collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by willie warrior
[Today at 03:50:16 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: FDNY brawl  (Read 1461 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
FDNY brawl
« on: August 19, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
Curious to know what led to this fight and even more curious why nothing has been done about it 2 months later.  short of 6 of them receiving a 1 month suspension (not sure if it was with or without pay) nothing else has happened. I haven’t seen the tape, nor do I really want to as it sounds like it was nasty violent and I can get enough of a visual. “They can’t believe one of them wasn’t killed”. That sounds to me right there that someone should be fired and jailed.  I don’t think I could do this to my neighbor, wife, kid, etc without some type of charge

Maybe brew or tower know more about this?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/19/fdny-brawl-one-most-severe-beatings-seen-on-tape-insider-says.html
don't...don't don't don't don't

tower912

• All American
Re: FDNY brawl
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 11:35:01 AM »
Hadn't heard a word.   

A google search revealed this

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-metro-firefighters-brawl-at-bronx-bar-20180609-story.html

Drunk people shouldn't yell racial epithets at other drunk people.   I have little doubt there will be firings and jail time.     As it should be. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 11:40:00 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:53:29 PM »
Politics.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:05:21 PM »
Politics.

I didn’t see this as a political issue at all.  As I said, I did not watch the video because the violence described was enough for me.  If there was politics involved, I apologize.  I simply saw it from a,standpoint of what’s up with the lack of action upon those involved after 2months.  I could understand if there wasn’t a video of it.  I get how that could take longer to sort thru the b.s.
don't...don't don't don't don't

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 10:02:19 AM »
No one will be receiving jail time for a drunken bar fight unless they have a decent amount of priors. Especially in New York, the cops have bigger things to deal with.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 10:09:48 AM »
No one will be receiving jail time for a drunken bar fight unless they have a decent amount of priors. Especially in New York, the cops have bigger things to deal with.

Nonsense. Umm...... I’m guessing that if a bar fight of this magnitude broke out in Harlem, there would be plenty of jail time.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »

I would have thought a drunken brawler not having any priors would be grounds for arrest - or at least probable cause for further investigation - in NY.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 11:34:18 AM »
I would have thought a drunken brawler not having any priors would be grounds for arrest - or at least probable cause for further investigation - in NY.

Exactly, Benny. Hard to believe that for those guys it was their first rodeo.

feedback