collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: UCONN fires Kevin Ollie  (Read 3627 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: UCONN fires Kevin Ollie
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 10:03:30 AM »
You're right on that. Calhoun does = Uconn men's basketball, and it remains to be seen that they will recruit at the same level or win championships without him. In history, legendary coaches are usually associated with a rise and a fall afterwards.

I think we need a few Hurley years to assess whether things will ever be the same at Uconn.

4 to 5 years, sources say.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 10:24:42 AM »
4 to 5 years, sources say.

I think "source" has been stressing 5 years recently for some reason....

D'Lo Brown

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2018, 10:54:42 AM »
I think "source" has been stressing 5 years recently for some reason....

Haha. I don't think Uconn fans will be in for a 5 year rebuild. The assumption is that they will almost immediately turn it around. You might say that's easier done than for Wojo in the more competitive BE so it's not a perfect comparison.

If they don't make the tourney within the next 3 seasons, Hurley will be a thin ice entering the 4th.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2018, 12:52:12 PM »
Haha. I don't think Uconn fans will be in for a 5 year rebuild. The assumption is that they will almost immediately turn it around. You might say that's easier done than for Wojo in the more competitive BE so it's not a perfect comparison.

If they don't make the tourney within the next 3 seasons, Hurley will be a thin ice entering the 4th.

I was thinking that today, as impatient as Marquette fans have seemingly been over the past two years, we're way more patient than other power conference teams.

Maybe that's just because you guys had to suffer through the Dukiet years though.

feedback