'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2018-19 Concerns  (Read 10251 times)

tower912

• All American
2018-19 Concerns
« on: September 18, 2018, 01:33:30 PM »
Less than previous years, that is to be sure
1.  Defense
2.  Defense
3.  Defense
4. Minutes/Rotation
5. Chemistry

The pieces are there.   The size is there.   The experience is there.    The season hinges on how well the team plays defense.    Almost period.   But not quite.    Finding minutes, as well as building and keeping the chemistry positive are the other two things I can see that could keep this team from achieving.    My expectations are top 3 in the Big East and a 5 seed or better in the tourney. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GGGG

• All American
Re: 2018-19 Concerns
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 01:37:57 PM »
Another concern IMO is balanced scoring and not being so reliant on the outside shot.  We were better last year at getting things going toward the basket, but I think that has to continue to improve.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 01:39:30 PM »
Based on what I've read here...

1.  Price of beer at the FF
2.  Defense
3.  Defense
4. Minutes/Rotation
5. Chemistry

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
I wouldn't even be that worried about minutes/rotation.  It all comes back to defense.  Other than our two potential all conference players (one who is a good defender when healthy), everyone's minutes will be determined by defense.  After Sam and Markus, a lot of players are comparable on offense (Jamal might shoot the 3 better, while Sacar slashes better, and Greg puts up better assist numbers.  Ed might get more offensive boards and put backs, while Joey can stretch the D more).  If someone gets burned 2 or 3 possessions in a row, pull em.  We're past the level of being able to get away with being a one way player.  Everyone plays 2 ways or they sit.  If you don't like it, work harder on defense.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2018, 02:17:14 PM »
Not really worried about chemistry. Joey and Morrow have been around enough time, Bailey and JC strike me as mature and would know their roles. Koby is just going to try to get better in practice. Everyone else seem to get along fine. Until I see high fives ignored, not worried. 
Goal is National Championship

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2018, 02:21:37 PM »
I wouldn't even be that worried about minutes/rotation.  It all comes back to defense.  Other than our two potential all conference players (one who is a good defender when healthy), everyone's minutes will be determined by defense.  After Sam and Markus, a lot of players are comparable on offense (Jamal might shoot the 3 better, while Sacar slashes better, and Greg puts up better assist numbers.  Ed might get more offensive boards and put backs, while Joey can stretch the D more).  If someone gets burned 2 or 3 possessions in a row, pull em.  We're past the level of being able to get away with being a one way player.  Everyone plays 2 ways or they sit.  If you don't like it, work harder on defense.

Point guard play from Chartonney is the difference,  or Howard improving like 50%.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2018, 02:28:12 PM »

Point guard play from Chartonney is the difference,  or Howard improving like 50%.

We'll see what Greg can give us with 2 healthy hands.  At this point I think he would be a step down from JC, although it remains to be seen how much of a step down it would be.  I'm sure JC knew about the roster composition before coming, and knowing that someone could be coming for his minutes should motivate him.  That being said, I'm not as worried about JC's defense as I am about other players.

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 02:33:04 PM »
This thread in the first page alone...lots of positive differences to look forward too.  Ed, Joe, Joey, etc... lots of different dynamics. Its going to be good year (if they play tough defense :) ).

Also, to improve defense do we press a bit more? We had some limited success with it last year. Lots of fresh legs on a long bench.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 02:45:09 PM »
I'm not concerned about either minutes/rotation or chemistry.

Playing time has a way of working itself out. At the start of the 2016-17 season, Traci Carter was the team's incumbent point guard. But there was a lot more talent and competition in the backcourt with the addition of Andrew Rowsey and Markus Howard. Andrew and Markus earned the lion's share of minutes, and Traci decided to transfer. I don't think there's anything Wojo could or should have done differently; the best players deserve the most court time.

I have yet to see any issues with a Wojo-coached team in terms of chemistry. Even with the added challenging of bringing in multiple transfers and grad transfers, these guys really seem to enjoy playing together.

