[Today at 05:59:46 AM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:13:02 AM]

Three Years Ago Today... by Newsdreams
[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Chicago Blackhawks fire coach Joel Quenneville  (Read 4546 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Chicago Blackhawks fire coach Joel Quenneville
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2021, 09:50:26 AM »
I don’t know what’s worse, Toews lying and saying he didn’t know, or him actually not knowing.

It’ll be a long, long time before the Hawks get any of my money or viewership. I wish they hadn’t won the cup that year. I’d be 1000% fine if they took down that banner.

I will never watch another game.

The remarks of Toews and Kane last night were absolutely sickening. These people should be pariahs. They should be booed and shunned the rest of their careers.

Just absolute lowlifes.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2021, 09:51:15 AM »
I don’t know what’s worse, Toews lying and saying he didn’t know, or him actually not knowing.

It’ll be a long, long time before the Hawks get any of my money or viewership. I wish they hadn’t won the cup that year. I’d be 1000% fine if they took down that banner.

That’s what’s crazy and also awful about this whole thing.  You have otherwise good people (from nearly all accounts) who were involved in a disgusting cover up.   Super disappointed  in Q given everything and how it contrasts to everything I’ve known and heard about him prior.  And Toews, silence is one thing, but if he indeed lied to cover up, what an utter disappointment from a normally stand up guy as well.

I have a good friend who was involved with the Miami U hockey program and he’s been nauseous about the whole thing since stuff has come out.  They had no idea about Aldrich and the feeling on his arrival was actually excitement cause he was an NHL guy and well regarded. And obviously the further acts he conducted there is revolting.

And even more surreal, I knew Kyle Beach for awhile.  He was dated and was briefly married to a friend of mine.  Really good guy and clearly you’d have no idea.  Incredibly brave of him and I hope he gets justice and retribution

I will never watch another game.

The remarks of Toews and Kane last night were absolutely sickening. These people should be pariahs. They should be booed and shunned the rest of their careers.

Just absolute lowlifes.

I wouldn't put Kane's remarks in the same vein as Toews.  He didn't defend Bowman.  Unless you're stating unequivocally that everyone knew everything and is just lying about not knowing about it.  2010 was also prime Kane's period of "incredible player, but immature moron in everything else" so its not that far fetched to think he wasn't super plugged in to everything in the organization.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:57:20 AM by JWags85 »

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2021, 10:13:39 AM »
Yeah neither his or Kane's interview came off as very genuine.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2021, 10:43:43 AM »
That’s what’s crazy and also awful about this whole thing.  You have otherwise good people (from nearly all accounts) who were involved in a disgusting cover up.   Super disappointed  in Q given everything and how it contrasts to everything I’ve known and heard about him prior.  And Toews, silence is one thing, but if he indeed lied to cover up, what an utter disappointment from a normally stand up guy as well.

I have a good friend who was involved with the Miami U hockey program and he’s been nauseous about the whole thing since stuff has come out.  They had no idea about Aldrich and the feeling on his arrival was actually excitement cause he was an NHL guy and well regarded. And obviously the further acts he conducted there is revolting.

And even more surreal, I knew Kyle Beach for awhile.  He was dated and was briefly married to a friend of mine.  Really good guy and clearly you’d have no idea.  Incredibly brave of him and I hope he gets justice and retribution

I wouldn't put Kane's remarks in the same vein as Toews.  He didn't defend Bowman.  Unless you're stating unequivocally that everyone knew everything and is just lying about not knowing about it.  2010 was also prime Kane's period of "incredible player, but immature moron in everything else" so its not that far fetched to think he wasn't super plugged in to everything in the organization.

Agree about Kane. I could genuinely see him not knowing. Toews on the other hand should know better than to try to defend these guys especially the whole "they shouldn't lose their livelihood" angle. Both MacIsaac and Bowman will be fine financially they aren't out on the street.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2021, 11:08:03 AM »

Q helped facilitate the sexual assault of a high schooler. He should be banned for life from the NHL.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »
I think need to withhold judgment on Q for the time being. Not defending him, just would like to see if he makes any sort of statement about his complicity first. Silence would be damning.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2021, 02:13:26 PM »
I think need to withhold judgment on Q for the time being. Not defending him, just would like to see if he makes any sort of statement about his complicity first. Silence would be damning.

When the allegations became public over the summer, Q said he knew nothing about it. The report released this week indicates he took part in a meeting to discuss the situation shortly after the allegations were reported to team management.
No need to withhold judgement on that. At the very least, he lied about what he knew and when he knew it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 02:22:39 PM by Pakuni »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2021, 07:44:36 PM »
Sounds like Quennville is out in Florida.

PGsHeroes32

• All American
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2021, 09:30:21 PM »
He gone
Lazar picking up where the BIG 3 left off....