[Today at 04:05:24 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by cheebs09
[Today at 04:00:16 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by NickelDimer
[Today at 03:31:19 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: MU @ IU - Gavitt Games  (Read 22635 times)

mubb3434

• Team Captain
Re: MU @ IU - Gavitt Games
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:27 AM »
I emailed the IU ticket office for single game ticket info. They said IF any are left, they will go on sale at 9 AM on the first business day of November.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 08:20:03 AM »
I emailed the IU ticket office for single game ticket info. They said IF any are left, they will go on sale at 9 AM on the first business day of November.

So basically, StubHub.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

mubb3434

• Team Captain
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 08:27:06 AM »
So basically, StubHub.

Exactly haha!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 11:29:49 AM »
This is a road game that I am going to try hard to attend. Assembly Hall is a great place and enjoyed my one and only visit there.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 12:07:27 PM »
This is a road game that I am going to try hard to attend. Assembly Hall is a great place and enjoyed my one and only visit there.

I have hated Indiana forever because I hated Bobby Knight, but you are right, Goose ... Assembly Hall is one of the great college basketball venues and everybody should experience it at least once.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 12:20:55 PM »
I have hated Indiana forever because I hated Bobby Knight, but you are right, Goose ... Assembly Hall is one of the great college basketball venues and everybody should experience it at least once.
Yes, but its horrible for TV with the weird camera angles..

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 01:56:50 PM »

I'm guessing a few of us were there in 1985 when Marquette finished with 4 players on the court.
36 fouls tends to do that.   
MU with 8 FT's made. IU with 45 attempts.

And how can one forget The General grabbing the PA mic during the game?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:30 PM »
Yes, but its horrible for TV with the weird camera angles..

They used to set their cameras much lower and closer to the floors, but those areas got remodelled out about 20 years ago.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 02:48:07 PM »
I'm guessing a few of us were there in 1985 when Marquette finished with 4 players on the court.

St. Patrick's day, 1985.  Came back from spring  break.  Watched the game on the 7th floor of the beer can.  Got seriously angry and proceeded to get the drunkest I have ever been.

I remember watching Pat Foley go up for a rebound against Uwe Blab, get cleared out by the center, end up on his back at the top of the key, and get called for the foul.   Even sultan would have gotten angry at the officiating.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 03:17:18 PM »
St. Patrick's day, 1985.  Came back from spring  break.  Watched the game on the 7th floor of the beer can.  Got seriously angry and proceeded to get the drunkest I have ever been.

I remember watching Pat Foley go up for a rebound against Uwe Blab, get cleared out by the center, end up on his back at the top of the key, and get called for the foul.   Even sultan would have gotten angry at the officiating.

no time on the clock when that call was made.  I think they reset to 1 second and Blab made the FT to send it to OT.   Majerus had to be held back on not only the call but on the adding time to allow the FT.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2018, 03:24:29 PM »

Was before my time, but this seems like the appropriate response

mug644

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2018, 03:29:10 PM »

I was on the same floor but different room from Tower; it was our freshman year and we were in McCormick. I went to high school in Indy, grew up appreciating IU but more of a Purdue fan. I too recall being seriously angry at the call against Foley, ended up totally disappointed by the result (and almost look back on it now as the true beginning of the descent into the lowest years of MU b-ball (which--F**K--coincide with my student years!)).

I was too drunk to know if it was the drunkest I've ever been. So, it must've been close.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2018, 03:37:37 PM »
Mug, after drinking beer during the game, split a fifth of Jack  with Joe Burke and then went out looking for green beer.  Ended badly.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2018, 03:41:19 PM »
Mug, after drinking beer during the game, split a fifth of Jack  with Joe Burke and then went out looking for green beer.  Ended badly.

Drinking with Joe Burke frequently ended up badly. I'm sure I hit all the bars after the game. As I always did.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2018, 03:48:58 PM »

No, they never should have been in that situation to being with—and refs have never influenced the outcome of a game.😉

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2018, 04:02:18 PM »

I was there. I had to drive home to go to work the next day. Going into two overtimes and losing made it a really tough drive.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2018, 05:12:06 PM »

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1985-03-25/sports/8501160864_1_indiana-marquette-uwe-blab

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2018, 10:45:12 PM »

Been there twice, 1970's dump if you ask me.  Heard some renovations might have been put in place since last attended.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2018, 09:09:25 AM »
Been there twice, 1970's dump if you ask me.  Heard some renovations might have been put in place since last attended.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Well done sir, well done.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:24 AM »

Yeah exactly and dont get me started on Phog Allen Fieldhouse

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »
Agreed, plus the Big10 is down this year so they should rack up wins against mediocre competition

The Big Ten this year should be a top 3 conference.  They did not lose the talent that other conferences lost this past year.
— Plato

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2018, 08:29:29 AM »
Yeah exactly and dont get me started on Phog Allen Fieldhouse

Have you been?  What is it like?  On my bucket list to see it and Cameron. Heard both are amazing. I've been to UCLA's Pauly Pavillion, nothing special but that could be because the crowd was not in it.  If you get a chance, Hinkle is great and the Palestra in Philadelphia also wonderful.  Also underrated is the Pit in Albuquerque.
— Plato

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2018, 10:13:14 PM »

Didn't ask ya, chicos. Nice dis of one of your 9 alma maters, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
Didn't ask ya, chicos. Nice dis of one of your 9 alma maters, though.

Ok chicos.  One alma mater. 
— Plato

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
The Big Ten this year should be a top 3 conference.  They did not lose the talent that other conferences lost this past year.

They were bad last year & lost a bunch, imo. Lotsa OK teams on deck.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

feedback