My list of concerns for the season would be more like:

1. Defense
2. Defense
3. Defense
4. A serious injury to a starter (maybe not as critical with our depth?)
5. Injuries to multiple starters (hard to overcome no matter what)
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 02:49:54 PM »
Watt wil bee, wil bee, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 02:57:55 PM »
We'll see what Greg can give us with 2 healthy hands.  At this point I think he would be a step down from JC, although it remains to be seen how much of a step down it would be.  I'm sure JC knew about the roster composition before coming, and knowing that someone could be coming for his minutes should motivate him.  That being said, I'm not as worried about JC's defense as I am about other players.

Not sold on Greg as he had trouble last year with the small time he had.  You can push him further out on the court with his lack of strength being so skinny.  I think
another year of growth would help him which I expect.  I am not sure he will get much point guard play the next 3 years, back-up 2 more like it, maybe start when he is
a senior with McEwen.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 03:00:23 PM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 03:08:01 PM »

I am reasonably confident that we will not see much of Greg in a point role this year.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 03:11:59 PM »

I am reasonably confident that we will not see much of Greg in a point role this year.

Curious why you think this.  We only have 4 guards on the roster (possible area of concern?), assuming JC and Markus start, the back-ups would be Greg and Sacar. At least at PG Greg>Sacar.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 03:17:26 PM »
Curious why you think this.  We only have 4 guards on the roster (possible area of concern?), assuming JC and Markus start, the back-ups would be Greg and Sacar. At least at PG Greg>Sacar.

JC will be the starting PG
MH will be the starting SG
MH will also be the backup PG

The only time Greg would be the PG is when both MH and JC are on the bench. I don't think you will see much of that this season. Who knows though? Greg only had one fully functioning hand last season. Maybe that injury held him back more than we realize.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 03:25:09 PM »

Last year, 98% of the time the points were Markus and Rowsey.  I am reasonably confident that Wojo will work is rotations so that Joseph and Markus are the point the vast majority of the time.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 03:26:32 PM »
JC will be the starting PG
MH will be the starting SG
MH will also be the backup PG

The only time Greg would be the PG is when both MH and JC are on the bench. I don't think you will see much of that this season. Who knows though? Greg only had one fully functioning hand last season. Maybe that injury held him back more than we realize.

All true, however:

Nobody should be averaging 30 mpg so there will likely still be some time that both MH and JC sit
Grad transfers (both at MU and in general) don't fully acclimate until conference play starts.  If JC is struggling, he'll sit, more opportunity for GE, especially in non-conference can lead to more conference minutes.
Markus is still our worst defender, and often (but not always) bad defender=more fouls.  Even with our ability to hide one bad defender on D, Markus will still be in foul trouble at some point this season. More opportunity for GE to get those back-up minutes which could lead to being the normal back-up.

Bottom line, with only 4 guards, and Sacar not being an option, all three of JC, MH, and GE will get opportunities to run point.  If GE can prove it in the opportunities given, he'll get more of them.  PT is earned.  GE earned it last year, no reason to think he can't do the same this year, especially with all the criticism MH got about his PG abilities.
Reminder:  https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=55979.0

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »

Last year, 98% of the time the points were Markus and Rowsey.  I am reasonably confident that Wojo will work is rotations so that Joseph and Markus are the point the vast majority of the time.

So you think JC will get all of AR minutes.  Not happening, no one should be at 32+ mpg, especially in non-conference when JC is acclimating.

Not sure why people are against GE at point.  It seems to be widely accepted that MH is best as an off guard.  If that's the case, why would we not want him playing his best position as much as possible?  Markus really struggled at times running point last year, that's why if they were both in AR was the PG.  GE has 4 inches on MH, and has shown good decision making.  He'll at least be given a shot.  Whether or not he takes it is up to him.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:34:38 PM by Its DJOver »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2018, 03:34:23 PM »
So you think JC will get all of AR minutes.  Not happening, no one should be at 32+ mpg, especially in non-conference when JC is acclimating.

If you have a hypothetical three guard rotation (Joe, Markus Greg), each can play 26.67 minutes with Joe and Markus splitting the 40 point minutes and Greg playing off the ball.

