'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: ESPN Big East Preview  (Read 13067 times)

Its DJOver

• All American
Re: ESPN Big East Preview
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2018, 09:50:44 AM »
Wow, I completely forgot about that Georgetown length of the court game-tying drive. Truly shocking defense there.

It was bad, and I'm not defending it, but a couple things.  Sam's shot was almost a three, if players though that we were up three stopping defending once you get past the three point line is excusable.  I'd much rather Matt have let him go than pull a 15-16 Luke vs DePaul and give up a three point play with under a second left to lose the game (I still don't think it was a foul BTW).

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2018, 11:22:10 AM »
I just learned in this ESPN piece that Providence has a highly-rated incoming freshman named David Duke. Unfortunate name to have these days!

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2018, 01:47:24 PM »
Ya not sure who names their kid david duke.  Wasnt 18-19 years ago when he was even more infamous?  Very odd
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2018, 02:30:54 PM »
Ya not sure who names their kid david duke.  Wasnt 18-19 years ago when he was even more infamous?  Very odd

He was named after his father who is also David Duke. Wouldn't be surprised if his grandfather was also David Duke. Tough call between continuing a family tradition and sharing a name with a Grand Wizard of the KKK. I probably would have broken with tradition.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2018, 08:49:48 AM »
He was named after his father who is also David Duke. Wouldn't be surprised if his grandfather was also David Duke. Tough call between continuing a family tradition and sharing a name with a Grand Wizard of the KKK. I probably would have broken with tradition.

Ha yeah... more like easy call!

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Didn't know where else to put this but Xavier lost their top 2018 commit due to a "undisclosed legal matter." Scuttlebutt is that he is facing charges of sexual assault.

Assuming the allegations are true, good on Xavier for pulling the scholarship. They seemed to have had a disproportionate number of Title IX related incidents with their players but they always seem to take the high road when the incident becomes known. Unlike another Ohio school just down the road.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2018, 10:45:57 PM »
Didn't know where else to put this but Xavier lost their top 2018 commit due to a "undisclosed legal matter." Scuttlebutt is that he is facing charges of sexual assault.

Assuming the allegations are true, good on Xavier for pulling the scholarship. They seemed to have had a disproportionate number of Title IX related incidents with their players but they always seem to take the high road when the incident becomes known. Unlike another Ohio school just down the road.

#MeToo #MeTooAlsoReverseMeToo

Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2018, 09:50:08 AM »

Mack ran a renegade program (one in which many Scoopers adored from afar) but Steele won't have that luxury.

feedback