[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NBA Thread 2019-20  (Read 219548 times)

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: NBA Thread 2019-20
« Reply #1125 on: January 29, 2020, 02:29:02 PM »
He said best shooting team ever assembled. That’s all I was objecting to. Not the overall dominance of the team in totality, which is undeniable

Statistically, this Bucks team only trails the 2016-17 and 2017-18 team in terms of EFG: .564 v. .561

The 2018-19 Golden State team also finished at .561

In terms of three point shooting, this Bucks team isn't even in the top ten THIS year. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1126 on: January 29, 2020, 02:33:42 PM »
He said best shooting team ever assembled. That’s all I was objecting to. Not the overall dominance of the team in totality, which is undeniable
Ok, yes I would agree but it is pretty close.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1127 on: January 29, 2020, 02:49:37 PM »
For the record, I said "possibly ever," aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1128 on: January 29, 2020, 02:58:53 PM »
At this point I do not think anyone can beat the Buck's in a seven game series. As noted, only way to beat them is to outshoot them and that can be done from time to time, but not in seven game series. If they stay healthy and do not win the whole thing I will be disappointed. That said, the death of Kobe has me worried about the Lakers. I could see them swinging for the fences to win it for Kobe.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #1129 on: January 29, 2020, 03:35:15 PM »
At this point I do not think anyone can beat the Buck's in a seven game series. As noted, only way to beat them is to outshoot them and that can be done from time to time, but not in seven game series. If they stay healthy and do not win the whole thing I will be disappointed. That said, the death of Kobe has me worried about the Lakers. I could see them swinging for the fences to win it for Kobe.
I dont think Lakers are even second best team in west. They do not have the depth to get it done. That will bite them in the ass in a long season and playoffs.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1130 on: January 29, 2020, 10:46:07 PM »
Khris has been really good this year, but he turns it up a notch when Giannis is out. They aren't exactly complementary talents, so it's fun to watch when Khris is given the keys. Dude can score from wherever he wants

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #1131 on: January 30, 2020, 08:53:02 AM »
Khris has been really good this year, but he turns it up a notch when Giannis is out. They aren't exactly complementary talents, so it's fun to watch when Khris is given the keys. Dude can score from wherever he wants

How are they not complementary? 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1132 on: January 31, 2020, 05:04:43 PM »
The other day, Draymond Green dribbled the ball inbounds instead of passing it in. Green has always been considered a guy with great Bkb IQ, but he and Kerr could do nothing but laugh after ref blew his whistle.

Barkley recently had a great line about Green, who was known for trash talking.

"He does s lot less talking now that he's averaging a triple-single for a terrible team."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1133 on: February 06, 2020, 12:31:31 PM »
No idea who is on what team
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #1134 on: February 06, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »
No idea who is on what team

The ones with the same color uniform are on the same team.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1135 on: February 08, 2020, 12:35:14 PM »
Ludum habemus.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #1136 on: February 08, 2020, 01:46:02 PM »
Nearly 15 years after the Bucks considered drafting him #1 overall in 2005.  They chose Bogut.  Williams went to Atlanta #2.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1137 on: February 09, 2020, 06:08:10 PM »
All y'all Bucks fans got a hell of a guy in Marvin Williams.

Super smart, a real leader, and the exact opposite of "ego-driven." He's obviously lost a step or three, but he is very good at positional defense, and he's a connect-the-dot guy on offense. He's what every teammate he's ever had calls a "true professional."

I think he still has a little left in the tank, and I hope so because the Bucks would really benefit if he does.

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1138 on: February 10, 2020, 12:13:18 PM »

Super smart, a real leader, and the exact opposite of "ego-driven." He's obviously lost a step or three, but he is very good at positional defense, and he's a connect-the-dot guy on offense. He's what every teammate he's ever had calls a "true professional."

I think he still has a little left in the tank, and I hope so because the Bucks would really benefit if he does.

Cool to see. I think he'll fit in nicely. Any defensive deficiencies he might have as he ages tends to get cleaned up by how well Brook Lopez is playing inside. Certainly has more defensive prowess than Ersan (charges notwithstanding)

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1139 on: February 10, 2020, 02:27:13 PM »

Was actually having a discussion about him earlier in the season with a buddy of mine.  People had been inclined to label him a "bust" of sorts earlier in his career, cause he didn't have the kind of career people expect out of a top 2 pick.  They ignore that he was super raw and wasn't even a top 3 option on that 2005 UNC champ team. He's been a pretty consistent player, aside from a bad fit his short time in Utah, and developed in the NBA.  I think he also unfortunately played on pretty bad teams his whole career.  He's been a good 10-5 guy who has improved his shooting over the last decade actually turned into a nice 3pt option the last few years.  I think he should actually fit in very well.

Unrelated, unfortunately he's been getting attention for a very justified outburst at officials after that joke of a finish in the Blazers-Jazz game, but Dame Lillard has been absolutely unconscious.  In 2020, hes averaging 35-5-8 a game and a stupid 46% from 3.  Over his last 10 games?  42 a game and 52% from 3.  Thats including 2 games where he went 1-6 and 3-9 and scored 21 and 26 respectively.  Take those out, 46 and 55% from 3 over his last 8.  Thats just video game mode.  He's probably my favorite player in the league when he goes nuclear, just must watch TV.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1140 on: February 10, 2020, 10:27:33 PM »
Was actually having a discussion about him earlier in the season with a buddy of mine.  People had been inclined to label him a "bust" of sorts earlier in his career, cause he didn't have the kind of career people expect out of a top 2 pick.  They ignore that he was super raw and wasn't even a top 3 option on that 2005 UNC champ team. He's been a pretty consistent player, aside from a bad fit his short time in Utah, and developed in the NBA.  I think he also unfortunately played on pretty bad teams his whole career.  He's been a good 10-5 guy who has improved his shooting over the last decade actually turned into a nice 3pt option the last few years.  I think he should actually fit in very well.

Unrelated, unfortunately he's been getting attention for a very justified outburst at officials after that joke of a finish in the Blazers-Jazz game, but Dame Lillard has been absolutely unconscious.  In 2020, hes averaging 35-5-8 a game and a stupid 46% from 3.  Over his last 10 games?  42 a game and 52% from 3.  Thats including 2 games where he went 1-6 and 3-9 and scored 21 and 26 respectively.  Take those out, 46 and 55% from 3 over his last 8.  Thats just video game mode.  He's probably my favorite player in the league when he goes nuclear, just must watch TV.

Lillard has been ridiculous. I always liked watching him play, and he's taken his game to another level.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1141 on: February 16, 2020, 11:41:03 PM »
Fun 4th quarter of All-Star Game. Guys played hard.

I like that they named the MVP award after Kobe. Kawhi showed real emotion after winning it.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1142 on: February 17, 2020, 08:32:26 AM »

I like that they named the MVP award after Kobe. Kawhi showed real emotion after winning it.

I love the idea of that format, and it was successful. But I do think it's hard for the refs to adjust from lob-show to playoff intensity from one quarter to the next.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1143 on: February 17, 2020, 09:24:22 AM »

The irony of a guy who just sat out an entire season to force his way out of a city he won a championship with, one of the best run franchises in the history of the NBA with one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport coaching it, because he didn't think they could attract the start talent he needed next to him to win titles, who now requires about 20% of his season be "load management" to save himself for the Playoffs, winning the "Koby Bryant All Star MVP Award" (which, in my opinion, the Koby tributes were overkill, but that's another argument) is not lost on me.  Koby ran stars out of town because he couldn't stand sharing the glory, and then went out and won Titles with lesser talent.  I'd also love to hear Koby talk about the idea of "load management."  A guy who went and shot his free throws after he tore his achilles and shot the ball left handed the rest of a game when he messed up his right shoulder mid game.

Someone like Giannis or Westbrook (whose game I can't stand, but at least I can respect that he would go hard playing against a bunch of old men at a YMCA if he walked into one) are the type of players Koby was.  Kawhi?  Nah.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #1144 on: February 17, 2020, 09:45:09 AM »
Had it on for a couple of minutes early on. It was tough to watch. Flipped!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1145 on: February 17, 2020, 09:45:37 AM »
I wonder if anyone does a time study today to determine which was longer - the National Anthem or the Irishman.

Somewhere today, Rosanne is rolling over in her grave laughing.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #1146 on: February 17, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »
I wonder if anyone does a time study today to determine which was longer - the National Anthem or the Irishman.

Somewhere today, Rosanne is rolling over in her grave laughing.

Not to mention, it is really an awful song.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1147 on: February 17, 2020, 10:01:34 AM »
The irony of a guy who just sat out an entire season to force his way out of a city he won a championship with, one of the best run franchises in the history of the NBA with one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport coaching it, because he didn't think they could attract the start talent he needed next to him to win titles, who now requires about 20% of his season be "load management" to save himself for the Playoffs, winning the "Koby Bryant All Star MVP Award" (which, in my opinion, the Koby tributes were overkill, but that's another argument) is not lost on me.  Koby ran stars out of town because he couldn't stand sharing the glory, and then went out and won Titles with lesser talent.  I'd also love to hear Koby talk about the idea of "load management."  A guy who went and shot his free throws after he tore his achilles and shot the ball left handed the rest of a game when he messed up his right shoulder mid game.

Someone like Giannis or Westbrook (whose game I can't stand, but at least I can respect that he would go hard playing against a bunch of old men at a YMCA if he walked into one) are the type of players Koby was.  Kawhi?  Nah.

First ... Kobe. (Sorry to be that guy ... but c'mon wades!)

I forgot the game was on and didn't start watching until about halfway through the fourth quarter. But yes, the Kobe tributes have been way over the top in general. At least it made sense to do one (or even a couple) at the NBA ASG just a few weeks after he died.

I respect the hell out of Leonard's talent, but he leaves a little to be desired as a "face of a franchise" guy. I love the fact that Toronto is winning without him; even though I like Rivers, it would be funny as hell if the Raptors got back to the Finals but Leonard didn't.

As for "load management," I get it on a limited scale. Even Giannis has taken a couple games off. But to sit out 1/4 to 1/3 of the schedule, it's totally cheating the fans who pay him, and cheating the game itself.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1148 on: February 22, 2020, 09:21:59 PM »
If the Bucks get the Middleton of the regular season in the Playoffs they might not lose a game until the Finals.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1149 on: February 24, 2020, 08:56:32 PM »
If the Bucks get the Middleton of the regular season in the Playoffs they might not lose a game until the Finals.

down by 7 in OT, he just scored the bucks last 9 to hold on for the win.  no letting up in these guys-goin for the gold!
don't...don't don't don't don't

feedback