collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Rome Suggestions  (Read 3272 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Rome Suggestions
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »
Yep.  Per the recommendation of a friend of mine who lived there for a few years...

Head to the Jewish Ghetto, walk around during the morning/midday, find a restaurant with an old woman peeling vegetables or doing some sort of prep work outside, step in and make a reservation, and prepare for amazing authentic food.

This. Any really good restaurant in Rome will require reservations.

As far as must does. Pantheon is a must do. You can see the Trevi Fountain and Spanish steps easily from there. You can actually miss the steps if you can live without saying you were there.
I would pick the Forum over the inside of the Colosseum. If you can find a guide it is a cool tour.

Off the beaten path, we loved the Baths at Caracalla, the Pyramid and the next door cemetery, the only non Catholic one in Rome.

Lastly, one of my favorite bars is in Trestavere, called the Football Pub. Great beers. The real name is Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fà (loosely translated - What am I doing here?). Trestavere is a great neighborhood just to stroll around.

Whichever piazza you pick (I like Navona), make sure you sit, have a drink and a snack and people watch.

source?

• All American
Re: Rome Suggestions
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
I don't have much to offer beyond what's already been mentioned, but two things are good to know:

1.if it's a must see, go st 9 am or earlier. Beat the crowds, better for pictures, feels more intimate.

2. Anyone asking you to sign something, hold something, "take this, free!", or "I'll take your picture, free!" , is not doing you a favor and will try to get money from you and may berate or threaten you if you accept it and don't give them something. Tell them to pound sand.

feedback