[Today at 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[Today at 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[Today at 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Uber for kid's for school dropoff and/or pickup.  (Read 1489 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Uber for kid's for school dropoff and/or pickup.
« on: May 23, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/uber-for-kids-new-ride-sharing-service-looks-to-after-school-market

Would you use such a service? We take our 7 year old grand daughter to and from school, but some may not have an option.

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Uber for kid's for school dropoff and/or pickup.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 05:20:41 PM »
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/uber-for-kids-new-ride-sharing-service-looks-to-after-school-market

Would you use such a service? We take our 7 year old grand daughter to and from school, but some may not have an option.
There was a company called Kids Kab in my neck of the woods 25 years ago. I only knew one person that ever used it. I don't think it stayed in business very long.
Have some patience, FFS.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 08:35:31 PM »
Why pay when ZFB’s roomy van is free to ride?
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 08:42:22 PM »

I'd have no problem with my kids using Uber when they get mobile phones - KC school system is horrible so every kid in the neighborhood goes to a private school without bus service.  That being said, our school board is pushing a "wait until 8th" program where parents agree not to give their kids phones until the start of 8th grade and we don't allow any social media accounts until the start of 9th grade.  So my kids will be older before i give them an Uber account

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 12:41:34 AM »
I'd have no problem with my kids using Uber when they get mobile phones - KC school system is horrible so every kid in the neighborhood goes to a private school without bus service.  That being said, our school board is pushing a "wait until 8th" program where parents agree not to give their kids phones until the start of 8th grade and we don't allow any social media accounts until the start of 9th grade.  So my kids will be older before i give them an Uber account

In reading the article - 4th paragraph - the ride needs to be scheduled at least 8 hours in advance. I'm assuming the implication is that the user may be/likely is the parent. So I'm not sure if the wait until 8th business applies, unless that also applies to other things...  ;)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
Why pay when ZFB’s roomy van is free to ride?

Ass, cash, or grass.  No one rides for free.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 10:06:21 PM »

No. They have all sorts of losers driving those cars.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

feedback