How about this?

JC:  25 minutes total (25 at point)
MH: 25 minutes total (15 at point)
GE: 20 minutes total
SA: 10 minutes total

So am I saying that it is an absolute guaranty that GE will not be playing point guard?  No.  But I think the rotations will be set up so that JC and MH are at point most of the time.  And by the end of the conference season, I expect that both will be up around 28-30 mpg.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2018, 03:35:05 PM »
My concerns:

1. Trophy case not large enough to hold the Big East regular-season, Big East Tournament, NCAA Regional and NCAA Championship trophies we're gonna win this season.

2. K gets career-ending shingles attack and Wojo leaves for Durham after we beat DePaul to go to 20-0. (But Stan will guide us the rest of the way to the title, and will convince a half-dozen 5-star recruits to sign on with the MU dynasty.)

3. After we win the national title, willie warrior will contemplate committing suicide. But he'll realize that he can spend the entire offseason beyotching about Wojo not being able to win 2 straight titles, so he'll climb off the ledge.

4. Crotch itch epidemic.

5. A player yawns briefly during the national anthem. Under the new amendment to the U.S. Constitution, our team is immediately disbanded.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2018, 03:37:54 PM »

If you have a hypothetical three guard rotation (Joe, Markus Greg), each can play 26.67 minutes with Joe and Markus splitting the 40 point minutes and Greg playing off the ball.

How about this?

JC:  25 minutes total (25 at point)
MH: 25 minutes total (15 at point)
GE: 20 minutes total
SA: 10 minutes total

So am I saying that it is an absolute guaranty that GE will not be playing point guard?  No.  But I think the rotations will be set up so that JC and MH are at point most of the time.  And by the end of the conference season, I expect that both will be up around 28-30 mpg.

We've got a potential Beast POY SG, and you propose him getting the majority of his minutes at PG?  For a Freshman with a bad hand, GE did a fine job in the limited PG minutes he got last year.  That will at least earn him the opportunity to get the back-up pg minutes this year.  After the Harvard game last year, I'd be okay if MH only played PG in extreme situations.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »
We've got a potential Beast POY SG, and you propose him getting the majority of his minutes at PG?  For a Freshman with a bad hand, GE did a fine job in the limited PG minutes he got last year.  That will at least earn him the opportunity to get the back-up pg minutes this year.  After the Harvard game last year, I'd be okay if MH only played PG in extreme situations.

I think Markus is better with the ball in his hands than Greg is.  And the BE doesn't give out its all-conference teams based on whether or not someone is a "point guard" or "shooting guard."  Hell, the six people on last year's first team were arguably all guards. 

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »
My concerns:

1. Trophy case not large enough to hold the Big East regular-season, Big East Tournament, NCAA Regional and NCAA Championship trophies we're gonna win this season.

2. K gets career-ending shingles attack and Wojo leaves for Durham after we beat DePaul to go to 20-0. (But Stan will guide us the rest of the way to the title, and will convince a half-dozen 5-star recruits to sign on with the MU dynasty.)

3. After we win the national title, willie warrior will contemplate committing suicide. But he'll realize that he can spend the entire offseason beyotching about Wojo not being able to win 2 straight titles, so he'll climb off the ledge.

4. Crotch itch epidemic.

5. A player yawns briefly during the national anthem. Under the new amendment to the U.S. Constitution, our team is immediately disbanded.

Cee, der ya go again, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »

I think Markus is better with the ball in his hands than Greg is.  And the BE doesn't give out its all-conference teams based on whether or not someone is a "point guard" or "shooting guard."  Hell, the six people on last year's first team were arguably all guards.

Better at scoring himself, or better for the team?  How many passes into the post did Markus have last year?  I remember the majority of them coming from Greg or Sam.  There's been a lot of talk about the quality and depth of our frontcourt for next year, but they won't be very good if they never get the ball. 

You said it yourself that a concern is balanced scoring, and we'll be a lot more balanced if Markus doesn't take 15 shots per game again this year.  Less likely he does that (or even if he does they'd be better shots) if he isn't running point at all.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 04:12:35 PM »
I think the concerns about Markus at point are extremely overblown. Based on what I have seen,  Markus is the better point than Greg.

A while back I did a breakdown of the assists that the midgets dished out. Markus was actually better at finding every player on the roster except for Sam. Something absurd like 80% of Rowdys assists were to Sam. If Markus can develop the same pick and pop that Rowdy used to run with Sam I think he will be just fine.

I'm also not sold on Markus being our worst defender. The numbers don't support it but I want some more data before declaring that.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 04:18:54 PM »
Better at scoring himself, or better for the team?  How many passes into the post did Markus have last year?  I remember the majority of them coming from Greg or Sam.  There's been a lot of talk about the quality and depth of our frontcourt for next year, but they won't be very good if they never get the ball. 

You said it yourself that a concern is balanced scoring, and we'll be a lot more balanced if Markus doesn't take 15 shots per game again this year.  Less likely he does that (or even if he does they'd be better shots) if he isn't running point at all.

TAMU sums up my point of view nicely.  Furthermore, Greg had turnover problems last year - worse than even Markus' problems his freshman year.

Here is what Wojo said when Markus was invited to the CP3 Elite Guard camp this summer:

“We need him to be a leader,” Wojciechowski said. “He’s an upperclassman now. He’s been thrown into the fire as a very young player. We expect this year to be the best year he’s had.”

Without fellow sharpshooting guard Andrew Rowsey, Wojciechowski expects Howard to assume many traditional point guard responsibilities.

“It puts more responsibility on Markus’ plate in terms of not only scoring, which he obviously does on an elite level, but being a distributor and a primary decision maker as well,” Wojciechowski said.

https://marquettewire.org/3993610/sports/markus-howard-embraces-unbelievable-opportunity-to-attend-chris-paul-elite-guard-camp/

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2018, 04:29:34 PM »
I don't have any concerns for the coming season. I really like the team as configured. I am very bullish on the entire sophomore group who are very athletic. Greg Elliott especially, who is the type of competitor the coaches will want on the floor as much as possible.

We have a team full of guys who will do whatever it takes to win. With two plus plus shooters in Markus and Sam we are going to be a formidable foe for most opponents.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »
I think this team will be great going into semester then we'll lose two guys to transfer and another to injury. we then watch us do decent but not great and make scoop threads on what could've been
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2018, 04:35:53 PM »

TAMU sums up my point of view nicely.  Furthermore, Greg had turnover problems last year - worse than even Markus' problems his freshman year.

Here is what Wojo said when Markus was invited to the CP3 Elite Guard camp this summer:

“We need him to be a leader,” Wojciechowski said. “He’s an upperclassman now. He’s been thrown into the fire as a very young player. We expect this year to be the best year he’s had.”

Without fellow sharpshooting guard Andrew Rowsey, Wojciechowski expects Howard to assume many traditional point guard responsibilities.

“It puts more responsibility on Markus’ plate in terms of not only scoring, which he obviously does on an elite level, but being a distributor and a primary decision maker as well,” Wojciechowski said.

https://marquettewire.org/3993610/sports/markus-howard-embraces-unbelievable-opportunity-to-attend-chris-paul-elite-guard-camp/
Greg was hurt, Greg was a Freshman.  That combo will lead to turnovers.

Just because Markus can play point does not mean that it is best for the team.  Sam could probably play point better than just about every 6-8 player in the country, but it's not his best position.  Markus' best position is off the ball, so he should play off the ball.

The two biggest complaints about Markus that I had last year were too much hero ball, and being part of a poor defensive guard combination, that combo doesn't scream PG.

The two biggest complaints about Greg that I had last year were lack of strength, and being too passive. 

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2018, 04:41:36 PM »

Just because Markus can play point does not mean that it is best for the team.  Sam could probably play point better than just about every 6-8 player in the country, but it's not his best position.  Markus' best position is off the ball, so he should play off the ball.

The two biggest complaints about Markus that I had last year were too much hero ball, and being part of a poor defensive guard combination, that combo doesn't scream PG.

The two biggest complaints about Greg that I had last year were lack of strength, and being too passive.

If Markus ever wants to go to the next level, he has to become an elite point guard.  I expect big growth in that area this year.  Also, in the videos I have see so far
he has gotten stronger (can dunk) so getting stronger should make him a better defender.  We will see.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2018, 04:45:27 PM »
If Markus ever wants to go to the next level, he has to become an elite point guard.  I expect big growth in that area this year.  Also, in the videos I have see so far
he has gotten stronger (can dunk) so getting stronger should make him a better defender.  We will see.

I don't disagree, but I also think the only thing on his mind is getting the most wins possible this season, and not how that might effect his draft stock.

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2018, 04:45:39 PM »
Not concerned with this team at all right now as long as everyone is healthy.  Might be the one of the highest IQ and skilled teams MU has put on the floor and I do think the defense will improve.

Sit back and enjoy.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2018, 05:02:54 PM »

Well I trust Wojo and will just see how it plays out. He seems to think Markus can play point and that it will benefit the team for him to do so.

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »
This summer, Markus Howard was one of 23 college players to attend Chris Paul's CP3 Elite Camp.

A year ago, he focused on finishing at the rim -- doubling his 2-point attempts while improving his 2PT% from 45.4% to 53.3%. He also reduced his TORate from 20.5% to 15.7%.

I expect to see a similar evolutionary improvement in his game this season. He talked about that after the team's first practice at the new arena:

"I was trying to have a point guard's mind-set going into practice, trying to find my guys...I didn't really shoot as much but I felt that I was hitting my guys in the right spots, running the offense really well. Trying to get into the defense and kick."

He also talked about what he took away from the CP3 camp:

"My decision-making, trying to be better with the ball in my hands, pick-and-roll situations, trying to find my guys in good spots."

Markus will likely start at the 2 and play off the ball much of the season. But there's no question in my mind that he'll play the point and run the offense, as well.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2018/08/08/marquettes-markus-howard-talks-chris-paul-camp/934116002/
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 05:19:07 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2018, 05:17:22 PM »
Not concerned with this team at all right now as long as everyone is healthy.  Might be the one of the highest IQ and skilled teams MU has put on the floor and I do think the defense will improve.

Sit back and enjoy.

This is exactly where I'm at. Feels nice!

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2018, 07:34:32 PM »
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 08:13:20 PM »

6. Resistance discovers one of our manager's uncles voted for Trump. Bomb destroys AL, season cancelled.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2018, 10:06:02 PM »
6. Resistance discovers one of our manager's uncles voted for Trump. Bomb destroys AL, season cancelled.

That's morose. And let the record show I never mentioned the Unindicted Co-Conspirator In Chief! The president can't pass a constitutional amendment.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2018, 10:21:50 PM »
That's morose. And let the record show I never mentioned the Unindicted Co-Conspirator In Chief! The president can't pass a constitutional amendment.

LOL. Nobody was hurt by the bomb, maybe it was an accident.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:36:54 PM by Lennys Tap »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 12:02:04 AM »
How much do we beat Kansas by

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 01:26:17 AM »
1.  Beer price
2.  TV coverage and horrible announcers
3.  Stan leaves
4.  K kicks it and Wojo leaves
5.  somebody important transfers
6.  Earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, landslides
7.  Police brutality
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 07:36:47 AM »
1.  Beer price
3.  Stan leaves
4.  K kicks it and Wojo leaves
5.  somebody important transfers
6.  Earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, landslides
7.  Police brutality

And that's just the opening game.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 09:11:31 AM »
I think the two biggest "concerns" for me are:
-How healthy will we be all seasons. We can absorb some injuries, especially in the front court, but our high ceiling is really predicated in the volume and versatility of our talent. Injuries could impact that
-Can Wojo really coach. I think he can, but we don't know for sure. Everything about this season is how does Wojo utilize the various weapons he has, make adjustments to other teams, and maximize the roster potential. The roster is such that we can play just about any style of basketball we want, the question is will Wojo make the right decisions.

