[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Oldgym
[Today at 12:14:42 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 11:39:07 AM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by BrewCity83
[Today at 11:26:20 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Jimmy Butler  (Read 30465 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Jimmy Butler
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2018, 08:50:47 PM »

Exactly.

My God grab the fainting couch for ole rocket.

dude, all this started when i disagreed with your opinion of a leader...and i still do.  jb is going about this all wrong.  and i repeat, he's good, but he's getting some bad advice
don't...don't don't don't don't

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2018, 08:53:34 PM »
  yes yes yes!!!  i like how you covered this-jimmy is good!  play ball and save the bullschmit for your closed door meetings with the gm and owner.  i think jimmy would have had more of the fans support if he did just that.  now he's divided them,causing mixed feelings with many.  unless an owner/gm thinks he has the better way to deal with jb, go for it...until he get's p!ssed off again.  there is a better way to do this
According to SVG administration liked what he did
https://twitter.com/_marcusd3_/status/1050156091508760578?s=21
Goal is National Championship

tower912

• All American
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2018, 09:07:42 PM »
He led.  He showed the young guys what leadership and heart is.  I would want him on the Pistons in a heartbeat.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
  what??  seriously??  fyi, i did not, not let her.  i may have discouraged it from a professional office setting pov. and, i was being the boss, making a sound decision to save our jobs.  maybe you guys in the college "PR" business can get away with this stuff, not a small town professional healthcare facility. 

nice shutdown argument though

No, it means you really don't have a good idea how to manage employees in a workplace. 

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:04 PM »
Jimmy stepped up and proved his point.  Leader.

+1

Confused at all the talk of him being arrogant etc.  He flat out said, he isn't the most talented person on the team, he's not the most athletic, he isn't the best, but he works the hardest, and then showed them what hard work can accomplish.

His whole statement was essentially, if you all work this hard, we will win and be dominant, because they all should be better than him.

That is a leader.  That is not being arrogant, he owns the fact that he isn't the best.  He just wants them all to show up and do there job.

How is that a bad thing?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2018, 09:13:30 PM »
dude, all this started when i disagreed with your opinion of a leader...and i still do. 

I'd rather be lead by someone who shows some heart and leads by example than by someone who flips out when their employee shaves their head.

So yeah, I don't agree with your concept of leadership.

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2018, 10:17:59 PM »

I'd rather be lead by someone who shows some heart and leads by example than by someone who flips out when their employee shaves their head.

So yeah, I don't agree with your concept of leadership.

Yep. In my experience on both sides, people respond to their leader’s passion and sober positivity. They do not respond to arbitrary exercises of authority.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2018, 11:09:22 PM »
I wouldn't want him near the Bucks and am glad that the reports are the Bucks were offered him for Middleton and they turned it down.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2018, 11:22:32 PM »
Jimmy stepped up and proved his point.  Leader.

Nailing your teammate’s girlfriend is not being a leader.

If he were a Badger or Domer instead of an Eagle everyone here would be calling him out for the diva he is showing himself to be and this self serving spectacle he put on today.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2018, 01:26:02 AM »
If you gave 100%, rode your teammates, pushed them to follow your lead, motivated and supported them, and they didn’t respond. And furthermore, management didn’t support you but instead catered to those teammates, would you rather the player continue to sit and say nothing and “deal with it” to the detriment of both the team, and their career? Genuinely curious.

And again? A jerk? A public call for people to be better and work? That’s soft. KAT talked crap to Butler at the start and got embarrassed.  This makes the Wolves organization look soft and mismanaged with their team structure and priorities more than Jimmy the bully.

Love DJO on the squad that ran with him to dominate the starters

Was it confirmed DJO was on that squad?
Maigh Eo for Sam

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 04:33:08 AM »

If he were a Badger or Domer instead of an Eagle everyone here would be calling him out for the diva he is showing himself to be and this self serving spectacle he put on today.

No I wouldn’t.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 04:33:48 AM »
I wouldn't want him near the Bucks and am glad that the reports are the Bucks were offered him for Middleton and they turned it down.

Bucks don’t need him with Giannis. And Midddleton fits better in his role. So I agree with you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 04:37:38 AM by Sultan of South Wayne »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 04:36:41 AM »

First, she's a grown woman why is it Jimmys fault and not hers? She's the one who cheated on a relationship. Second has this been confirmed to be a girlfriend and not a NBA "groupie"?
Maigh Eo for Sam

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 04:49:05 AM »

No, it means you really don't have a good idea how to manage employees in a workplace.

