'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: So Much for Bailey not showing up...  (Read 11871 times)

MUEng92

• All American
Re: So Much for Bailey not showing up...
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 10:06:24 PM »
Yeah......that certainly is crazy. Glad you made it through bear grylls.
I just reread my post... I deserved that.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2018, 06:53:37 AM »
When I was at MU, I had one pillow that was about 3" thick. In fact for junior and senior year all I had was a mattress on the floor, not even a bed frame.

Seems crazy now but no big deal then

Amazing what one puts up with.  Made me recall my kid's setup for the 3 week gap period between dorm and own apartment on June 1.  He and several friends were guests of an upperclassman in Library Hill.  His space: a corner floor spot in a bedroom with 2 others, sleeping bag on the floor.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 10:24:19 AM »
Hoping it doesnt happen any more, but freshman year in mccormick MU overbooked the freshman class?? And each lounge on every floir had about a dozen bunk beds and 24 or so new freshman were living out of the lounges.  Not sure i would be real happy if my child was set up like that.  Took about half the senester with kids going home from other rooms or whatever the attrition was but like i said a number of those kids lived out of their suitcases in bunkbeds fir half a senester or so.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2018, 10:50:28 AM »
Re: Brendan's haircut
I'm going to need a photo of him and Markus each at the free throw line to to give them this treatment:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFfaZ3vq-9Q/?hl=en

Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
I ran into Brendan and his mother as they were on their way to campus.  A great kid and he definitely has grown physically. He said he has been working hard the last month or so and is eager to start school and practice.

Brendan is going to be a very strong player for MU. He is in an ideal position right now as he can work his way into the lineup without the pressure of immediate need and great expectations.
Since you saw him live how you assess neck status
Goal is National Championship

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2018, 05:12:44 PM »
I ran into Brendan and his mother as they were on their way to campus.  A great kid and he definitely has grown physically. He said he has been working hard the last month or so and is eager to start school and practice.

Brendan is going to be a very strong player for MU. He is in an ideal position right now as he can work his way into the lineup without the pressure of immediate need and great expectations.

What do you mean he has grown physically? Is he now taller than 6'8"?

MattyWarrior

• All American
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2018, 06:44:59 PM »
Where is Chardonay?

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2018, 09:37:33 PM »
What do you mean he has grown physically? Is he now taller than 6'8"?
Since the time we he signed NLI. Was a bean pole then. Looks about 20 pounds bigger and definitely every inch of 6-8 if not 6-9.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2018, 10:04:59 PM »
Where is Chardonay?
With his cousin Sauvignon Blanc
Goal is National Championship

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2018, 10:36:44 PM »
Welcome, Brendan.

I've got to admit, to me he seems like a black box. I just don't know what to expect. Donj't know what kind of game he had in HS, and all the minutes threads kind of leave him out. He's a mature freshman, and maybe he'll be one of the bigger surprises this season.

Watching how composed the LDS players returning from missions to play for Utah State against us in Boise a few years back - I believe the upside is great.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 11:17:30 PM »
Since the time we he signed NLI. Was a bean pole then. Looks about 20 pounds bigger and definitely every inch of 6-8 if not 6-9.

He was 6'7" 170 when he signed.  MU lists him as 6'8" 190 on their roster now.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2018, 10:20:37 AM »
He was 6'7" 170 when he signed.  MU lists him as 6'8" 190 on their roster now.
Actually, the MU 11/11/15 release on Bailey's signing had him at 6'8" and 190.  Guess they just used the old number for the current roster.  His measurements are probably different now?

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2018, 10:24:55 AM »
Actually, the MU 11/11/15 release on Bailey's signing had him at 6'8" and 190.  Guess they just used the old number for the current roster.  His measurements are probably different now?

I was sourcing this Bleacher Report article.  I guess he grew an inch and added 20 pounds in a month;)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2543395-brendan-bailey-to-marquette-golden-eagles-land-4-star-sf-prospect.amp.html

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2018, 10:27:13 AM »
I was sourcing this Bleacher Report article. 

Almost always a bad idea!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2018, 11:01:13 AM »
Almost always a bad idea!

Well, he quoted many experts in the article and his source for the body stats was, oh wait...

https://247sports.com/Player/Brendan-Bailey-71748

Nukem2

• All American
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:16:08 AM by Nukem2 »

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2018, 01:43:51 PM »
www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111115aaa.html

I am sure we will here sooner than later from somebody who will see him play with the other players on campus about Brendan.

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
Hope it's true that he has added twenty pounds and in China to make him 6'9" and 210.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2018, 06:56:33 AM »
Hope it's true that he has added twenty pounds and in China to make him 6'9" and 210.

I wouldn't bet the farm on the accuracy of any height stat released by a university. Keep in mind that Markus is listed at 5'11".
Have some patience, FFS.

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2018, 07:25:55 AM »
I wouldn't bet the farm on the accuracy of any height stat released by a university. Keep in mind that Markus is listed at 5'11".

It'd be nice if he grew 4 inches this summer

GOO

• All American
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2018, 09:15:29 AM »
I think people are making way to big of a deal regarding the two year layoff.  I'd be surprised if he didn't get some work in during those two years, but even if he didn't, it isn't like the arrived at campus losing a lot of weight or gaining a ton.  Games don't start for 5+ months. That is a lot of time for a 20 years old playing everyday and working out everyday with veterans.

Not having seen him play, I don't know how good he is, but he is ranked well into the top 100 by almost all services, has solid all around stats (not just PPG), so he seems to have more than just an offensive game.  He will have his timing back and basketball skills by November/December.

I can see lineups without a true center where a guy like Bailey and Joey play together - stretch the floor a bit and go up-temp to open up shots for Markus.  We should still be able to outscore most teams. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:26:38 AM by GOO »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
I think people are making way to big of a deal regarding the two year layoff.  I'd be surprised if he didn't get some work in during those two years, but even if he didn't, it isn't like the arrived at campus losing weight or gaining a ton.  Games don't start for 5+ months. That is a lot of time for a 20 years old playing everyday and working out everyday with veterans.

Not having seen him play, I don't know how good he is, but he is ranked well into the top 100 by almost all services, has solid all around stats (not gets PPG), so he seems to have more than just an offensive game.  He will have his timing back and basketball skills by November/December.

I can see lineups without a true center where a guy like Bailey and Joey play together - stretch the floor a bit and go up-temp to open up shots for Markus.  We should still be able to outscore most teams.

I agree with this.

"Rust" is overrated (and, according to Neil Young, it also never sleeps). He will have logged thousands of minutes on the basketball court by November.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
I think people are making way to big of a deal regarding the two year layoff.  I'd be surprised if he didn't get some work in during those two years, but even if he didn't, it isn't like the arrived at campus losing a lot of weight or gaining a ton.  Games don't start for 5+ months. That is a lot of time for a 20 years old playing everyday and working out everyday with veterans.

Not having seen him play, I don't know how good he is, but he is ranked well into the top 100 by almost all services, has solid all around stats (not just PPG), so he seems to have more than just an offensive game.  He will have his timing back and basketball skills by November/December.

...and Sam.

NorthernDancerColt

• All American
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2018, 09:45:18 PM »

Some really good thoroughbreds didn't race as 2 year-olds. Apollo, Curlin, Just(ify ) to name a few.
Zenyatta has a lot....a lot... of ground to make up. She gets there from here she’d be a super horse......what’s this.....Zenyatta hooked to the grandstand side....Zenyatta flying on the outside....this....is...un-belieeeeeevable!...looked impossible at the top of the stretch...