Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Next Several Holiday Tournaments  (Read 15986 times)

YoungMUFan4

• All American
Re: Next Several Holiday Tournaments
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2021, 09:39:11 PM »
Us!!

I’m a Warrior first and foremost.

Is the Women's team playing there?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 12:13:15 AM »
Portland or Orlando in 2022? I'd like (and probably go to) either one.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2021, 10:04:56 AM »
The NE Big East schools seems to get BFA and the others get Maui. Chaminade plays in the campus games now every other year and the Big East fills in for the Maui spot in the year that happens (being the smaller conference with now 11 teams).

I see the Virgin Island tournament got ESPN backing now so Creighton is headed there. DePaul is still homeless.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloggingthebracket.com/platform/amp/2021/2/17/22287581/2021-22-mens-college-basketball-exempt-multi-team-events-mte-thanksgiving-early-season-tournaments

This year's field features Butler and Chaminade.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2021, 10:11:37 AM »
Portland or Orlando in 2022? I'd like (and probably go to) either one.

Mike should be doing all he can to get the PK85. It's basically a recruiting tool (we are Jordan--look at the sweet kicks and jerseys we got done just for this event!) and tends to get a quality game on the schedule.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »
This year's field features Butler and Chaminade.

Maybe things have changed since I posted that but this details the change. It would be great if the BE was in every year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.staradvertiser.com/2016/10/26/sports/sports-breaking/chaminade-out-of-maui-invitational-in-2018-beyond/amp/

MU82

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2021, 03:30:39 PM »
Mike should be doing all he can to get the PK85. It's basically a recruiting tool (we are Jordan--look at the sweet kicks and jerseys we got done just for this event!) and tends to get a quality game on the schedule.

Works for me!

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »
Maybe things have changed since I posted that but this details the change. It would be great if the BE was in every year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.staradvertiser.com/2016/10/26/sports/sports-breaking/chaminade-out-of-maui-invitational-in-2018-beyond/amp/

Looks like they've made BE a regular.  At least in a recent four year window of 2020 (PC) 2021 (Butler), 2022 (Creighton) and 2023 (Marquette). 

I'm always intrigued how these rotations work out so I appreciate the info you posted.  I feel like the BFA has become the true gold standard, so it would be nice to hit that at least once but it's great being in the Maui rotation.  I'll echo the hope that 2022 is PK85 or bust.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2021, 07:00:39 PM »
Xaiver.

Are they confirmed? Even if they are, the format allows for two Big East teams.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2021, 08:12:07 AM »
Maybe we'll be in this well in the future. Knowing my luck, it will be after I have moved out of Charlotte!

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article252600953.html?

The Jumpman Invitational will be a regular-season holiday basketball game series in Charlotte that will feature the first four colleges that signed partnership deals with Jordan Brand in both basketball and football: UNC, Florida, Michigan and Oklahoma.

The showcase will include both the men’s and women’s basketball teams for each school, with each playing a single game each year during a two-night span. All four schools are committed to the Jumpman Invitational for 2022-24, with the potential of other colleges associated with the Jordan Brand name being added in the future as well.

The men’s and women’s games will all be played in the Spectrum Center, the home of the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets — who, not coincidentally, are owned by Michael Jordan.

The first Jumpman Invitational will be held Dec. 20-21, 2022, according to the Charlotte Sports Foundation. The CSF announced the event Thursday.

All four basketball games in 2022 — two women’s, two men’s — will be televised by ESPN’s family of networks.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2021, 11:14:58 AM »
I saw this elsewhere, but I don't think it's coincidence that all the teams included are normally on the ESPN family of networks.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2021, 03:27:07 PM »
I'm waiting for the next Caribbean trip, if ever.

BossplayaOtto

• All American
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2021, 07:13:18 AM »
Just got back from Charleston. Was a fun trip despite the disappointing finish.

Any insights into what tourney Marquette is playing in next year? I know it’s Maui in 2023, but haven’t seen the location announced for next season.

Thanks.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 07:55:30 AM »
Just got back from Charleston. Was a fun trip despite the disappointing finish.

Any insights into what tourney Marquette is playing in next year? I know it’s Maui in 2023, but haven’t seen the location announced for next season.

Thanks.

Fort Myers Tip-Off

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2021, 08:29:00 AM »
Is Maui 2023 a lock?

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2021, 08:49:39 AM »

Marquette Overload

• Scholarship Player
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2021, 09:08:14 AM »
I keep the future known Marquette schedule (including holiday tournaments) updated at http://www.muoverload.com under Team > Schedule (All-Time).
Marquette Overload: http://www.muoverload.com

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2021, 09:15:34 AM »
For folks who have gone to these tournaments, especially multiple, any tips for planning what to hit if it will only be a once in awhile kind of thing?  The Hawaii tournaments or Atlantis seem like they would be really cool, but I'm a little concerned about planning a trip to those places to spend a ton of time in a small gym.  Don't get me wrong, I love my MU ball, but it just seems like those two things might be kind of at odds.  Charleston or Fort Myers seem like great candidates in that they are warm and fun, but in a way that enhances the game experience rather than conflicts with it? I know a lot of this will be personal preference but just wanted to see people's thoughts.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2021, 09:21:48 AM »
Fort Myers Tip-Off

This. Already booked AirBnB. 2 hour drive for me.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2021, 09:36:11 AM »
I keep the future known Marquette schedule (including holiday tournaments) updated at http://www.muoverload.com under Team > Schedule (All-Time).

Great site! Thanks for your dedication.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2021, 09:41:39 AM »
I know a lot of this will be personal preference but just wanted to see people's thoughts.

Personally, I say enjoy the location first while planning time to attend games. We did the game against Vandy in Annapolis and one of the NYC tournies. For Vandy, we made sure to tour the Naval Academy and hit some local restaurants, but took extra time in DC since it's close. Ran into the team during our tour, that was cool. But really, it was enjoying what the area had to offer first.

NYC was similar. We spent 5 days there, even though there were just two games. Went for a couple dinners with friends, checked out Chinatown, the Tenement Museum, saw a show on Broadway, all the touristy crap we could fit in while also making sure we got to MSG a couple times for Marquette.

We're making plans for Maui and thinking about doing 10-14 days. We'll get the games in, but make sure to do all the tours and enjoy the beaches. You know you'll take in the basketball, plan the rest around the area.

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2021, 10:04:55 AM »
Book the Lahaina Grill well in advance.. Worth it

Eye

• All American
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2021, 10:09:39 AM »
My NYC trip in '19 was similar. Got in Tuesday night, left Saturday morning. Went to 911 museum, Thanksgiving parade and a Nets game other than the 4 tourney games. Went to the WWI and Negro League museums when went to KC about 10 years ago.
GO WARRIORS!

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2021, 10:13:57 AM »
Also did the 9/11 Museum, thanks for reminding me!

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2021, 10:55:55 AM »
We stayed in Brooklyn and spent 5 days in Manhattan/Brooklyn in 2019.
It was my wife’s first trip to NYC and it was unforgettable.
We did all the major touristy things, including the thanksgiving parade and aforementioned 9/11 museum, Central Park, rockettes concert etc etc.
Sampled a ton of the awesome local food.

We of course caught all the games at Barclays and that was a blast as well.
We left feeling like we knew so much about Brooklyn even though we realize there is so much more.

I highly recommend these holiday tournaments, but as Brew said it’s more about enjoying the destination and spending enough days to see what you feel you need to see. The games are a secondary icing on the cake.

We got engaged in Maui and also plan on a 7-10 day trip for that one, looking forward to it 

feedback