collapse

* Recent Posts

2024 Transfer Portal by JTJ3
[Today at 06:20:57 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:43:38 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:49:54 PM]

Banquet by rocky_warrior
[Today at 04:25:47 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Last Call for McCormick  (Read 2535 times)

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Last Call for McCormick
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 11:16:06 PM »
Looks like MU isn't gonna keep it open to rent rooms during the DNC next year.

Guess chick doesn't have as much influence as we thought.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 07:32:29 AM »
Looks like MU isn't gonna keep it open to rent rooms during the DNC next year.

Guess chick doesn't have as much influence as we thought.

Check the convention thread. I was the one who broke the McCormick demolition story there.   :)

And yes, my influence is rather weak. I was at a thing about 18 months ago and floated the idea of a McCormick explosion party to Father Wild. He said it was too close to other buildings and that it would be taken down floor by floor in orderly fashion.  :-\
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
Old school appropriate would be to have it implode and throw a kegger to watch.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 11:20:50 AM »
I did some drinkin' and some fornicatin' in that building...

We had a Jesuit on our floor, Frank Majka. Standing by the vators with a young lady from Cleveland at 2 minutes to midnight with Fr Frank looking on was always interesting. We had to be reeking of sex. He knew... 

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:41:01 PM »
I have some thoughts about that keefe.  Mostly they center on how dismantling the old boys network the military is warranted.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
It’ll be interesting to see when/if the new Rec Center will be built. I believe that’s where the Master Plan has it going with the B-School taking the place of the old Rec Center. Although, it seems that has stalled a little bit if they are going the green space/ wait and see path for now.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 02:48:55 PM »
It’ll be interesting to see when/if the new Rec Center will be built. I believe that’s where the Master Plan has it going with the B-School taking the place of the old Rec Center. Although, it seems that has stalled a little bit if they are going the green space/ wait and see path for now.

Waiting game on that.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »

Donor wants B School to go where McCormick is from my sources.  That's against the master plan, but we shall see how it sorts itself out.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 06:52:44 PM »

We had a Jesuit on our floor, Frank Majka. Standing by the vators with a young lady from Cleveland at 2 minutes to midnight with Fr Frank looking on was always interesting. We had to be reeking of sex. He knew...

You knew frank?  He was the man!  Used to go to John hawks pub, swill some imported hops and play backgammon. He got me in to the meerschaum bowls with chit from uhles on Wisconsin ave. 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 07:04:09 PM »
I have some thoughts about that keefe.  Mostly they center on how dismantling the old boys network the military is warranted.

Frankly, you don't know squat about the military. But I will concede this: the military I left to attend Harvard was very different than the military I returned to after 9/11.

Most of the frat boy high jinks had been purged and there is a profound emphasis on personal accountability. Furthermore, the military I became a part of for OEF/OIF is AFSOC which is staffed by the finest, most selfless professionals I have had the honor to call comrade.   

A good friend of mine had an intolerable experience in the old Air Force. She is now a US Senator. She and I have corresponded this past week. She is one of the finest warriors I have had the privilege to know. And she concedes that the military has come a long way since many resented the mere presence of women in military much less flying tactical jets in combat.

You have no idea what the culture of the military was, is, or will be. The warrior ethos of today's SOCOM is a code civilians cannot possibly fathom or comprehend.

The brave men and women of SOCOM risk everything for the nation they love and serve without hesitation. These warriors are held to a standard of personal accountability that most civilians could not ever live up to. A bad moment for a member of SOCOM can mean instant death.

A bad day for the Ma and Pa Kettle of Scoop is a large person sitting in front of you in your nosebleed seats at Fiserv. (BTW, why do such Uber Alums have such crappy seats??)

I suggest you earn the right to be called TACP, SEAL, Ranger, or Force Recon and understand the dimensions of honor, demands of duty, and privilege of service that their world expects. In the meantime you best keep your uninformed views of the military culture to yourself lest people think you are an idiot, an a$$hole, or both.

