[June 09, 2024, 10:48:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by 4everwarriors
[June 09, 2024, 08:25:23 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Uncle Rico
[June 09, 2024, 07:04:21 PM]

Arby's National Roast Beef Day Deal by oldwarrior81
[June 09, 2024, 05:24:39 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Blue & Gold Hospitality at FiFo  (Read 8761 times)

jsglow

• All American
Re: Blue & Gold Hospitality at FiFo
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »
Aside from the fact that fundraising has zero anything to do with the rental costs of a new arena, the ticket prices didn't jump 8x.  Again, a 50% or 100% bump is justifiable... but unless MU has a bunch of cheapskates* sitting at the $500, this has all the marks of exclusivity strategy, i.e. "let's raise a lot more money from the high rollers," instead of a general rising tide strategy, i.e. "let's raise a little more from everyone."

At some point, B&G has to recognize that Millennials are going to be their base 20 years from now, and given that they have proven to be an extremely difficult nut to crack, they really need to start building those relationships now.  Not to mention, alienating Gen X - who I would presume makes up a big portion of that "I can do $500, but WTF is up with the $4,000 ask?!?" today isn't going to help a cohort that seems like it's finally willing to look past the massive DP ("DiUlio-Potawatomi") it took back in '94.

In short, I really hope B&G isn't selling out the future to get a few years of revenue boosts.

*That's an official fundraising term for people who donate a lot less than they can afford.

Yeah, I didn't know the strategy behind how they priced the Mezz. access.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2018, 11:17:44 AM »
At some point, B&G has to recognize that Millennials are going to be their base 20 years from now, and given that they have proven to be an extremely difficult nut to crack, they really need to start building those relationships now.  Not to mention, alienating Gen X - who I would presume makes up a big portion of that "I can do $500, but WTF is up with the $4,000 ask?!?" today isn't going to help a cohort that seems like it's finally willing to look past the massive DP ("DiUlio-Potawatomi") it took back in '94.

In short, I really hope B&G isn't selling out the future to get a few years of revenue boosts.

Preach, brother Benjamin.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2018, 11:57:33 AM »
Agreed.

Look, if anyone thinks Fiserv wasn't coming with a price increase.......

I think we all knew that. Honestly, what I would rather they had done was take the room that is for all STHs and make it for donors at the $750, $1,000, or $1,500 level. I expected price increases and felt ticket price increases were more than fair, as were the mandated donation increases. I was even okay with segregating the lower and upper rows of the same section by different price points.

My issue is more that they took a benefit away from those mid-tier donors that made a point to send regular checks to the B&G fund. If anything, the old B&G room was an incentive for people that didn't write any B&G checks to start doing so. Private bathrooms, coat check, private bar, and a few snacks was well worth the price of admission. With points seemingly worth less, I have to imagine many of those donors will be less likely to donate in the future.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2018, 01:30:50 PM »
I think we all knew that. Honestly, what I would rather they had done was take the room that is for all STHs and make it for donors at the $750, $1,000, or $1,500 level. I expected price increases and felt ticket price increases were more than fair, as were the mandated donation increases. I was even okay with segregating the lower and upper rows of the same section by different price points.

My issue is more that they took a benefit away from those mid-tier donors that made a point to send regular checks to the B&G fund. If anything, the old B&G room was an incentive for people that didn't write any B&G checks to start doing so. Private bathrooms, coat check, private bar, and a few snacks was well worth the price of admission. With points seemingly worth less, I have to imagine many of those donors will be less likely to donate in the future.

Concur.  Seemingly a bit of a strategic blunder.  Now that said, I haven't been in the concourse level mid-tier.  Because it's fair to say that B&G was a glorified hallway.  Wait, it actually was a hallway.  But your point still stands brother brew.  BTW, I think I can score you and extra clear BP!   ;D

Warrior3211

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2018, 09:24:10 AM »
I didn't think it was that complex, but jumping the baseline booster room experience from $500 to $4,000 is a significant hike.

I talked to someone at the open house asking about B&G room and where to hang our coats. I'm told that the only spot they couldve had a BG room was the club at the very top of FiFo and it didn't seem like it would have a draw since nobody wants to go up there to get a coat at the end of the game.  They also mentioned the price of the rooms and the one in the bmo club is $12,000 (same as at BC), mezz is $4,000 which is only a hike of $1,000 from courtside club, and the drop of BG room was because the lack of a convenient space.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
I talked to someone at the open house asking about B&G room and where to hang our coats. I'm told that the only spot they couldve had a BG room was the club at the very top of FiFo and it didn't seem like it would have a draw since nobody wants to go up there to get a coat at the end of the game.  They also mentioned the price of the rooms and the one in the bmo club is $12,000 (same as at BC), mezz is $4,000 which is only a hike of $1,000 from courtside club, and the drop of BG room was because the lack of a convenient space.

If that's the case, I'm feeling a bit better about this... it sucks that they pulley a bene, but I can understand why.

Did you ask about the Gameday Brunch?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback