collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Respect  (Read 15768 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Respect
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2018, 06:19:48 PM »
     i had an assistant(note-past tense) who turned to me and said that she had a very dear friend who was fighting breast cancer and very typically, was loosing her hair during the chemo phase of treatment. she proceeded to tell me that she wanted to shave her head to be "in unity" with her during this very trying time of her friends life.  i did commended her for her loyalty, but then suggested to her(very strongly) that there may be a few other ways to honor her friend.  my sympathies were truly with her friend, but i could not allow my (ex)employee(s) to use my place of business to show everyone else that she "cared". 

she is not, not with me anymore because of that issue, but think next crazy thought or move and you'll understand why i almost started cutting myself again

am i against people fighting breast cancer because i "strongly" suggesting she NOT shave her head?  absolutely not.  i have had a number of friends and family members fight this fight.  if my assistant would have asked me if she could've worn a pink ribbon on her scrubs, maybe even with her friends name on it,  i could have considered that.  the head shaving thing, however, could generate more questions than answers.  the last thing i needed was for us having to explain to everyone who walks in to our office why i've got an employee looking like prymaat conehead

So if the woman herself had cancer and lost her hair, you'd force her to wear a wig even if she didn't want to wear one?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2018, 09:49:57 PM »
Brother Sultan, the National Football League exists to maximize earnings to team owners. The teams within the league are investments, pure and simple. If Mr. Kaepernick (my apologies for the earlier mis-spellings) was able to maximize one or more team's earnings by holding a roster position, I assure you he would be on someone's roster.

It's called capitalism and it works!

Speaking of capitalism, this just in from MarketWatch (https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nikes-online-sales-jumped-31-after-company-unveiled-kaepernick-campaign-2018-09-07):

Talk of Nike Inc. sales taking a hit from the company’s decision to put ex–NFL player Colin Kaepernick at the center of its latest “Just Do It” campaign is looking overblown, based on data from a Silicon Valley digital commerce research company.

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017, according to San Francisco–based Edison Trends.

“There was speculation that the Nike/Kaepernick campaign would lead to a drop in sales, but our data over the last week does not support that theory,” said Hetal Pandya, co-founder of Edison Trends.

Nike’s stock has also held up after its initial slump. The stock was up 1% on Friday and remains in the black for the month. It has gained 29% in 2018, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average, which since 2013 has counted Nike as a member, has gained 5%, as the S&P 500 index has risen about 8%.

The news generated plenty of online buzz, with social engagement around Nike and Kaepernick rising sharply this week, according to 4C Insights, a marketing technology company. Mentions of and comments about Nike on social-media platforms rose 1,678% on Sunday and Monday, according to 4C data. Mentions of Kaepernick spiked 362,280%, the data showed.

+++

But yeah ... a bunch of old white men are burning their 12EEE Nike walking shoes. I'm sure the company is crushed.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2018, 09:56:06 PM »
Speaking of capitalism

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday

#1 Stop the politics
#2 you know better than the 31% nonsense. This is why folks say #FakeNews

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2018, 10:34:08 PM »
So if the woman herself had cancer and lost her hair, you'd force her to wear a wig even if she didn't want to wear one?

Come on man!  You should know better than this!  I think you got my point, but if you’ve never owned a business, well...Never mind
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2018, 10:46:38 PM »
Come on man!  You should know better than this!  I think you got my point, but if you’ve never owned a business, well...Never mind

MU82 is a pioneer. Canned as a 'journalist' decades before journalists were canned EN MAS. He's good for crying about people being kind, but when it gets to real world stuff.. yeah.. not the best...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2018, 11:16:20 PM »
#1 Stop the politics
#2 you know better than the 31% nonsense. This is why folks say #FakeNews

#1 Show us what the politics were in that post, unless your contention that the very word "capitalism" (which I used quoting another poster) was political.

#2 I don't know that 31% was nonsense. I was quoting MarketWatch. Why would they lie? It would seem they were just presenting the data they had.

#FakeNews -- ban dis guy for using the favorite political phrase screamed a dozen times a day by his political hero! Politics! Ban him!

Canned as a 'journalist' decades before journalists were canned EN MAS.

As usual, you don't know what you're talking about, and I'm not going to waste my time giving you the truth because you obviously don't care about truth.

But it is pretty sad that you are celebrating the negative personal circumstances of any fellow human being, let alone a fellow MU grad and fellow Scooper.

You are one of the least Christian people I have come across in all my years of association with Marquette. Not sure what happened in your life to make you so angry and bitter, but I feel sorry for you.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2018, 01:45:44 AM »
#1 Show us what the politics were in that post, unless your contention that the very word "capitalism" (which I used quoting another poster) was political.

My 'contention' means nothing. You whining about 'capitalism' is clearly political.

#2 I don't know that 31% was nonsense. I was quoting MarketWatch. Why would they lie? It would seem they were just presenting the data they had.

It's nonsense and you know better. You are a simpleton, but that doesn't give you a pass to spew simpleton sh!t to the real. Let's talk about their run rate.... were they running at a 40% increase online, and now it's 30%? How do they measure this? What are the dollars?  Shhhh. You're talking about about nothing. What does 31% mean and what company releases this type of info on a comp basis? Doesn't exist.

>>> FakeNews -- ban dis guy for using the favorite political phrase screamed a dozen times a day by his political hero! Politics! Ban him!

Great argument.

>> As usual, you don't know what you're talking about, and I'm not going to waste my time giving you the truth because you obviously don't care about truth.

OK

>> But it is pretty sad that you are celebrating the negative personal circumstances of any fellow human being, let alone a fellow MU grad and fellow Scooper.

I'm not celebrating the fact that you got pushed out of your small wage-earning career many years ago. It's just factual. Not a big deal. You made small loot, but got fired.

>> You are one of the least Christian people I have come across in all my years of association with Marquette. Not sure what happened in your life to make you so angry and bitter, but I feel sorry for you.

You flare up over a Christian that make acts of kindness toward you by placing a gift on your tree; you're so triggered that you cry online; does this mean you hold me in a higher regard than those meany oppressive Jesus-lovers?? 

We pray for you.

To be clear, if you apologize, I will take care of you as needed (nh).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:51:33 AM by Jay Bee »

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2018, 06:05:38 AM »

Can you actually expand on what you meant? Why did you strongly discourage your employee from shaving her head? Would you only be upset with her since it was voluntary in the situation you mentioned? Would you let a male employee shave his head voluntarily?

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2018, 06:12:07 AM »
What a piece of work.

Somebody pointed out that Friday and Saturday night posts get a little off the rails, and they were right.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2018, 06:30:57 AM »
What a piece of work.

Somebody pointed out that Friday and Saturday night posts get a little off the rails, and they were right.

Yeah JB usually morphs into his angry, mysogynist, snowflake routine on weekend evenings.  Sad.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2018, 06:35:34 AM »

Yeah JB usually morphs into his angry, mysogynist, snowflake routine on weekend evenings.  Sad.

Does anyone else think he'd have been  banned long ago if he didn't bring good AAU knowledge? I feel like people have been banned on here for considerably less
Maigh Eo for Sam

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2018, 07:12:21 AM »

NM

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2018, 07:33:21 AM »
Locked, because of course.