[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Fun combinations for next year  (Read 6395 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Fun combinations for next year
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2018, 11:54:10 AM »
Would love to see a healthy dose of Chartouny, Cain, Hauser, Hauser, Morrow

6'3" / 6'7" / 6'8" / 6'9" / 6'8"

Dripping with length & skill
I seriously doubt there will be extended minutes with no M2N unless something like foul trouble, injury or just having a crappy game. But 'Nova most likely, hey?
Goal is National Championship

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2018, 01:50:52 PM »
Can’t wait for
M2N
Samuel
BB
Joey
Ed

Looks nice on paper - until we face a press.  And who plays PG in this lineup?  Who is going to create any separation/break down the defense in that lineup?  Markus is only guy that has a chance of breaking someone down off the dribble - and that is frequently where he gets into turnover trouble (and facing a press/St. John's.)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2018, 01:58:22 PM »
Sam was vital for press break last year.  If that lineup is pressed, break it with tall guys making smart passes.  Or call timeout.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »
Sam was vital for press break last year.  If that lineup is pressed, break it with tall guys making smart passes.  Or call timeout.

Exactly. Having a Tony Miller is great and all but unnecessary.

Sam, Brendan, and Joey are all big targets, plus they can see over the defense.  They can all dribble and well enough to beat the press.

I actually think that lineup could be able to score quite a bit against a press.  In bound pass, 2nd pass to Joey, get a defensive breakdown...now there are three shooters running to the line and Morrow running to the rim.  You've essentially turned the press into a transition opportunity.

Joey's ball handling and passing skills will surprise people.  I can envision Wojo running some Golden State sets with Joey playing the point forward roll like Draymond Green.  Markus, Sam, and Brendan/Jamal would be the shooters.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 02:55:52 PM »
Exactly. Having a Tony Miller is great and all but unnecessary.

Sam, Brendan, and Joey are all big targets, plus they can see over the defense.  They can all dribble and well enough to beat the press.

I actually think that lineup could be able to score quite a bit against a press.  In bound pass, 2nd pass to Joey, get a defensive breakdown...now there are three shooters running to the line and Morrow running to the rim.  You've essentially turned the press into a transition opportunity.

Joey's ball handling and passing skills will surprise people.  I can envision Wojo running some Golden State sets with Joey playing the point forward roll like Draymond Green.  Markus, Sam, and Brendan/Jamal would be the shooters.
Agree on all on this. Up to players to properly execute

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2018, 03:09:38 PM »
I really don't understand this fascination with playing player out of position. 

Our defense was terrible last year, and a big part of that was because we were undersized.  Now there's this big push to want to play with a 6-7 center?  I get that Ed/Ike/Joey could play the 5 out of necessity, but we should be playing no more than 5 mpg without either Matt or Theo. 

Markus wasn't a good enough ball handler to handle the press/run point last year, but now people want Joey to do that?  It's great if he has above average ball handling skills, but Wojo just went out and got 2 PGs this off-season.  JC should be handling the pressure in any meaningful situation.   

Playing situational games like this is fun in the off-season, but come game time, especially crunch time in a game, I expect Wojo to go with 1 primary ball handler (JC), 1 big (Matt/Theo), and the three players that have played the best that day.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
I know it is an opinon and who it is, here is hoping
https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/1018149876666953729?s=21

feedback