[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: MU82, get the waders out  (Read 9381 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: MU82, get the waders out
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2018, 11:08:00 AM »
Depends on your definition of fake news. The counts did go up as more victims were discovered, and the failures by the government to restore the infrastructure led to more deaths.

I think the latter part is the real issue. Of course people were going to die in the storm, but the job of the government in a situation like that is to get things back up and running ASAP so that the death toll isn't exacerbated by circumstances that are reparable. That the death toll increased due to government inaction is pretty damning, in my opinion.

The island was largely without power 8 months after the hurricane. Can you imagine if that had happened in Palm Beach County (home of Mar-a-Lago)?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2018, 12:02:19 PM »
The island was largely without power 8 months after the hurricane. Can you imagine if that had happened in Palm Beach County (home of Mar-a-Lago)?

Has Palm Beach County been neglecting on infrastructure as a result of spending more than its receipts since the early 70's?  I don't see how one can logically place the blame on current AHJ's for something that began spiraling nearly five decades ago.

Interesting how nobody ever calls the city engineer or planner who approved their home's building permit when their house doesn't flood in a hurricane.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2018, 01:15:12 PM »
Has Palm Beach County been neglecting on infrastructure as a result of spending more than its receipts since the early 70's?  I don't see how one can logically place the blame on current AHJ's for something that began spiraling nearly five decades ago.

Interesting how nobody ever calls the city engineer or planner who approved their home's building permit when their house doesn't flood in a hurricane.

Fair point.

So maybe a D+ instead of an F. But surely not an A+.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2018, 03:44:41 PM »
Fair point.

So maybe a D+ instead of an F. But surely not an A+.

Does anyone get D's anymore?  Seems like most grades awarded these days are P/F.

i.e.
Are your lights on?  Pass
Are they off?  Fail
Were they on but now they're off?  Fail
Were they off but now they're on?  Fail
Did they flicker momentarily?  Abstain
Did they flicker momentarily causing you to have to reset that damn clock on the stove?  Fail
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.