MUScoop > The Superbar

Scoop Airport/Hotel/Travel Thread

(1/450) > >>

DegenerateDish:
I know this thread might not be for everyone, and didn’t want to confuse this thread for when people ask questions about specific destinations, which usually leads to really great and detailed info.

I know there’s folks on here that travel a lot, so figured this could be about airports/hotels/reward programs/tips/frustrations, stuff like that.

With that said, I flew in and out of Lambert for the first time (typically I’ll just make the drive from Chicago), but Lambert could use a new coat of paint. Maybe a couple of coats. Albeit a long time ago, for a former hub, I was surprised by how outdated it is.

MU Fan in Connecticut:
I last flew in/out of Lambert in 25 years ago and I recall nothing about it.

WarriorFan:
OK, here's a start from someone who's already done 91k miles this year.

Airports that Suck:
Miami
LHR
LAX
Moscow Shermetyevo
Beijing
everything in Australia except Melbourne
Bangkok
Phuket
KLIA
Narita T1
Las Vegas
Dubai
Charles DeGaulle

airports I barely tolerate:
IAH
ORD
Incheon
Melbourne
JNB
Jakarta
Narita T2
PHX
DEN
Abu Dhabi
Newcastle
Denpasar (Bali)
Midway
ATL

good airports:
SIN
HKG
Vienna
Capetown
MKE
Tokyo Haneda
Tucson
Doha
AMS
Manchester

Updated with a few more I've used recently.

Chili:
I was just in Lambert this week too. Down there about every 6 weeks or so - it's a dump. I mean it's not LGA hot pile of garbage bad - but it's really bad.

Favorite airports have to be AMS & MUC.

GRU in Sao Paulo isn't bad for a South American airport. AUK isn't too bad either. Narita > Haneda. DUS is a convenient place to directly get Europe from ORD. 

Echo the statements above regarding Beijing and Australia being subpar. I would throw the Shanghai airports on their too - nothing special. This goes for a lot travel in mainland China. Mexico City is a pain as well. Rio isn't that great.

As for alliances - what is everyone's choice? I was 1K on United for a few years but a new job doesn't have me going overseas as much anymore so I am now just grinding out Gold. Was thinking about switching to another international star alliance carrier to get gold easier but wasn't sure if I should.

Also, a while back someone mentioned Briggs & Riley luggage. Good lord that person needs a high five. I love my bag. I had to get my wife one so she would stop stealing mine. I won't buy another brand ever again.

mu_hilltopper:
I just bought a piece of luggage .. the $120 model will do just fine.  Serious q, Briggs & Riley seems to be $300-600.  What makes it 3x better? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version