[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by BrewCity83
[Today at 04:40:04 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA recent investigations  (Read 121369 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: NCAA recent investigations
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2018, 09:14:20 PM »
Per Dick Vitale tonight:
A source involved in the @FBI hoops investigation told me  there could be some testimony tomorrow that can create a big nightmare for some coaches & schools / stay tuned ! @espn

Could be interesting, but like Newsdreams stated, FBI told NCAA to wait on any action until trials are over, like in April.

The last trial doesn't even start until April. It will be a while
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2018, 01:47:31 PM »

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2018, 01:48:28 PM »
WTF Roy.  Cmon...

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2018, 02:26:35 PM »

Also, a few comments from Roy Williams. Priceless:

https://twitter.com/RossMartin_IC/status/1049724664120037381?s=19

Oh Shaggy, you've taught us all a very valuable lesson.... just keep repeating "it wasn't me" and eventually someone will buy the schlock you're peddling.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2018, 08:12:53 PM »
Per Dick Vitale tonight:
A source involved in the @FBI hoops investigation told me  there could be some testimony tomorrow that can create a big nightmare for some coaches & schools / stay tuned ! @espn

Was this the ground breaking news??  If so, underwhelming to say the least. Seems like info we all knew at this point. C'mon Dickie V, you're better than that!

Thread on statements from today:

https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/1049704608661209088?s=19

GoldenWarrior11

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
If Louisville really was funneling money to Bowen after already being on significant probation - including having a National Championship taken away, I don't know what else the NCAA could do - short of the Death Penalty - that would make any type of discipline or consequence worthwhile.  Now, having said that, it is clear that many teams are not clean in this process, and UNC made a mockery of any type of legitimate amateur model for student-athletes as well. 

Knight Commission

• All American
« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2018, 08:07:11 PM »
Dickie v now tweeting from his sources  Assistant Coach testimony will be more damning. 

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2018, 12:37:25 AM »
https://twitter.com/DanWetzel/status/1050121467508269056

Not looking good for Bill Self. Or Sean Miller

MuMark

• All American

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2018, 10:34:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/danwetzel/status/1050481974790508546?s=21
Love the comment three reply’s down...”Explains why he didn’t end up at Wisconsin. That and grades”

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2018, 12:27:51 AM »
How is Miller not fired?  I can see waiting on some one like Self where the evidence is shaking out, but my god the UA Admin is a flipping joke.

MUMonster03

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2018, 03:24:14 AM »
Hopefully for the players sake's at KU, UA, et. all any sanctions from the investigation come out before the start of the 19-20' season. While I believe schools should be punished for rules infractions it is always the current/incoming players who pay for the pass transgressions by having post season bans when the offending players/coaches are long gone.

Which leads to what punishment do people want to see for MSU besides what they have received from the courts? Again you would be punishing current student athletes for the deeds of a rapist/pedophile. I just don't know what would be an appropriate penalty from an NCAA perspective. Only thing I can think of is a ban on money to the school from NCAA events for a certain time period. 

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2018, 05:40:14 AM »
Hopefully for the players sake's at KU, UA, et. all any sanctions from the investigation come out before the start of the 19-20' season. While I believe schools should be punished for rules infractions it is always the current/incoming players who pay for the pass transgressions by having post season bans when the offending players/coaches are long gone.

Which leads to what punishment do people want to see for MSU besides what they have received from the courts? Again you would be punishing current student athletes for the deeds of a rapist/pedophile. I just don't know what would be an appropriate penalty from an NCAA perspective. Only thing I can think of is a ban on money to the school from NCAA events for a certain time period.

How about capping the team to 10 players including walk-ons for 4 years; but they still would be able to play in the tournament.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2018, 05:45:27 AM »

Take away scholarships or heavy fine. If you're going to postseason ban it needs to be a year or two from now so the current recruits have time to weigh whether they still wish to commit
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #140 on: October 12, 2018, 06:10:10 AM »
A) First off, the whole Chicos “persona” is a complete fabrication.  As Jon Lovitz would say.... “aaaact-ing.”  And I’m not talking about how Chicos pretends to be someone else.  The “Chicos” character itself is someone pretending to be “Chicos.”

That being said, two words that will lead you to the promised land: Cracked Sidewalks.

B) FIFY.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2018, 01:04:12 PM »
Hope this doesn't infringe any ncaa rules   :P

https://twitter.com/marquetteu/status/1050769183355617280?s=21
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2018, 01:53:23 PM »
So I haven't really kept up on the trial, but it seems like every article I've opened names both Arizona and Kansas in every testimony out there.  The NCAA is going to go with the "these shoe execs were doing this completely on their own without these programs being aware that anything was going on" story?  Self and Miller are all good, and Zona and Kansas won't face any penalties, hey?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #145 on: October 12, 2018, 01:57:43 PM »
So I haven't really kept up on the trial, but it seems like every article I've opened names both Arizona and Kansas in every testimony out there.  The NCAA is going to go with the "these shoe execs were doing this completely on their own without these programs being aware that anything was going on" story?  Self and Miller are all good, and Zona and Kansas won't face any penalties, hey?
Well there are some assistants mentioned as getting $, and the story of KU's investigation into car ownership is kind of funny and wink wink
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2018, 02:52:52 PM »
Yeah, in the end, an assistant or two probably will be sacrificial lambs.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #147 on: October 12, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
So, what's the over/under on when Nico will re-open his recruitment?

At some point, a family as classy as the Mannions has to realize Sean Miller is beneath them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 03:42:46 PM by 94Warrior »

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
So, what's the over/under on when Nico will re-open his recruitment?

At some point, a family as classy as the Mannions has to realize Sean Miller is beneath them.

Pretty low. Almost no chance that there any NCAA violations until after he is done with school (unless something goes sideways and he's not a one and done). I suppose there's a chance that Arizona fires Miller if NCAA violations seem inevitable and they want to try the "we punished ourselves already" defense but I don't think so. One of his best friends and AAU teammate Josh Green just committed there. It would take something pretty monumental to get him to decommit.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #149 on: October 12, 2018, 06:27:59 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/fake-affairs-charger-driving-great-grandmas-300k-expense-accounts-inside-routine-day-hoops-trial-012320618.html?__twitter_impression=true

Kansas deserves the death penalty.  They were clearly involved in all the illegal dealings, and even when they investigated it they just looked the other way.  Clearly an example of repeated and significant abuse with lack (complete absence) of institutional control.

feedback