32 years and i've only had to fire exactly 4 people...speaks for itself.  i had 2 people carried over from my dads tenure whom he hired before i arrived.  original office manager had 34 with my dad and 18 more with me.  my original assistant had 12 years with my dad and 32 with me,  hygienist has been with me 30 years,  new office mgr-12, front reception 8 and 10.  year over year growth.   
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2018, 06:01:41 AM »
There are different types of leadership.   And there is a vast array of personality types.    Every leader has a slightly different leadership style.    Running a dental practice does not require the same kind of leadership as being the leader on a basketball team.    Neither is necessarily better than the other.     The important things are knowing yourself, knowing the people you work with, knowing your situation, and then putting together the best combination that you can.
    I wouldn't want Jimmy running a dental practice with his style.    I am not sure your style would be the best for trying to rally a young professional basketball team that is trying to compete in the Western Conference of the NBA.     Against all of those superstars and super teams. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

tower912

• All American
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2018, 06:29:53 AM »
Why was Jimmy Butler beloved his last two years at Marquette?   Because he competed fearlessly against bigger players, guarded 5 positions on the floor, didn't shy away from the big moments, and was generally the toughest SOB on the floor.    He had that in him then, and Buzz brought it out.   

What has been one of the laments under Wojo?    That these guys aren't as physical, aren't as tough, don't punch above their weight like a Buzz team. 

Butler exhibits the same type of chip-on-the-shoulder, most-extreme-work-ethic attitude in an NBA practice against guys he perceives as soft and some of the MU fandom turns on him?     For bringing the same ethos to an NBA camp that made him a hero at MU?    He's not a prima donna.     He's JFB.    What made him great at MU is what continues to drive him.   

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2018, 07:05:42 AM »
32 years and i've only had to fire exactly 4 people...speaks for itself.  i had 2 people carried over from my dads tenure whom he hired before i arrived.  original office manager had 34 with my dad and 18 more with me.  my original assistant had 12 years with my dad and 32 with me,  hygienist has been with me 30 years,  new office mgr-12, front reception 8 and 10.  year over year growth.
that's great!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2018, 07:51:17 AM »
First, she's a grown woman why is it Jimmys fault and not hers? She's the one who cheated on a relationship. Second has this been confirmed to be a girlfriend and not a NBA "groupie"?

It’s all rumor and speculation which Towns even refuted online. Using that as a reason why Jimmy isn’t a good leader is a hilarious reach.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »
As is often the case, truth is in the middle. Right, wrong, or indifferent, JB is showing he is good at basketball while getting some repeated bad PR off the court.

Some of the things are silly easily avoidable things, especially the public instead of private nature of them.  I am top of my head thinking of his poor boundaries with other guy’s wives/girlfriends and the public nature of those incidents.

THRILLHO

• All American
    • twitter feed
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2018, 08:12:47 AM »
Schooling the starters with a bunch of bench guys is epic.

Shouting obnoxious expletives at the owner isn’t.

Counterpoint: We should all be shouting obnoxious expletives at billionaires all the time!

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2018, 08:23:02 AM »

Everyone good with this line of shaming the woman? Cuz this reads... inelegantly to me.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:25 AM »
Butler exhibits the same type of chip-on-the-shoulder, most-extreme-work-ethic attitude in an NBA practice against guys he perceives as soft and some of the MU fandom turns on him?     For bringing the same ethos to an NBA camp that made him a hero at MU?    He's not a prima donna.     He's JFB.    What made him great at MU is what continues to drive him.   

Saying the guy made a bad move or was being a jerk isn't turning on him. And if Jimmy had screamed at Buzz or other members of the staff the way he did with Tibs yesterday, I think many MU fans would have had a different impression of him then as well. If he called his college teammates out on Twitter or in interviews, many MU fans would have said it was a bad look or a selfish thing to do.

Just having worn the blue and gold doesn't make someone a saint. You can like a guy and want him to succeed but still be disappointed or frustrated with the way he carries himself at times. I can't believe this needs to be explained.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:35:59 AM by skianth16 »

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:12 AM »
Everyone good with this line of shaming the woman? Cuz this reads... inelegantly to me.

Come on. If she really cheated on someone, she deserves to be criticized. 

MUeng

• All American
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »
It appears Galway eagle has a strong gender bias.  Hopefully Galway eagle can figure it out someday

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:12 AM »
It appears Galway eagle has a strong gender bias.  Hopefully Galway eagle can figure it out someday

on the contrary, i believe in equality. Holding someone accountable for cheating whether they're a woman or a man is not a bias it's equality.

If you walk into your house and your significant other is cheating do you blame the person he/she is cheating with? If so then why? They weren't in a relationship with you. You might not like them because they ignored your relationship but the person to blame is the one who does the actual cheating.

In this particular instance i believe I would have a strong argument that by not holding her accountable and choosing to hold Jimmy accountable  has a greater bias as it essentially insinuates that a man is responsible for a woman's sexual actions rather than her having ownership over them.

There's such a thing as criticism to parties at fault without calling it "shaming". We do not know Jimmy and KAT's relationship. They could've been teammates and that's it. In this case there's no bond or promises that are broken by Jimmy for sleeping with his girlfriend. The breaking of promises lands on the girlfriend in this instance. Now if they were BFFs or something you could make a case otherwise.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:07:13 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam