[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 02:30:34 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU's Greg Elliot Out 10-12 Weeks with re-injured hand. . . rats!  (Read 18058 times)

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
Re: MU's Greg Elliot Out 10-12 Weeks with re-injured hand. . . rats!
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 01:54:43 PM »
I’ve seen those posts also. And in none of the posts are his right hand seen. (Atleast that I could more or recall)

Same thing is true with JB

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:27 PM »
Bummer if true.

But my redshirt choice was Greg before this news, and now it makes even more sense. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 02:45:10 PM »
Not to throw water on the fire, but Greg is on the Marquette Basketball Instagram stories, which were created yesterday but posted today.....in which both hands are clearly visible and neither are braced/taped in anyway which you would anticipate with a complete tear of ligaments. Not saying it's not true, just saying I'm not jumping off the roof just yet

Insta Trakka

There you go looking for hard evidence again.  What are you, an engineer or something?
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MuMark

• All American

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
Not to throw water on the fire, but Greg is on the Marquette Basketball Instagram stories, which were created yesterday but posted today.....in which both hands are clearly visible and neither are braced/taped in anyway which you would anticipate with a complete tear of ligaments. Not saying it's not true, just saying I'm not jumping off the roof just yet

Insta Trakka

Yeah but is he holding a newspaper with today's date

Edit: read the most recent post. It opens up the redshirt option, but I doubt he takes it. On ball minutes will be available since I doubt they want Markus on ball for considerable stretches
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 07:04:01 PM by GB Warrior »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 07:43:35 PM »
Yeah but is he holding a newspaper with today's date

He's 20 years old.  He has no idea what a newspaper is.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 08:02:10 PM »
Figurin' Crimmins will put him back together. I'm in da redshirt camp. 3 months in a cast sucks ass along with the atrophy and adhesions ta deal wit, hey?

"atrophy"?  that's why they teach em to use both hands, eyn'a? :D
don't...don't don't don't don't

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 09:50:15 PM »
Damn. Get well soon Greg. Was possibly the player I was most looking forward to watching this season. Love his defense and attitude.

8-12 weeks has him out to a minimum of early December. 12 weeks would be the entire non-conference and possibly 1 or 2 conference games. Definitely brings up the question of a redshirt. I doubt they make a decision until the injury is healed. But if we are playing well and haven't lost anybody else, I wouldn't be surprised to see them use a redshirt. While this is definitely sucky news, an extra year of Greg would be a nice silver lining. Kid has a lot of talent.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2018, 10:24:00 PM »
Figurin' Crimmins will put him back together. I'm in da redshirt camp. 3 months in a cast sucks ass along with the atrophy and adhesions ta deal wit, hey?
Really tough blow for a great young man and the team. I am definitely in the red shirt camp as well. You are on point with the atrophy and adhesion issues he will have to deal with.  By the time he is really ready to go , the season will be over.

Greg was going to be a very important part of our team this year. While we have a lot of depth , Greg brought a lot to the table in terms of what it takes to win at the Big East level.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2018, 11:37:37 PM »
I think GE being out hurts a ton. Guard is the position where I think MU is thinnest. Open to debate I’m sure but here is a question, how much better can Sacar and Jamal get between now and the start of BE play? Right now MU does not have a PG that has proven himself. JC played well at Fordham and Marcus has worked hard to improve his PG skills but a lot of unknowns with regard to PG. I hope my concerns are unfounded. End of the day there is still a ton of talent on the roster. Feel bad for GE, Kid has moxy and talent. Save GE.....

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2018, 11:41:31 PM »
I think GE being out hurts a ton. Guard is the position where I think MU is thinnest. Open to debate I’m sure but here is a question, how much better can Sacar and Jamal get between now and the start of BE play? Right now MU does not have a PG that has proven himself. JC played well at Fordham and Marcus has worked hard to improve his PG skills but a lot of unknowns with regard to PG. I hope my concerns are unfounded. End of the day there is still a ton of talent on the roster. Feel bad for GE, Kid has moxy and talent. Save GE.....

It's not like Greg has proven himself as a starting PG in the BE.  Markus and JC are both far more proven college point guards than GE.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

tower912

• All American
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 06:39:41 AM »
The question is whether Sacar, Jamal, Brendan, Sam, Joey can stay in front of a guard attacking the rack.    Greg's absence will show up on defense more than offense.    When Joe or Markus come out, will the assorted wings be able to shooting guards?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

manny31

• Starter
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 06:54:55 AM »
It's not like Greg has proven himself as a starting PG in the BE.  Markus and JC are both far more proven college point guards than GE.

JC and Marcus are “more” proven but not much on the shelf after those two and I think/thought GE would have been a possible answer now the choices as to who backs up JC and Marcus are limited. Still, I am optimistic.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 07:15:14 AM »
We can go back to the 18-19 minutes discussion but this pushes Markus above the 30 number for sure.  What I see happening is Sacar sliding into the 3rd guard role playing 15 of his minutes at that position.  This will seemingly decrease his minutes at the SF spot opening them up for guys like Cain, etc.  We're okay now but this surely means that both Markus and Chartouny NEED to stay healthy the full season for us to maximize our potential.  No decision will be made about a RS until we approach conference but an extended injury to either would force Wojo's hand.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »
We're okay now but this surely means that both Markus and Chartouny NEED to stay healthy the full season for us to maximize our potential. 

And they need to stay out of foul trouble. *looks at Markus*

tower912

• All American
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 08:48:04 AM »
More zone?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 12:22:38 PM »
Now starting ay Point Center, Joey Hauser.

(que the folks who want to argue the JH won't play center)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2018, 12:33:12 PM »
More zone?

But you have to give it a chance. so like 8-10 full games. Win or lose. Then you'll know if you can play zone.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »
But you have to give it a chance. so like 8-10 full games. Win or lose. Then you'll know if you can play zone.

What are you talking about?  Repetition and consistency are a waste of time in any endeavor.  It is good to be manic, knee jerk, and inconsistent.  A sure fire formula for success.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »
What are you talking about?  Repetition and consistency are a waste of time in any endeavor.  It is good to be manic, knee jerk, and inconsistent.  A sure fire formula for success.

Nice. Well played

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2018, 09:54:15 PM »
Bardo just said on the broadcast that Elliott will be back some time in December. Hadn't heard an updated timeline before. Hope it is true!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 09:56:10 PM by TAMU Eagle »
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU gimp ONE

• Team Captain
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
So 8-12 weeks puts Greg back anywhere from last week to early January.  Has there been any word from Wojo or the athletic department, that i may have missed, about when we can expect Greg back?
"You know, most people would kill... to be treated like a god, just for a few moments." - Coach Norman Dale

tower912

• All American
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2018, 03:08:32 PM »
So 8-12 weeks puts Greg back anywhere from last week to early January.  Has there been any word from Wojo or the athletic department, that i may have missed, about when we can expect Greg back?
Greg was still wearing a plastic splint on Saturday.

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2018, 03:09:29 PM »
The title of this thread scared me when it re-appeared
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2018, 03:28:55 PM »
I really hope he can come back and contribute, for his sake as well as the team's. I love the competitiveness and toughness he showed last year, and have to say he has such a charismatic and likable personality in the social media the program puts out and in the in-game entertainment videos. Seems like a great guy to have in the program. Love his reaction in this picture from last weekend:

feedback