[Today at 09:51:44 AM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by Zog from Margo
[Today at 09:41:55 AM]

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by cheebs09
[Today at 09:36:47 AM]

Pep Band/Cheerleaders by TallTitan34
[Today at 09:22:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Elite 8 (??) thread  (Read 5054 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Elite 8 (??) thread
« on: July 29, 2018, 12:05:13 PM »
Some more extra Marquette basketball

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: Elite 8 (??) thread
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 12:11:30 PM »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 12:37:35 PM »
Wilson getting hot from three!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 12:49:06 PM »
Fantastic 2nd quarter. Great ball movement.....leading to open 3s.....fun game

ChuckyChip

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 12:54:15 PM »
Coach Crean in the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 01:25:16 PM »
This is quite the collapse.  No defense, can't run offense against man to man.  Foul trouble.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 01:50:23 PM »
Isn't it 87-85?

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 01:52:41 PM »
DIENEERRRRRR

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 01:53:02 PM »
Yes!!!!!!!Travis
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 01:53:10 PM »
NICE!  Collapsed but came back. I hate ELAM, however
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2018, 01:53:51 PM »
Stud = Travis

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 01:54:05 PM »
THE SENIOR ASSASSIN!!!!!
Have some patience, FFS.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 02:03:36 PM »
What a joy to watch Diener play.

Nice that Coach Crean is showing support for the guys.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 02:05:41 PM »

He gave up his final day of recruiting to be there in person.  He still has a lot of affinity for these guys.
Have some patience, FFS.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2018, 02:07:01 PM »
So much fun. So great that Diener hit the two daggers including that one to end 'regulation'. Props to Cook for one helluva game.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 02:08:21 PM »

Great victory, totally undersized team but as usual fun to watch and good for Wojo to get MU exposure out there for 3 weeks in the summer.  Diener is truly amazing
player for his size.  Coach on the floor.  Curious who pays for the travel to Georgia and now to Maryland,  TBT or the school.    Does MU put some of these kids up in
the dorms when on campus?  Gives hoop junkies to watch hoops all summer long.   Wonder why Novak does not play?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 02:12:19 PM »
Great victory, totally undersized team but as usual fun to watch and good for Wojo to get MU exposure out there for 3 weeks in the summer.  Diener is truly amazing
player for his size.  Coach on the floor.  Curious who pays for the travel to Georgia and now to Maryland,  TBT or the school.    Does MU put some of these kids up in
the dorms when on campus?  Gives hoop junkies to watch hoops all summer long.   Wonder why Novak does not play?

Not sure if Marquette pays or not, but TBT does not.

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2018, 02:13:07 PM »
Watching the previous game, the Overseas Elite do not look unbeatable.  VCU was down by 2 in a low scoring game until they tanked in the 4th quarter.  Will be fun to watch them in the semis.
I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »
He gave up his final day of recruiting to be there in person.  He still has a lot of affinity for these guys.

I've become more and more a fan of his as the years have distanced his tenure. A few of his guys out there, really classy to support them.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 03:57:39 PM »
I've become more and more a fan of his as the years have distanced his tenure. A few of his guys out there, really classy to support them.

And then he was sitting with Chapman during the next game taking notes/making suggestions and helping to gameplan.  Kudos to Tom.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2018, 04:48:05 PM »
Isn't it 87-85?

I think they totally effed that up. Glad it ended up not mattering.

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2018, 05:00:47 PM »
Going Total Tower ...

FAB FOUR!

++ Diener showed why he left coaching to play again. The man still enjoys it, obviously. And more importantly, he's still got game. One of my 5 all-time favorite Warriors. tough little dude. The shot he hit right before the Elam Ending was cold-blooded ... dare I even say Rowseyesque?!?!

++ I was never a Jake fan, and he was in the game only because others fouled out, but that was a huge rebound to set up the winner.

++ Jamil really played dopey after he got his 3rd foul. His 4th, 5th and 6th all could have/should have been avoided. I think he actually had 7, because Jerel "claimed" one of his.

++ Our boyz got all the foul trouble they deserved. Cuse played it really smart in the 2H, attacking pretty much every single possession. If I were playing these MU alums, that's exactly what I'd do, too.

++ This Cook guy has been a contributor. Made a big hoop after Jamil left with his 5th foul, and hitting those 2 FTs to put our boyz within 3 of the target score was crucial.

++ I am really enjoying watching Mo Acker. I can tell he loves the game, and he has become a very solid basketball player.

++ I think I officially like the Elam Ending. I will be interested to see what some of the final stats from the whole tournament show. I allow that I might like it because our boyz are winning with it, but I want to see more of it. So nice to have basketball down the stretch of close games instead of hack-and-TO-a-thons. Would be cool if D3 or D2 gave it a try, or maybe the G-League.

++ I have to admit that I was luke-warm at best about the TBT but I've obviously warmed up to it more as our boyz have advanced. When Diener's winning shot went through, I actually stood up, let out a whoop and raised both arms.

++ Might try to get together with a couple other MU locals to watch Thursday. I never thought I'd be saying that!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 05:10:50 PM »
Isn't it 87-85?

I have been looking and can’t find an explanation.  At the time the score was 87-83. Warrick takes it to the hole and I thought he scored while getting fouled. TV shows score of 87-85. TV cuts to replay and when the replay ends it cuts to Warrick free throw which he appeared to make but you really just see the ball fall through hoop. The commentators then say that the basket didnt count which is why he is shooting two free throws. Based on the commentary and brief shot of the ball falling through the hoop, it is apparent that Warrick did shoot two free throws.  Warrick then makes the free throw. TV shows score as 87-86 which would indicate the basket counted plus the foul. I don’t understand why he got the second free throw in that situation. Didn’t matter as he made both. If the basket was waved off then I understand the second free throw but not the score of 87-86.

The only explanation that I can come up with is that the ref gave him the ball prior to all players being on the court or in position and he shot it. The refs realizing their mistake made him re-shoot.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 05:31:45 PM »
Great to see our guys beat ‘Cuse to make the Final Four, and props to TC for supporting them!

Seeing Devendorf go 0-5 beyond the arc is just icing on the cake.

Goatherder

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
Not sure if Marquette pays or not, but TBT does not.

No, actually TBT does.  Teams are responsible for getting themselves to the site of their first and second round games.  If they advance, TBT pays for it.  However, this team chose to come in early to practice, so they paid their own way and paid for additional days lodging.

feedback