[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lockity lock 3  (Read 2539 times)

burger

• All American
Lockity lock 3
« on: October 20, 2018, 06:03:53 PM »
You mean how CNN reported that the lava hit the water in Hawaii and instantly spawned 'hydrochloric" acid"......LOL!......

So every left wing rag over the next week was saying that the deadly "hydrochloric cloud" could kill anyone that came close.....

Was quite amusing.....

I guess libs don't take "chemistry class".....

Dumbases......It is sulfur.....in Lava......and sulfuric acid that is formed.....

You can not make up how dumb the left is.....When they think they are so so smart!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:30:12 PM by rocky_warrior »

forgetful

• All American
Re: lockity lock 3
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 07:09:22 PM »
You mean how CNN reported that the lava hit the water in Hawaii and instantly spawned 'hydrochloric" acid"......LOL!......

So every left wing rag over the next week was saying that the deadly "hydrochloric cloud" could kill anyone that came close.....

Was quite amusing.....

Dumbases......It is sulfur.....in Lava......and sulfuric acid that is formed.....

You can not make up how dumb the left is.....When they think they are so so smart!

Are you serious?  HCl (hydrochloric acid when mixed with water, or water vapor) is generated when lava enters water.  It is a complex reaction generated by intense heat and the boiling off of sea water.  The result is that the chloride in sea water, through a series of steps, generates HCl gas that mixes with the water vapor to create clouds contains hydrochloric acid. 

Your statement regarding sulfur is entirely different.  It results from SO2 gas present in the gaseous emissions of a volcano mixing with water vapor to create sulfuric acid (also bad).  You also generate small amounts of Hydrofluoric acid (HF) via complex mechanisms.  This is the most dangerous species (a small amount is fatal), but does not accumulate to sufficient levels to be deadly.

Go back to chemistry, or take a class in geochemistry.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 08:04:52 PM »
Are you serious?  HCl (hydrochloric acid when mixed with water, or water vapor) is generated when lava enters water.  It is a complex reaction generated by intense heat and the boiling off of sea water.  The result is that the chloride in sea water, through a series of steps, generates HCl gas that mixes with the water vapor to create clouds contains hydrochloric acid. 

Your statement regarding sulfur is entirely different.  It results from SO2 gas present in the gaseous emissions of a volcano mixing with water vapor to create sulfuric acid (also bad).  You also generate small amounts of Hydrofluoric acid (HF) via complex mechanisms.  This is the most dangerous species (a small amount is fatal), but does not accumulate to sufficient levels to be deadly.

Go back to chemistry, or take a class in geochemistry.

Sounds like the morning after a second helping of the Marquette special, cheese and onions.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 11:03:45 PM »

Was quite amusing.....

🙄go inhale 🙄 have fun!
Goal is National Championship

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2018, 11:26:24 PM »
Sounds like the morning after a second helping of the Marquette special, cheese and onions.

The chemistry is indeed quite similar.  Equally as explosive too.

burger

• All American
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 09:45:06 AM »
I guess when you go to the Lava flow at the Volcano National Park and they warn you not to go to close to the water because of the "Sulfuric Gas" emissions and the wind changes directions they must be "mis-speaking"....Please be careful if you go out there after "Ranger Hours" at 5 p.m......Because you will melt your sneakers....

This is not a "beaker" in chemistry class where you can "create" Chlorine Gas in a "complex chemical" method which does not "exist" in "nature" in a gaseous form and dissipates quickly.....Must have been confused with that natural "occurring gas" in Syria......

Sulfuric acid on the other hand is quite common in nature (see Yosemite)....

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 10:10:20 AM »
The chemistry is indeed quite similar.  Equally as explosive too.

I don't know about you but I always offer a sacrifice of a Marquette Special when I make my pilgrimage to Madame Pele.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »
I guess when you go to the Lava flow at the Volcano National Park and they warn you not to go to close to the water because of the "Sulfuric Gas" emissions and the wind changes directions they must be "mis-speaking"....Please be careful if you go out there after "Ranger Hours" at 5 p.m......Because you will melt your sneakers....

This is not a "beaker" in chemistry class where you can "create" Chlorine Gas in a "complex chemical" method which does not "exist" in "nature" in a gaseous form and dissipates quickly.....Must have been confused with that natural "occurring gas" in Syria......

Sulfuric acid on the other hand is quite common in nature (see Yosemite)....

You are wrong.  And out of your league on this one.  Here are the three primary reactions, occurring at high heat.

MgCl2  +  H20 (steam)  -->  MgO    +    2 HCl (gas)
2 NaCl  + H20 (steam)  -->  Na2O    +    2 HCl (gas)
CaCl2  +  H20 (steam)  -->  CaO    +    2 HCl (gas)

All three of the salts are quite abundant in sea water.  The lava plenty hot to boil off the water and favor the formation of HCl gas.

Gasses released by a volcanic eruption (volcano national park) and those created from interactions with sea water, are not the same thing.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 04:23:30 PM »
I had some really bad gas last Sunday

Deadly

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:04:51 PM »

Deadly
All your doing  ;D
Goal is National Championship

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »

Deadly

At they gym no less.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 07:29:31 PM »
Since burger decided to make this political, I'm going to lock it, but also give buger a source to dispute his claims that he may not deem the dumb left...

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/05/21/hawaii-lava-flows-create-poisonous-laze-cloud-after-reaching-the-ocean/