My overall concern level is somewhere around PBRs at the Red Dot on a scale of free to cost of beer at the FF.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 09:39:55 AM »
-How healthy will we be all seasons. We can absorb some injuries, especially in the front court, but our high ceiling is really predicated in the volume and versatility of our talent. Injuries could impact that
-Can Wojo really coach. I think he can, but we don't know for sure. Everything about this season is how does Wojo utilize the various weapons he has, make adjustments to other teams, and maximize the roster potential. The roster is such that we can play just about any style of basketball we want, the question is will Wojo make the right decisions.

My overall concern level is somewhere around PBRs at the Red Dot on a scale of free to cost of beer at the FF.

Damn that's low!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »

Extremely reasonable. If we are healthy and if Wojo takes the next step as a coach (as I think he will), we should be darn good.

Yes, I think my single biggest concern is how often I will have to listen to inane ramblings of the worst basketball announcer ever, one LuBara Dixon Simpkins.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »
If you all would read the Superbar once in a while, you wouldn't forget these big ones:

1. Lots of Scoop babies. How will they impact the viewing experience?

2. Lots of Scoopers cutting cable. Will our streams drop out at key moments?

2a. Lots of old Scoopers. Will their streams turn into trickles and keep them in the bathroom past TV timeouts?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 10:37:17 AM »
If you all would read the Superbar once in a while, you wouldn't forget these big ones:

1. Lots of Scoop babies. How will they impact the viewing experience?

2. Lots of Scoopers cutting cable. Will our streams drop out at key moments?

2a. Lots of old Scoopers. Will their streams turn into trickles and keep them in the bathroom past TV timeouts?

Cutting out streams are. Of great concern to me.

Babies not so much. My dog holds it really well and stays in her yard.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 12:03:42 PM »
Cutting out streams are. Of great concern to me.

Babies not so much. My dog holds it really well and stays in her yard.

My primary concern is walking my dog after dark.

I feel unsafe in my own neighborhood.
It wasn't always this way, only the last several years.
My head is constantly on a swivel for the danger that lurks in every shadow.
And it seems like the ones causing all the trouble have only grown more and more brazen.

Seriously, my neighborhood is LOUSY with skunks.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

fjm

• All American
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 12:31:13 PM »
My primary concern is walking my dog after dark.

I feel unsafe in my own neighborhood.
It wasn't always this way, only the last several years.
My head is constantly on a swivel for the danger that lurks in every shadow.
And it seems like the ones causing all the trouble have only grown more and more brazen.

Haha that was very solid. Good build up.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 02:12:20 PM »
My dogs got skunked a couple of months ago.
In my backyard.
At 2:30am.

Turns out your options for purchasing tomato juice at 3:00am are somewhat limited.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 02:23:04 PM »
My dogs got skunked a couple of months ago.
In my backyard.
At 2:30am.

Turns out your options for purchasing tomato juice at 3:00am are somewhat limited.

Don't do the tomato juice.  It stains your tub.
The Petcos stores sell a de-skunking spray that does work.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2018, 02:37:57 PM »
Don't do the tomato juice.  It stains your tub.
The Petcos stores sell a de-skunking spray that does work.

Petco also wasn't open at 3:00am.  My wife googled up some recipe using baking soda and other ingredients that was enough to tide us over to the next day.  We did indeed buy some skunk odor remover (from Home Depot I think) to try to get the last of the smell out, but it didn't work all that much more effectively than the baking soda concoction.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 19, 2018, 02:42:00 PM »
Petco also wasn't open at 3:00am.  My wife googled up some recipe using baking soda and other ingredients that was enough to tide us over to the next day.  We did indeed buy some skunk odor remover (from Home Depot I think) to try to get the last of the smell out, but it didn't work all that much more effectively than the baking soda concoction.

Trust me, I've tried many things.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide is the way to go.
The bad part is when they get it in their ears, though. There's no washing that out fully.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

feedback