collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Mel Brooks movies  (Read 3259 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Re: 2018 Grad Transfer Thread, Updated 2/15/2018
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2018, 03:59:19 PM »
Oh, great.   Hey mods.... someone hijacked Jockey's account again.

(The fact that he termed a movie that made fun of rednecks for almost two hours straight "not a very good movie" is a dead giveaway.)

I make fun of rednecks at least two hours every day - I don't need no stinkin' movie.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2018, 04:13:54 PM »
Your opinion is wrong:

Blazing Saddles
Young Frankenstein
Space Balls
Robin Hood Men in Tights
History of the World Part 1

1.  Young Frankenstein (Peter Boyle, Teri Garr, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman and Madeline Kahn all knock it out of the park in supporting roles)

2.  Blazing Saddles
3.  High Anxiety (For some reason nobody has seen this- funny spoof of Hitchcock movie - Cloris Leachman, Harvey Korman and Madeline Kahn just make me laugh)
4-6.  History of the World Part 1, The Producers, Spaceballs (put 'em in whatever order you want.  All good, none outstanding as far as I can tell)
7.  Robin Hood, Men in Tights - above average

8.  To Be or Not to Be - Eh

9-11 Silent Movie, Life Stinks, Dracula: Dead and Loving It (Blecch)
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
Re: Mel Brooks movies
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »
Young Frankenstein probably on top.

Silent Movie underrated here.

No mention of The Twelve Chairs? Not typical Mel Brooks but a funny movie.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »
1.  Young Frankenstein (Peter Boyle, Teri Garr, Cloris Leachman, Marty Feldman and Madeline Kahn all knock it out of the park in supporting roles)

2.  Blazing Saddles
3.  High Anxiety (For some reason nobody has seen this- funny spoof of Hitchcock movie - Cloris Leachman, Harvey Korman and Madeline Kahn just make me laugh)
4-6.  History of the World Part 1, The Producers, Spaceballs (put 'em in whatever order you want.  All good, none outstanding as far as I can tell)
7.  Robin Hood, Men in Tights - above average

8.  To Be or Not to Be - Eh

9-11 Silent Movie, Life Stinks, Dracula: Dead and Loving It (Blecch)

Speaking of Madeline Kahn knocking it out of the park, in my younger years, I always thought Clue was a Mel Brooks movie.  Had it been, it would have been right behind Blazing Saddles on my list.

Who knows... maybe Mel Brooks will sign on to direct the remake with Ryan Reynolds.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.