vanderbilt in 2011, Purdue last year?  I get Purdue was ranked, but remember a November blowout is a Marquette tradition.

I don’t think people are upset over just this one loss, I think people are upset because Wojo has never proven that he is able to make the team better over the course of a season than when they started. And in year 5, when the talent level is as high as Wojo has had, a poor showing like this is making me worried that he won’t be able to make this team better as the year goes on because of his track record.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2018, 12:06:42 AM »

Yep, we hit a bump last night and some of us fell off the wagon.  One early game, with a terrible early 10 minute start and we went downhill.  One game, one loss.

So we DID play downhill after all!

I'm with Seinfeld on this wagon business.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...

theBabyDavid

• Scholarship Player
  • pretty stinkin' cute
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2018, 12:39:59 AM »

Are you f#cking serious? Because this is absurd.

Fr Davitt: False Syllogism
"I don't care what Chick says, my mom's a babe" 

theBabyDavid

1SE

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2018, 02:40:01 AM »
It appears that games like last night are the general trend and the Nova one in 2017 was an abberation.  I really hope things change but I am not holding my breath anymore.

At least we’ll always have the memories. And the t-shirts.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2018, 06:59:43 AM »
I don’t think people are upset over just this one loss, I think people are upset because Wojo has never proven that he is able to make the team better over the course of a season than when they started. And in year 5, when the talent level is as high as Wojo has had, a poor showing like this is making me worried that he won’t be able to make this team better as the year goes on because of his track record.
Exactly....and for those saying "just one game" I'd love to know expectations for any coach given 5 years following Buzz. 

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2018, 07:58:20 AM »
We've had 10 coaches at Marquette before Wojo over the last 65 years. Wojo has a better record than one of those 10 - Bob Dukiet. Can we judge him on that?
O-U-C-H
No Finish Line