'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Quinerly not living up to expectations; pops off  (Read 6901 times)

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
Re: Quinerly not living up to expectations; pops off
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »
Earl Tatum.Grimes is not overrated.You will see.People said the same thing about Butch Lee when he had a stretch when he struggled his Freshman year.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 04:07:18 PM »
I agree but Vander and JJJ were boarderline 5stars by one service each. JQ was a verified All American and those guys generally have the expectation they'll be able to showcase themselves

Quinerly was 29th in the RSCI composite, with no system giving him a rank higher than 26. He may have been an All American, but he was still a fringe 5-star.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »
Quinerly was 29th in the RSCI composite, with no system giving him a rank higher than 26. He may have been an All American, but he was still a fringe 5-star.

Really? Huh the nova fans on HLOH were acting like he was a top 20 recruit
Maigh Eo for Sam

Class71

• All American
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2018, 05:28:20 PM »
Am I the only one tired of hearing about Wojo and comparing him to Wright? Can we get past all of this and simply focus on our success to date. If we keep winning we should all be happy. Frankly I do not give a rats ___ if I was right or wrong about Wojo nor should you. In fact if we win I do not care if he is the worst coach in the world or the best. Yes, it is all about winning for Marquette. Nothing more.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

MU82

• All American
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 08:36:46 AM »
Am I the only one tired of hearing about Wojo and comparing him to Wright? Can we get past all of this and simply focus on our success to date.

This is all cool as long as dozens of Scoopers don't react to the next loss as if Wojo is the worst coach ever.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2018, 08:51:40 AM »
Tired of hearing about Wojo?  Odd choice for  a  MU basketball site where former coaches are still frequently discussed and compared.

Comparing him to Wright?  There isn't one currently.  It sprung up as a response to calls for Wojo's head.  I hereby pledge to not compare Wojo's first few years to Wright's until somebody posts 'Fire Wojo' after Marquette's next loss or narrower than expected victory.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 02:32:09 PM »
This is all cool as long as dozens of Scoopers don't react to the next loss as if Wojo is the worst coach ever.
It is worse at a barbershop in a small town in Indiana after the high school team loses a big game.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »
Am I the only one tired of hearing about Wojo and comparing him to Wright? Can we get past all of this and simply focus on our success to date. If we keep winning we should all be happy. Frankly I do not give a rats ___ if I was right or wrong about Wojo nor should you. In fact if we win I do not care if he is the worst coach in the world or the best. Yes, it is all about winning for Marquette. Nothing more.

It's never going to be "all about winning" at Marquette......might want to start following SEC football schools if winning is the be all end all for you.

feedback