'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker  (Read 28131 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: [Paint Touches] NCAA Free Agent Tracker
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »
Just didn't understand why then you were projecting out to 35?

Because just because my opinion is top 28 doesn't mean that someone who thinks 35 isn't realistic. My opinion is just an opinion,  not a fact.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 05:15:21 PM »
Back to the topic at hand......traditional transfer

https://twitter.com/goodmanespn/status/985642309042757632?s=21

MU82

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 09:05:55 PM »
Because just because my opinion is top 28 doesn't mean that someone who thinks 35 isn't realistic. My opinion is just an opinion,  not a fact.

nm
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 10:55:19 PM »
We have made it through the weekend and no official word on JC scheduling a campus visit with Louisville. Hopefully that means he was non-plussed with Mack's pitch. Also no official word on him adding any more in home visits. Hoping we get this locked down on campus in two days.
TAMU

MU82

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2018, 05:18:45 AM »
MU82
My point is simply based off getting the team everyone is counting on for next season. Without a real PG it is going to be difficult to meet many folks expectations.

Okey dokey, Goose. But I will say this sounds a lot different than, "If Wojo doesn't get Chartouny, he gowne."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2018, 08:27:53 AM »
We have made it through the weekend and no official word on JC scheduling a campus visit with Louisville. Hopefully that means he was non-plussed with Mack's pitch. Also no official word on him adding any more in home visits. Hoping we get this locked down on campus in two days.

Good news is that Milwaukee is looking very Canada-like.  He's feel right at home.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2018, 08:49:29 AM »

Good news is that Milwaukee is looking very Canada-like.  He's feel right at home.

Brutal. Horrendous timing. Hopefully the obvious basketball fit overwhelmingly overcomes that downside

Goose

• All American
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2018, 10:13:18 AM »
MU82

I said if he does not land grad PG, his days may be numbered. Again, even TAMU said that if this upcoming year is a bust, that he would have Wojo on or close to hot seat. Not sure on why my statement is so far off base. It is simply off my belief that next year’s team will likely have similar success as this year’s, without a proven PG.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 10:51:50 AM by Goose »

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2018, 10:42:39 AM »
Chartouney visiting today or tomorrow? 

Any updates on McEwen?
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

DCHoopster

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2018, 10:54:27 AM »
MU82

I said if he does not land had PG, his days may be numbered. Again, even TAMU said that if this upcoming year is a bust, that he would have Wojo on or close to hot seat. Not sure on why my statement is so far off base. It is simply off my belief that next year’s team will likely have similar success as this year’s, without a proven PG.

It would be hard to believe Wojo can not sell somebody on the opportunity to start on a Big East team that would have a slight chance to compete against Villy.  All the pieces are in place for the upcoming year and even the following year even better. more experience.  See what
happens, anybody seen the Burke kid play?  Is the Utah St. kid visiting?

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2018, 10:55:02 AM »
Chartouney visiting today or tomorrow? 

Any updates on McEwen?

JC visits tomorrow.  Staff in Texas today visiting Samuel Williamson per Corey Evans twitter.

I haven't seen anything new about McEwen.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2018, 10:56:19 AM »
DC

I agree completely. It should be a very easy sell. That was part of my thought process as well. I would like to think it is an easy get, regardless of the crappy weather for the kid’s visit.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2018, 11:14:21 AM »
Nothing is an easy get in recruiting.

At least nothing worth getting.....

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »
It would be hard to believe Wojo can not sell somebody on the opportunity to start on a Big East team that would have a slight chance to compete against Villy.  All the pieces are in place for the upcoming year and even the following year even better. more experience.  See what

Still waiting for the Grime's Story.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

Goose

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2018, 11:24:27 AM »
MuMark

I agree recruiting is never easy. That said, like anything in biz, some deals are easier than other deals. I would like to think MU is currently a better option for a grad PG than Louisville, especially if he is the missing piece to top 20 team.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2018, 12:01:50 PM »
You do have to wonder why he hasn't scheduled a visit to UL yet, after they just had an in home with them. Could it be, he fully intends to commit to MU barring something disastrous happening that would make him change his mind??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2018, 12:46:41 PM »
Still waiting for the Grime's Story.
Need to wait after he is done cbb
Goal is National Championship

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2018, 12:48:31 PM »

Yes the Utah State kid is visiting

https://twitter.com/jonrothstein/status/985936501954502656?s=21

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:37 PM »
My opinion is just an opinion,  not a fact.
LOL, I see what you did there.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »

McEwen would be a very good pickup for the program. I like traditional two year transfers who have proven production.  They get a year to work out, build team chemistry and be positioned to come out of the gates strong.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2018, 03:02:54 PM »

Anyone seen this kid play?  Looks like a pretty inefficient player per Pomeroy.  Shots percentage went up 5% as sophomore and his eFG% dropped from 55.6% as frosh to 47.8% as sophomore.  O-Rating of 96.9, and about 93.0 over 25 games against Tier A&B competition. 

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2018, 04:50:03 PM »
Anyone seen this kid play?  Looks like a pretty inefficient player per Pomeroy.  Shots percentage went up 5% as sophomore and his eFG% dropped from 55.6% as frosh to 47.8% as sophomore.  O-Rating of 96.9, and about 93.0 over 25 games against Tier A&B competition.

His freshman year numbers were good. They did lose a pair of senior starters, but the team had pretty comparable numbers so I agree that's a concern.

One interesting note was how much as McEwen went, so went USU his sophomore year. It's an arbitrary cutoff, but in games where he had 95+ ORtg they went 13-2. In games where he was below 95, they went 3-12.

I'd hope the year would help him improve his shot, and he is truly an elite rebounder for his size, but he doesn't have the jump off the stat sheet numbers someone like Rowsey had.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
His freshman year numbers were good. They did lose a pair of senior starters, but the team had pretty comparable numbers so I agree that's a concern.

One interesting note was how much as McEwen went, so went USU his sophomore year. It's an arbitrary cutoff, but in games where he had 95+ ORtg they went 13-2. In games where he was below 95, they went 3-12.

I'd hope the year would help him improve his shot, and he is truly an elite rebounder for his size, but he doesn't have the jump off the stat sheet numbers someone like Rowsey had.
Also he did have an injury and was the focus of opposing defenses per an article I googled re his injury.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2018, 04:54:27 PM »

But as you noted looked very efficient as a freshman. The hope with McEwen is that with a year off he could get back to freshman year form. Marcus Foster was a similar situation when he transferred to Creighton. He had an amazing freshman year followed by an inefficient and blah sophomore year. He took a year off and was then All Big East for the Jays.

Note, I am not saying McEwen will be the next Marcus Foster. I am saying that there have been times when a player who sophomore slumped transferred and ended up getting better.
TAMU

feedback