[Today at 02:30:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dickthedribbler
[Today at 02:27:07 PM]

Best case scenarios by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:41:30 PM]

2024-25 Outlook by Big Papi
[Today at 09:34:04 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Roster Released  (Read 15524 times)

ZiggysChestHair

• Scholarship Player
Re: Roster Released
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2018, 02:42:15 PM »
For guys that weigh 170 pounds it should be all about gaining weight. 6’6 guards should be 190 at least. I’m not trying to be a d*ck, but 5 pounds is a joke after a year. I’m not putting it all on the coaches but they need to change their diet to put on weight. You can’t defend at 175. Markus weighs 175 and he’s 5’10 for gods sake. I’m very excited to see Chartouny & Morrow defend this year.

I believe your views on putting on weight after a single year are too heavily influenced by the VicMc soft serve machine.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2018, 06:48:46 PM »
NO senior year of HS stats for Brendanin his official bio...  oversight?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2018, 06:56:53 PM »
I've got some fat I could donate to our guys!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 08:21:45 AM »
Do you think the Height stats are all pretty accurate? Especially in high school Basketball, that height stat gets stretched. But not sure if it happens at the college level...and guys are still growing.

Like Cam at 5'10" - no way. that bugged me all last year.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 01:48:23 PM »
In high school, my 5-3 daughter was listed at 5-6.

As if her being 5-6 would have intimidated her opponents!

"Uh-oh ... we have to play Payton Prep. They have that 5-6 giant from the Amazon!"
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2018, 12:28:41 AM »
Didn't know where else to put this:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1020707444874457088

@JonRothstein
Following Following @JonRothstein
More
The best Big East newcomer no one's talking about may be Marquette's Brendan Bailey. Missed last two seasons due to Mormon Mission. 6-8. Oozes talent.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2018, 04:47:51 AM »
Luckily that KD kid did not come to MU, somebody that skinny will never make it

I know I'm a few days late to this, but just had to give a +1000 on this as well as the comments about certain players' frames being incompatible with becoming a brick wall. These comments all fit hand in hand.

What do you think the over/under is on the amount of comments during the season of "he should have hit the weight room", "he should hit the weight room this offseason and put on 15 pounds of muscle", etc. Whatever it is, I'm taking the over. As it turns out, these guys are pretty strong, and strong enough. What is referenced is actually frame and not muscle. They could do a 24 month cycle of Winstrol and still look like "they need to hit the weight room". It's as if some have already forgotten our (recent) legacy of weirdly shaped players doing well, and completely ripped bowling balls doing poorly.

Cain especially looked pretty muscular in his freshman season, IMO. I just think his body is pretty much already maxed out. He might put on some, but it wouldn't impact his game much either way. If KD could be one of the best college players of all time as a freshman that couldn't even bench 175 pounds once, then I think we can do just fine with a few skinny-appearing role players at Marquette University.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:50:38 AM by D'Lo Brown »

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
Never pay much attention to the walk-ons. Isn't four a lot?

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »

I'm kind' a curious as to what Tommy Gardiner brings.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2018, 09:31:52 PM »
Never pay much attention to the walk-ons. Isn't four a lot?

APR Gold.  Kept Jimmy B and Bo in business a long time.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2018, 10:30:32 PM »
I'm kind' a curious as to what Tommy Gardiner brings.

Can't tell if you're serious or not but third or fourth best player depending on the night for a very good Maine South team last year.

Was probably their best player before he blew out his knee junior year and never really recovered from that.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2018, 12:34:24 AM »
Can't tell if you're serious or not but third or fourth best player depending on the night for a very good Maine South team last year.

Was probably their best player before he blew out his knee junior year and never really recovered from that.

I'm serious, I thought I read something like you descript, and I have a good feeling about him.   I hope some nice comments come from his practices.  Thanks for your input you seem to know the Chicago area very well.  Thanks again.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:15 AM »
I'm serious, I thought I read something like you descript, and I have a good feeling about him.   I hope some nice comments come from his practices.  Thanks for your input you seem to know the Chicago area very well.  Thanks again.

He will be a fine walkon. I mean, it's not like someone just loses their talent, and he was a pretty talented kid before the injury.

Where he probably helps the most is on the scout team. Maine South ran some pretty ridiculous offensive sets and if MU ever needed to prepare for a zone defense, I don't think Gardiner played more than 10 minutes of man to man defense in his high school career.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2018, 06:11:11 AM »
Who else would even be close? I don't think your position is even arguable, he is the best one and done ever in terms of NBA career

In terms of NBA accomplishments, yes.  In terms of college accomplishments, I would go with Melo

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2018, 09:01:56 AM »
He will be a fine walkon. I mean, it's not like someone just loses their talent, and he was a pretty talented kid before the injury.

Where he probably helps the most is on the scout team. Maine South ran some pretty ridiculous offensive sets and if MU ever needed to prepare for a zone defense, I don't think Gardiner played more than 10 minutes of man to man defense in his high school career.

Thanks again for the comments.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2018, 09:12:38 AM »
In terms of NBA accomplishments, yes.  In terms of college accomplishments, I would go with Melo

I would go Anthony Davis slightly over Melo.  Consensus player of the year and NCAA champion.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2018, 03:13:17 PM »
Didn't know where else to put this:

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1020707444874457088

@JonRothstein
Following Following @JonRothstein
More
The best Big East newcomer no one's talking about may be Marquette's Brendan Bailey. Missed last two seasons due to Mormon Mission. 6-8. Oozes talent.
Once Brendan calibrates himself to the pace of play at the high major level he will do very well.  The beauty is we don't have to throw him to the wolves on day 1.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2018, 08:20:40 PM »
Pretty sure the opponent on day 1 is Sisters of Perpetual Motion Community College, sew wee could throw F*ckin, BeeJay, and 3 midgets (not ment ta offend any y'all midgets out der) and stiil wynn bye 20, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2018, 09:09:53 PM »
Pretty sure the opponent on day 1 is Sisters of Perpetual Motion Community College, sew wee could throw F*ckin, BeeJay, and 3 midgets (not ment ta offend any y'all midgets out der) and stiil wynn bye 20, aina?

Actually Day 1 is an inter squad scrimmage.  And since we!re the deepest team in America, he better prepare for the wolves. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 09:57:36 PM »

Just ask #1 overall seed Virginia about how bad our opening opponent is.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2018, 05:08:47 PM »
APR Gold.  Kept Jimmy B and Bo in business a long time.

APR = only scholarship playas
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback