[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fiserv home court advantage!  (Read 7875 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Fiserv home court advantage!
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
The women MC is more than fine, when she is not yelling! Please don't yell!

Could you please use your contacts to let her know that if she can't call us the Warriors, could she please call us the Golden Eagles?
Have some patience, FFS.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2018, 11:00:21 AM »
So, without sounding like an old mf'er, the PA/sounds are uncomfortably loud. And, do not like the entire 3-ring circus atmosphere that sporting events seem compelled to throw on the crowd. MU basketball has fallen into lockstep with minor league baseball and NBA basketball.

It sounded to me like they're calibrating the levels a bit. For the opening bits the hype crew sounded louder than they did later in the game. Or maybe I was just getting used to it.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2018, 11:39:17 AM »
Could you please use your contacts to let her know that if she can't call us the Warriors, could she please call us the Golden Eagles?

I'll do my best!  ;)
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 06:22:50 PM »

She actually wasn't the only one to say that. When I entered, one of the security guards said "Go Eagles" after we went through the metal detectors.

All that said, I kind of love that Scoop is irritated people are getting the name wrong that so many Scoopers still resent.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »
The floor MC did say that before the game showing an item that is sold at the Spirit Shop. She yelled, Go Eagles!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

McLintock

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 07:30:35 PM »
Since it is nitpicking season here is another question re: the MC's -- when did we all become Season Ticket "Members" as opposed to Season Ticket Holders as we now seem to have a Season Ticket "Member" of the game rather than Holder? 

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
Since it is nitpicking season here is another question re: the MC's -- when did we all become Season Ticket "Members" as opposed to Season Ticket Holders as we now seem to have a Season Ticket "Member" of the game rather than Holder?

Well, since they are going paperless you won't be able to actually hold your season tickets, so....
Have some patience, FFS.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:31 PM »
Well, since they are going paperless you won't be able to actually hold your season tickets, so....

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2018, 12:22:15 AM »
The female MC referred to us once as the "Eagles". WTF?

And I like to picture Wojo as having a little Mag Lite for so that everyone could see his little play - mapping board during the timeout, while the other coach was going, "What's going on on? I can't see a damn thing!"  #strategy

The weirdest thing is that just as she shrill-screamed "Go Eagles!" someone walked up my aisle wearing a bright RED "Marquette" sweatshirt. Note to Spirit Shop or wherever that travesty/sham of a pullover was purchased....cease and desist, PLEASE!
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...