[Today at 10:35:42 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Viper
[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Is next season's schedule too advanced for our talent?  (Read 25087 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Is next season's schedule too advanced for our talent?
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »
Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic schedule compared to most years for MU. That being said, it would be nice, even if only for one year, to beef up the home schedule. Now, if KU and UL and Tennessee(or even two of the 3), were at home...NOW you are talking. Buffalo is decent, but they are not in the upper echelon of CBB...get some "heavy hitters" at home and I think everyone would be happy.

Kansas State is at least top 20 this season. You also get Wisconsin and Buffalo, both top 40ish teams this season.

While I'm sure there's a few out there, I don't think there are many teams who will be able to claim three better home games in their non-conference schedule this season.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2018, 02:34:29 PM »
Don't get me wrong, this is a fantastic schedule compared to most years for MU. That being said, it would be nice, even if only for one year, to beef up the home schedule. Now, if KU and UL and Tennessee(or even two of the 3), were at home...NOW you are talking. Buffalo is decent, but they are not in the upper echelon of CBB...get some "heavy hitters" at home and I think everyone would be happy.

The BE/B12 Challenge would be ideal and would add a multi-year, counter-balance to the Super Conferences.  Both conferences are historically Top 3 in KPom.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 02:39:07 PM by Dr. Blackheart »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2018, 02:46:43 PM »
We should play home-and-homes against the NBA Western Conference playoff teams. The East sucks, so screw them. I wouldn't want to make that crybaby LeBron whine after Bailey dominates him anyway.

Otherwise, step down a level and play Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky and Michigan State at home.

Maybe road games against UCLA and Notre Dame.

We still need to play at least one cupcake, so F%cky can stay on the schedule.

That would be a good start. We could then beef up the schedule a little the following year.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBigDance

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2018, 03:20:59 PM »
Haven't really read thru the thread...but I think tough competition is great...we risk a poorer record sure...but the potential is there for top 20 consideration and staying there the whole season. We're not Long Beach or Oakland who have a decent team but over-schedule tough.....We can win these games. Glory awaits the Golden Eagles!

burger

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2018, 05:51:36 AM »
Are the present students able to handle the notoriety of having a Top 20 program and conduct themselves appropriately......Like showing up??????

"I am so scared......I need to share my feeling on Facebook for an hour"........Really????

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2018, 06:42:33 AM »
Are the present students able to handle the notoriety of having a Top 20 program and conduct themselves appropriately......Like showing up??????

"I am so scared......I need to share my feeling on Facebook for an hour"........Really????

Statistically speaking Facebook has aged out of the current college age group. It's primarily used by older gen x and younger baby boomers now. So given your attitude toward it you're likely more in the demographic that needs to share your feelings on there for an hour.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2018, 08:00:23 AM »

Literally WTF are you talking about

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2018, 08:14:42 AM »
Literally WTF are you talking about

It's what every generation does when talking about the next generation. I remember growing up and hearing how us Gen Xers were just a bunch of slackers who smoked pot and would never amount to anything. Now the Millenials are all social media addicted snowflakes who will never amount to anything. I imagine the Baby Boomers were once viewed as rock 'n roll addicted miscreants who would never amount to anything. They probably said the same of the Silent Generation and Greatest Generation before them.

I'm sure in the next couple years we'll start hearing the same criticisms about the iGen kids (even ones like the Parkland kids) and whatever label they end up attaching to kids like my daughter that are being born now. It's just what aging generations do to make themselves feel relevant. Probably more accurate to assess a generation when its nearing its end than before its zenith. Like saying the Baby Boomers are a bunch of government-teat sucking wretches that are going to bankrupt Social Security, tanked the economy due to repeated dalliances with trickle down economics, and the first generation in this country that truly left the world worse than they found it.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2018, 08:41:08 AM »
That was very wide open. There is a always truth too both side of that.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2018, 09:22:05 AM »
It's what every generation does when talking about the next generation. I remember growing up and hearing how us Gen Xers were just a bunch of slackers who smoked pot and would never amount to anything. Now the Millenials are all social media addicted snowflakes who will never amount to anything. I imagine the Baby Boomers were once viewed as rock 'n roll addicted miscreants who would never amount to anything. They probably said the same of the Silent Generation and Greatest Generation before them.

I'm sure in the next couple years we'll start hearing the same criticisms about the iGen kids (even ones like the Parkland kids) and whatever label they end up attaching to kids like my daughter that are being born now. It's just what aging generations do to make themselves feel relevant.

Exactly true, brew.

And I hate to break it to you, but your daughter is a diaper-addicted, Goodnight Moon-lovin' slacker who will never amount to anything.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2018, 09:28:44 AM »

I'm sure in the next couple years we'll start hearing the same criticisms about the iGen kids (even ones like the Parkland kids) and whatever label they end up attaching to kids like my daughter that are being born now. It's just what aging generations do to make themselves feel relevant. Probably more accurate to assess a generation when its nearing its end than before its zenith. Like saying the Baby Boomers are a bunch of government-teat sucking wretches that are going to bankrupt Social Security, tanked the economy due to repeated dalliances with trickle down economics, and the first generation in this country that truly left the world worse than they found it.

igen is generation Z. Most definitions say they're the post 1995 generation and the individuals most crotchety old folks like burger are referring to when they say millenials but are actually clueless
Maigh Eo for Sam

Bocephys

• All American
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2018, 09:34:32 AM »
Exactly true, brew.

And I hate to break it to you, but your daughter is a diaper-addicted, Goodnight Moon-lovin' slacker who will never amount to anything.

Goodnight Moon is the most overrated baby book

tower912

• All American
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2018, 11:35:52 AM »
I don't know.   It seems like we have a bunch of old women here whispering 'hush'.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:53:06 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2018, 11:49:25 AM »
That was very wide open. There is a always truth too both side of that.

Yup. It was a deliberate overgeneralization just like the nonsensical post burger made.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2018, 12:44:27 PM »
I for one am STOKED for this NC. We need a NC schedule like this. We don't need to win them all, we just need to play well and show something. I'm most concerned about the Kstate game. I think it will be one of those "make or break" games for the fan base that comes to games. Win that game and people will come the rest of the season. (Ie 2 years ago, games were half empty, we beat nova and all of a sudden the rest of home games were almost sell outs).

And also I'm between 10 and 49 years old so I'm a Millenial per media and everyone. Literally anyone who makes any decision that an older person doesn't like is met with "you're a millenial" I can't handle any more "millenials killed..." articles. Get over yourselves. You killed the environment with 2 mile per gallon cars. Thanks a lot.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
The conference schedule doesn't come out until after Labor Day weekend. What we have in Wisconsin, Kansas State, Buffalo and the tournament darling besides Loyola, in UMBC coming to the sparkling new arena is outstanding! Also, four Saturday home games before Christmas break for the students. When have we had that before?  Who can't be pumped!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:09:36 PM by Mr. Nielsen »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

tower912

• All American
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2018, 01:06:35 PM »
People whine if the OC schedule is too easy.    People whine if the OC schedule is too hard.     People like to whine.    This is a challenging OC schedule, the most challenging in some time.    If the team is who we think they are in our more optimistic moments, they will be fine.    If the team is less than what we are hoping for, there will be more whining. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

MU82

• All American
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »
You killed the environment with 2 mile per gallon cars. Thanks a lot.

Chinese hoax.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2018, 01:58:21 PM »
People whine if the OC schedule is too easy.    People whine if the OC schedule is too hard.     People like to whine.    This is a challenging OC schedule, the most challenging in some time.    If the team is who we think they are in our more optimistic moments, they will be fine.    If the team is less than what we are hoping for, there will be more whining.

Rest assured, there will be whining unless this team goes 32-0.  And even then, a select few would still whine. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2018, 02:02:35 PM »
Rest assured, there will be whining unless this team goes 32-0.  And even then, a select few would still whine.

The only way there won't be whining is if this team goes 40-0 and every game is a shutout. 

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2018, 02:04:55 PM »
Well we should have won some of those games by more! We should win every game by at least 20 or else Wojo gets the hot seat

Goose

• All American
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2018, 02:07:26 PM »
tower

I have not read all the posts on here, but I did not think anyone whined about the NC schedule. Actually, I thought this was a topic that almost everyone agreed on. Maybe, you and others, just want to post about people whining.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2018, 02:10:00 PM »
The only way there won't be whining is if this team goes 40-0 and every game is a shutout.

Then we didn't play a hard enough schedule or we didn't play our classic rivals during that season. Where there's a will there's a way
Maigh Eo for Sam

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: May 22, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
tower

I have not read all the posts on here, but I did not think anyone whined about the NC schedule. Actually, I thought this was a topic that almost everyone agreed on. Maybe, you and others, just want to post about people whining.
Goose, the OP 's premise was that the schedule was too hard.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #99 on: May 22, 2018, 02:15:27 PM »
Well we should have won some of those games by more! We should win every game by at least 20 or else Wojo gets the hot seat

Slaps of five and Backyard BBQ dates/menu will still need significant improvement. Unacceptable frankly!