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 07:10:23 PM »
You knew frank?  He was the man!  Used to go to John hawks pub, swill some imported hops and play backgammon. He got me in to the meerschaum bowls with chit from uhles on Wisconsin ave.

Frank lived in one of the suites on my floor. And yes, he took groups of us down to John Hawks Pub for Happy Hour and combat gammon.

Good guy.

I had forgotten about those meerschaum pipes. We bought him a MU rocking chair at the end of second semester

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 07:14:07 PM »
Frankly, you don't know squat about the military. But I will concede this: the military I left to attend Harvard was very different than the military I returned to after 9/11.

Most of the frat boy high jinks had been purged and there is a profound emphasis on personal accountability. Furthermore, the military I became a part of for OEF/OIF is AFSOC which is staffed by the finest, most selfless professionals I have had the honor to call comrade.   

A good friend of mine had an intolerable experience in the old Air Force. She is now a US Senator. She and I have corresponded this past week. She is one of the finest warriors I have had the privilege to know. And she concedes that the military has come a long way since many resented the mere presence of women in military much less flying tactical jets in combat.

You have no idea what the culture of the military was, is, or will be. The warrior ethos of today's SOCOM is a code civilians cannot possibly fathom or comprehend.

The brave men and women of SOCOM risk everything for the nation they love and serve without hesitation. These warriors are held to a standard of personal accountability that most civilians could not ever live up to. A bad moment for a member of SOCOM can mean instant death.

A bad day for the Ma and Pa Kettle of Scoop is a large person sitting in front of you in your nosebleed seats at Fiserv. (BTW, why do such Uber Alums have such crappy seats??)

I suggest you earn the right to be called TACP, SEAL, Ranger, or Force Recon and understand the dimensions of honor, demands of duty, and privilege of service that their world expects. In the meantime you best keep your uninformed views of the military culture to yourself lest people think you are an idiot, an a$$hole, or both.

Of course you're a better man.  That's why I come on here and talk about coeds from 35 years ago as a married man.  You make it a habit.  Have a nice day.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 07:18:18 PM »
Crash
That was a good old fashioned dress down. I am sure you will hear from the usual suspects on their perspective of our troops.
By the way, I like the upper bowl jab.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 07:20:51 PM »
Gotta know more 'bout that free parkin' on 6th and Brown, too.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 07:22:37 PM »
Of course you're a better man.  That's why I come on here and talk about coeds from 35 years ago as a married man.  You make it a habit.  Have a nice day.

Obvs the baby David's mother doesnt visit scoop.  You on the chat with your old lady about tv shows and what's for dinner on here.    ;D ;D

Goose

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 07:25:20 PM »
Doc
6th or 16th

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 07:29:00 PM »
Thought it was 6th, butt 16th would be a bedder walk, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 07:41:26 PM »
Freshman year lived on the 12th floor, room 1205.  "Study" floor, but it was wild.  Some lifelong friends as well as some guys that transferred out and fell off the face of the earth. Such a crazy group of dudes with a wild spectrum.

At one point someone pushed in the elevator door on the floor and it fell down the elevator chute.  Not good.  No one admitted to doing it, if I recall the floor had to pony up on that one end of the year to get it fixed. 

We went through multiple RA's who quit / fired.  It was quite the freshman year.  I remember we had a stripper come to the floor the first meeting with all the guys on the floor.  That was my indoctrination to MU out of the starting gate.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »

How is Martha?  She seems impressive.  Yes, she had a very bad experience in the USAF....rape accusations. 

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2019, 07:53:18 PM »

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2019, 08:52:44 PM »
How is Martha?  She seems impressive.  Yes, she had a very bad experience in the USAF....rape accusations.

I can't imagine how that happened (or Tailhook, for that matter), given Keefe's fine example of  Military pilot attitudes towards women.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 09:22:37 PM by warriorchick »
Have some patience, FFS.

feedback