[Today at 05:39:36 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by WhiteTrash
[April 18, 2024, 09:34:43 PM]

MU Gear by TallTitan34
[April 18, 2024, 07:27:40 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Uncle Rico
[April 18, 2024, 05:33:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Marquette @ Indiana Tickets  (Read 3776 times)

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
Marquette @ Indiana Tickets
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:02:40 AM »
Anybody but tickets to this game yet? I’m looking to go and the cheapest seats I saw on stubhub were $160 + fees. I went on IU’s website and it said they were no tickets available. What did other ppl pay for tix? And is there a way to buy them through Marquette or get a better deal somewhere? Thanks

Benny B

• All American
Re: Marquette @ Indiana Tickets
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 01:37:28 PM »
You can email the MU athletic dept. and request out-of-town tickets, but allocations from the host schools are quite thin already, and between the team's families and high-level donors, there's typically nothing left for the common fan for any conference or drive-able OOC games.

That being said, IU sells out Assembly Hall to season tickets... not surprisingly, there's even a waiting list (after all, I4).  If single-game seats do come available, they typically go on sale a few weeks before the game is played... unlike most, IU does not have a specific date where all single game tickets go on sale to the general public (since availability is typically limited to visitor allocations that are returned, cancelled group sales, unfulfilled alumni association blocks, etc.).

IU's official ticket resale site is powered by StubHub, so if you keep checking back to IU's box office and SH on a regular basis, you're pretty much going to see everything that's going to be available (short of going through a broker).
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 06:07:54 PM »
I called the IU ticket office a month ago and they said there will be no tickets. I plan on checking stub hub periodically as we get closer. Anyone know anything about Bloomington? Where to stay etc?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 07:43:08 PM »
I called the IU ticket office a month ago and they said there will be no tickets. I plan on checking stub hub periodically as we get closer. Anyone know anything about Bloomington? Where to stay etc?

The downtown is nice to stay. But it’s a typical college town. Indianapolis would be drivable if you wanted to stay there.

Keep checking stubhub but I doubt you will get cheap tickets until a day or two prior to the game.

Celtic Truth

• Starter
  • THE TRUTH
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
I appreciate the insight Benny

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 08:49:03 PM »

The downtown is nice to stay. But it’s a typical college town. Indianapolis would be drivable if you wanted to stay there.

Keep checking stubhub but I doubt you will get cheap tickets until a day or two prior to the game.
You won’t  find a decent hotel room for under $250 though, especially if you wait until you find tickets a couple days before the game. They jack up rates 3-5x.  Check Nashville, which is 25 minutes to the east or Martinsville is 20 minutes north. If you can find a room in B-town, the Hyatt Place is the best hotel on campus, or the Biddle at the Union. I may try to go with my son but I’ll go back to Indy to stay with him. He graduated from I4 last May.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 09:50:24 PM »
Wednesday night might not actually be terrible for hotels.  It’s the Thursday night and Saturday morning games that typically bring out the gougers.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

TheGym

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 09:37:12 AM »
Wednesday night might not actually be terrible for hotels.  It’s the Thursday night and Saturday morning games that typically bring out the gougers.

This, hotels in Bloomington right now are relatively cheap.  Fairfield Inn under $100.

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 04:37:13 PM »
This, hotels in Bloomington right now are relatively cheap.  Fairfield Inn under $100.
That's today.  Try game day. Or any other event day. Good luck with that one.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 05:35:07 PM »

Book today and cancel if no tickets a couple of days in advance.  Hotels usually have no booking or cancellation fees.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 08:35:59 PM »

With AAA discount, SpringHill Suites on College Ave is $119 for one night, Nov 14-15.   Courtyard just south of Kirkwood is $134.   Cancellation window is up to 2 days prior.

Like Doc said... book it now, and just cancel by the 12th if you can’t score tickets.